Skip to content

If possible, it would be great if the future patch wasn't big and didn't take much time to be out

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
IWDEE has become the most bug-free (at the start) game released by Beamdog. I have not encountered any problems so far. The game is fluent and I like it so much.

But in the same time, it's nearly impossible to get a release version, absolutely free from any bugs. There're about 25 bugs reported in the IWDEE bugs section. Most of them are not serious at all, but there are still somewhat next-to-serious for some people issues like, for e.g., the maximum XP level for dualled characters and the usage of magical robes by kensages.

We know the Devs do their utmost for us. We feel it in the quality of IWDEE.

There have been many people unhappy about the patch process for BG2EE. Soon our waiting will be over.

If possible, I would vote for the Devs releasing a small, and not big, patch for IWDEE as soon as it's reasonably possible. It could be a wonderful thing after the situation with a 1.3 patch for BG2EE.

Cheers!

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    The only bug I've encountered in my game is the one where the selected character gives his or her "breaking the fourth wall" selection complaint line often and repetitively. It's not enough of a big deal to stop me from enjoying and appreciating my IWD:EE, but it is mildly annoying, and I would appreciate a fast fix for it.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Hear hear!!!
  • marcosmarcos Member Posts: 72
    Does anyone have an idea when a patch will be out?
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    I agree. There have been no game breaking bugs. And actually the bugs found, are very minor. As mentioned the sound-sets still have some errors, annoying yes, but I can live with it.

I would love to see a patch soon-ish. It would be much preferred if some of those little details gets solved ... (cough cough "guard button" cough ...)
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Seems to be some multiplayer issues with items going missing if multiple people are moving items around. It could break a game quite easily.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    "If possible, it would be great if the future patch wasn't big and didn't take much time to be out"

Yeah, I agree. It takes a while to get out from entanglement in a particularly large briar patch.
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Wowo said:

Seems to be some multiplayer issues with items going missing if multiple people are moving items around. It could break a game quite easily.

Oh I forgot about the multi-player bugs, yes they can be game breaking, thx @wowo