Skip to content

#10492 Multiclass Cleric/Rangers gain additional attacks per round based on Cleric Level

DragonRiderDragonRider Member Posts: 43
edited November 2014 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
Current Behavior:
Multiclass Cleric/Rangers get additional attacks per round based on Cleric Level instead of their Ranger level. This allows Cleric/Rangers to get their first +1/2 attack per round 40,000 XP sooner (at Cleric 7/Ranger 6) and their second +1/2 attack per round 750,000 XP sooner (at Cleric 13/Ranger 11).

Expected Behavior:
Multiclass Cleric/Rangers should get their first +1/2 attack per round at 150,000 XP (Cleric 7/Ranger 7).
Multiclass Cleric/Rangers should get their second +1/2 attack per round at 3,000,000 XP (Cleric 14/Ranger 13)

For what it's worth, here's my guess as to why this bug is happening (please note that I have very limited programming experience and know nothing about the IWD:EE code, so take this with a giant sized grain of salt):
[Spoiler]I would imagine this has something to do with the fact that the Cleric class is listed first in this multiclass combination. Multiclass Fighters always have the Fighter class listed first. There is only 1 race (Half-Elf) that can be a Multiclass Cleric/Ranger and there are no other Warrior type classes that can Multiclass (no muliticlass Paladins or Barbarians). It would be easy to write the code to have the game add attacks per round based on the first class, since that is the position the Fighter class always occupies for Multiclass Fighter characters. I hope that helps in some way.[/spoiler]

Steps to Replicate:
1. Create a new game with a Half-Elf Cleric/Ranger
2. Get through opening dialog and select the Cleric/Ranger
3. Press "ctr+space" to access the console
4. Type: C:SetCurrentXP(100,000)
5. Level up the character (should be Cleric 6/Ranger 6) and note the number of attacks listed in the character record.
6. Press "ctr+space" to access the console and type: C:SetCurrentXP(110,000)
7. Level up the character (should be Cleric 7/Ranger 6) and note the number of attacks listed in the character record have increased by 1/2 attack per round.
8. Press "ctr+space" to access the console and type: C:SetCurrentXP(2,000,000)
9. Level up the character (should be Cleric 12/Ranger 11)and note the number of attacks listed in the character record
10. Press "ctr+space" to access the console and type: C:SetCurrentXP(2,250,000)
11. Level up the character (should be Cleric 13/Ranger 11) and note the number of attacks listed in the character record have increased by 1/2 attack per round.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments