Skip to content

IWD NPC v5 for IWD:EE is now available!

kulyokkulyok Member Posts: 33
I've finally uploaded the mod on the official site: http://www.pocketplane.net/iwdnpc , and the mod now features correct, IWD:EE-sized portraits.

The readme should have all the necessary information:
http://mods.pocketplane.net/kulyok/Readme-IWDNPC.txt

But let me tell you what to expect, just in case:

- five companions, three male, two female;
- alternate classes available to pick a more balanced party(check the readme);
- two male and two female romances for human, elven and half-elven protagonists;
- lots of banter in every area, including interparty banter and dialogues with the protagonist;
- player-initiated dialogue(and plenty of it for romance interests - 15 extra conversations for each romance interest, if I remember correctly);
- interjections in IWD, HoW and TotL;
- I recommend to visit HoW after Chapter 3 or Chapter 4, but feel free to pick your own pace.

Enjoy!
AstroBryGuyHudzyJuliusBorisovelminsterhook71booinyoureyesRavenslightGodKaiserHellOxvaKerthalJamesmlneveserockwandQuitchStradlinThrasymachusSCARY_WIZARDOxford_GuyCrevsDaakKidCarnivalRaistlin82laptopman666bob_vengT2avThacoBellBorrroMirandelSirielleStummvonBordwehrleeuxFina92Timbo0o0o0xiaoleiwen

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thanks for this. Special thanks for the variety - everyone can make a party that will suit his or her tastes (woo-hoo for having a bard, a druid and an undead hunter in an IWD party!)

Holvir, paladin
    alternate class: cavalier, inquisitor, undead hunter
    Korin, ranger
    alternate class: archer, beast master, stalker,
    multiclass cleric/ranger
    Nella, fighter, possible dual-class - cleric, druid
    alternate class: berserker, kensai, wizard slayer, monk,
    multiclass fighter/cleric, multiclass fighter/druid
    Severn, bard
    alternate class: blade, jester, skald, mage, sorcerer, wild mage,
    multiclass fighter/mage
    Teri, multiclass fighter/thief
    alternate class: thief, assassin, bounty hunter, swashbuckler,
    multiclass mage/thief, multiclass fighter/mage/thief
    GodKaiserHelllaptopman666leeux
  • saoxsaox Member Posts: 104
    Ow...I installed this and tried/failed to install the Duskblade and Wizard Slayer mod and I see the characters in the Inn, but they only say things like "invalid 4095". What should I do ?Which order should I install the mods ?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Kulyok rules. This mod is fun and definitely worth at least one play through!

Savern is an absolute legend
    JuliusBorisovHudzy
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @subtledoctor‌ because PC's rule!
    And we shouldn't support sects like Apple. They're dangerous ;)
    kensaiWandering_MinstrelThacoBellleeux
  • kulyokkulyok Member Posts: 33
    edited November 2014
    Hi! Good news: I've been promised a Mac version by Mac-knowledgeable guys, so we might have one soon enough. I understand there's a way to install the current Windows version through Wine right now, but I'm no expert, alas.

I think IWD NPC can be installed soon after the fixpack-related mods(because those tend to overwrite files as a rule), and you can comfortably install it nearly anywhere in your install. As for the bug reports and questions, there's the mod's official forum here:
    http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/board,89.0.html

I must say this, though: if you're not seeing the dialogue at all, it doesn't sound like a mistake in your installation order, it seems like you've installed the mod for the wrong language, so I'd check that. (And check that the mod's using Weidu 237 - in Setup-IWDNPC.exe it does, but anything could happen).
    elminsterStradlinTimbo0o0o0
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @subtledoctor‌ - I just sent @kulyok the Mac-friendly version of IWDNPC. :-)
    elminsterKerthaljackjack
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminsterKerthal
  • ReifReif Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2014
    Hello!

I've got a question. Is it okay if I install the newer version over the older version of the mod? Will all of the banters trigger correctly then? I've just finished the first act and I don't want to start over. BTW, great mod I like it a lot, it's my first playthrough with this modification and so far I'm blown away :-).
  • OxvaOxva Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 80
    You should be able to do it without problems. :)
  • skaterfezzskaterfezz Member Posts: 43
    Are there any plans for a new version with romance options for all races?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    kulyok said:

And I've just uploaded it, huge thanks to you! Starting today, IWD NPC mod now has an OSX version!

Get it from http://www.pocketplane.net/iwdnpc , and enjoy the ride!

All credit goes to AstroBryGuy.

I just tried to get it (for macs) and the mirror link sent me here

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/

Is it supposed to do that?
    The link has one too many underscores.

Try this:

http://mods.pocketplane.net/kulyok/IWDNPC_OSX_v5.zip
    JuliusBorisovelminstermlnevesejackjack
  • TimboTimbo Member Posts: 2
    I'm probably being a bit dense but I cannot seem to get the OSX version to install. I've tried running it in the IWD EE files in Documents and in Applications; anyone know what I could be doing wrong?
    @Timbo‌ - The location to install the mod is located inside the app package. The location depends on where you downloaded from: Beamdog, App Store, Steam, or GOG.

I wrote a guide for BGEE here, but the general ideas apply to IWDEE.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31155/the-hitchhikers-guide-to-installing-mods-on-osx/p1
    TimbojackjackStradlin
  • TimboTimbo Member Posts: 2
    @AstroBryGuy Thank you so much, got it up and running. You're the best!
    AstroBryGuyjackjack
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    edited January 2015
    @kulyok
    Thank you very much for your work. I really liked your writing through BGNPCs. Once I look into IWD:EE, I won't even consider doing it without IWDNPCs.

Post edited by Stradlin on
    edited January 2015
    Hmm I actually can't seem to figure how to run/operate this.
    After downloading and running IWDNPC_v5, I install the mod to my game directory. If I try to run Setup-IWDNPC on game directory, I get the message saying I am not in valid game directory. The two folders that got added by running IWDNPC_v5 come with executables named oggdec. This I can't seem to run at all. Readme file seems outdated and confusing and speaks of BG2 compatibility and heeeelp

...Could somebody provide step by step instructions as to how to install this.
    I'm using Windows7.
    IDW:EE itself seems to work just fine.
    My IWD:EE is the version straight off from Beamdog.

Post edited by Stradlin on
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    edited January 2015
    I'd just like to say that this is a great mod, and it makes playing IWD much more interesting and fun! Thanks @kulyok‌! Your work is appreciated.
    Post edited by Thrasymachus on
    @Thrasymachus‌
    Do you use Windows7?
    If so, please tell me how you installed the mod.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    @Stradlin‌
    Sorry, I use a mac. (Installing it was no different from any other mod, as far as I could tell.)
  • KasmoKasmo Member Posts: 22
    edited January 2015
    Brillant Mod, I'd like to say thank you to the Creators of this Mod. It really brings the Baldur's Gate Feeling to the Game. Without the Mod, i woud have never played the Game.

Is there any chance that IWD II:EE will get the same Treatment?

Greetings from Germany
    @kasmo - There already is a NPC mod for IWD2.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/iwd2npc/
    booinyoureyes
  • KasmoKasmo Member Posts: 22
    Lets hope this Mod will also work with the ID II Enhanced Edition. Probably needs an update.

This Mod Team got Beta Acc. to ID EE, thats the main reason it was ready so quickly after Release.

• Frank the tankFrank the tank Member Posts: 8
    Just wanting to sing the praises of this mod. I used it for one of my many IWD runs some years ago, before EE was a thing. When I learned that EE had been made (and of course, snapped it up) the first mod I came looking for was this one.

Teri is so adorable it hurts me.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited January 2015
    Could somebody please provide detailed, clear instructions how to install this mod on Windows 7?
    I just can't get it to work. (msg posted on january 11th for details)
    @Frank The Tank,
    Did you play WoW on Stormreaver?
    Stradlin said:

Hmm I actually can't seem to figure how to run/operate this.
    After downloading and running IWDNPC_v5, I install the mod to my game directory. If I try to run Setup-IWDNPC on game directory, I get the message saying I am not in valid game directory. The two folders that got added by running IWDNPC_v5 come with executables named oggdec. This I can't seem to run at all. Readme file seems outdated and confusing and speaks of BG2 compatibility and heeeelp

Does the directory you are installing to contain the CHITIN.KEY file?

If you bought the game from Beamdog, I think the directory should be C:\Program Files\Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition\Data\00799. I'm on a Mac, so I can't verify the Windows directory, but it should be something like that.

Extract the IWDNPC archive to that directory and then run setup-IWDNPC.exe
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Where do you find these characters?