Skip to content

Hello! And a question...

Greetings!

After owning BG:EE since it was released I've finally gotten round to having a proper go and decided to sign up for these forums. :)

My cousin in Germany actually got me hooked on the original BG2 game back when it was released and as soon as I came back to the UK from that holiday at the time I went straight to my local Electronics Boutique and bought myself a copy! (Well, my mother was kind enough to buy it for me...) I remember the box being particularly large and gorgeously detailed, though that could be rose-tinted glasses.

I have to confess I did sign up to also ask a question, but it's so awesome to see so much life in these forums for a game that is now decades old. :) I think Overhaul Games did a fantastic job with the Enhanced Edition and I love that they've moved to IWD now too!

My question is, I believe, fairly straightforward...it's related to Neera's romance in BG1:EE and not related to a bug - I screwed it up by giving the wrong answer following her quest (she was basically leading CHARNAME into an innuendo, which she prompted for where she says something like "Are we still talking about my magic?"). I gave an answer like "Of course, what else would we be taking about?" and that made her angry.

Having never done the romance before I hoped that it was just a case of moving on and she'd come around, but now, more than 6 hours on, I worked out how to enable the console and her romance flag is set to -1. :(

Sorry for the wall of text - my question boils down to can the romance be reset in any way using the console when it reaches -1? I've successfully set it to 2 using the command but nothing triggers even after more than 7 in-game days.

I apologise for all the text, and if there is a more suitable place for the question, please let me know - it's not a bug, I just messed up! I appreciate any responses. :)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello, @Zirak‌ and welcome to the forum!

For this particular problem try C:SetGlobal("NEERAROMANCE","GLOBAL","1") and then C:AdvanceRealTime(999999)
  • ZirakZirak Member Posts: 3
    Hey,

Thank you for the reply! And the welcome. :D

I've tried your suggestion, and unfortunately it didn't work. :( I'm guessing there's no way around - I'll try resetting her romance to 0, removing her from the party, adding her, changing it and then advancing the time again to see if that makes a difference.

Still, thank you. :)
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Well removing her from the party cancels the romance, so that won't help. That's how you break up with them. I wouldn't worry about the romance that much though. They're very short in bg1, and nothing really happens. I didn't know that that option even ended the romance. She gets angry a lot, but I think she usually comes back. Huh.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @bengoshi The BG1:EE romances are not triggered by real time advancement. They are triggered by in game time advancement.

I will see if I can find the proper console commands...
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Ok. That is actually the last of her romance dialogs so I am going to give you the codes to trigger it again. There are two variables you need to change. The first one you simply enter into the console:
    C:SetGlobal("NEERA_ROMANCE","GLOBAL",2)
    The second code is a bit more tricky as YOUR CURSOR MUST BE OVER NEERA WHEN YOU ENTER IT (either her portrait or her circle will do) or it will not work:
    C:SetGlobal("ROMANCE_PT3","LOCALS",1)
    After doing both these codes you should just have to rest and she will start the conversation again.
    elminsterJuliusBorisovCrevsDaaklolien