Skip to content

How to install custom soundsets the easy way; custom soundsets included. Now with subtitles!

2»

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    This thread should be stickied. I'm quite used to throwing together sound sets, but I figured I'd check if maybe they were different in ID:EE just to be safe. Apparently they are, pretty sure # hasn't been used before for instance, so thanks for the naming convention list thingie.
    JuliusBorisovCluas
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    Hey, everyone! I took a break from the forums do to real-life and other games (Wasteland 2 is awesome, btw), but I just wanted to post that I've slightly redone the Diablo 1 set, the big change being that I used Smeagolheart's Awesome Soundset mod shell...which is truely awesome! Some of the subtitles may be a bit different - I basically listened and wrote them down from scratch all over again - but outside of that and changes to the soundfile names, it's mostly the same.

Mainly, I just wanted to say how great the Awesome Soundset mod shell is and advise anyone who wants to add a lot of soundsets to their game to try it out. It's not as quick as simply dropping wav files to your game's sound folder, but if you have a lot of soundsets and want to install them all at once via WeiDu to ease mod compatibility, it's your best bet.

So feel free to go to the Awesome Soundset thread and download the new files: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/38319/mods-awesome-soundsets-mods-master-thread-custom-soundsets-for-bgee-bg2ee-and-iwdee/p3. Hope you enjoy 'em!
    JuliusBorisovCluasT2av
  • Dang3r_Ah3adDang3r_Ah3ad Member Posts: 4
    Hey Swifty. Thanks for the IWD EE soundsets. One issue I encountered is this: The override file did something strange to certain game files. When choosing weapon proficiencies, some areas were changed (two-handed sword became Greatsword) and new areas we're created "..." with absolutely no description. Is there perhaps an updated .2da file for the 1.4.0 version?
    JuliusBorisov
  • Dang3r_Ah3adDang3r_Ah3ad Member Posts: 4
    Update: the only way in fact to fix this problem was to reinstall, even after I removed your files from the folder. I'm almost certain it was the override file you introduced (my build didn't have that folder so I added it as you suggested). Let me know if there's an updated version - no rush of course. I'm still using the soundsets you created (only ones online calibrated for IWDEE) and I'm very thankful, but would love to get the subtitles to work too.
  • grogersongrogerson Member Posts: 116
    @Swifty_Magee - Thanks for the thread. Found it yesterday looking for IWD2 soundsets for IWDEE. Your listing in the opening is most helpful.

@smeagolheart - Thanks for the link to your soundsets vol 2. You just took a load of work from me. And I now have a template to work from if I decide to create my own soundsets. "The best way to learn WeiDU is to read WeiDU" is what got me through creating BG1 Tweaks...
    smeagolheartT2avSwifty_Magee
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @grogerson if you create some soundsets and want to share them with the forums here, I can post links here.
    JuliusBorisovT2av
    edited March 2016
    @Dang3r_Ah3ad, sorry for the super late response, but I've pretty much left this thread to just be a quick reference for anyone needing info on how to create custom sound files the old way. The old way involves creating string data that may override and come into conflict with core game files, which it unfortunately seems like was the case for you.

I'm sure you either fixed the issue or moved on, but if you still want to use custom soundsets, the best and easiest way is to use smeagolheart's soundset mod shell, which I mentioned earlier. The thread to download the shell and other soundsets is here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/38319/mods-awesome-soundsets-mods-master-thread-custom-soundsets-for-bgee-bg2ee-and-iwdee/p1.

I'll be uploading any further soundsets I make to that thread, so if you're interested, consider bookmarking it. For a while now I've already had a soundset mod there, which includes sound files and subtitles from games like the first two Diablo games, Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines, Shogun: Total War, and others. The direct Dropbox link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibnv7c55x6zwmb1/Swifty Magee's Soundsets v1.5.zip?dl=0. I update it every now and then, the latest update being earlier today. Hope you enjoy it if you give it a try!

Also, I mentioned this in a few threads, but if you want some custom portraits for your IWDEE characters ("some" meaning over 2000 pics!), try out a portrait pack I made late last year: https://www.dropbox.com/s/45sjetwpn5pjwsh/IWDEE Portrait Pack 12-10-15.zip?dl=0. I tried to have the portraits cover a wide distance of characters. Some of the portraits are of creatures that aren't naturally featured in the game, but I thought they looked cool so what the hell! All pictures were found using Google Image searches and the rights of the pictures belong to their respective owners. Since they were found using Internet searches, image quality may vary.

UPDATE (March 5, 2016): Updated the portrait pack I mentioned in the previous paragraph. New link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/500snxyr98cj4zg/IWDEE Portrait Pack 3-05-2016.7z?dl=0
    Post edited by Swifty_Magee on
    JuliusBorisov
  • AlrighterBabberAlrighterBabber Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2016
    Hi folks,

Swifty has been helping me out on the Steam forums trying to get a bunch of Xena sounds working, and I've managed to them working with the exception of the Ares subtitles. I'm not sure where I've gone wrong, but I've included it in the .rar file regardless. If you find where I've gone wrong and let me know I'll reupload it with the corrections.

A massive thanks to Swifty for all the help!

Uploading the full Soundsset folder as requested by Swifty
    Post edited by AlrighterBabber on
    Swifty_Magee
    @AlrighterBabber , I've typed this out in the Steam thread, but from now on we're going to post our findings in the Awesome Soundset thread (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/38319/mods-awesome-soundsets-mods-master-thread-custom-soundsets-for-bgee-bg2ee-and-iwdee/p1), as we're trying to get your soundsets to play using that mod.

While I created this thread a couple years back, it's mainly just up for reference now, as Smeagolheart's Awesome Soundset mod does the job way better than the method I described on the first post.
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    Sorry for the necro but THANK YOU for this information. I love customizing.

If you’re wanting to inject some puerile comedy into your play through, I highly recommend creating sound sets from your favorite farting preacher videos. It’s absolutely spectacular.

My GF and I used these two sources to voice our male Paladin and female Cleric/Fighter:

Who would have thought that dying could make us laugh!?!

I also made her a Dobby sound set since she loves Harry Potter.
  • MishraSpieltMishraSpielt Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2020
    Hey everyone :)
    I'm currently working on individual voice packs (or rather - friends of mine do that) for a series of "Let's Play Baldur's Gate 2" videos. I've just finished Baldur's Gate as an LP, but BG2 has more options available.
    The list in the starter is not complete, though, I believe.
    For example, there's a line (1) for critical miss and one (z) for critical hit. Another one (p) will be randomly triggered by standing around for a while, but is most likely not the "bored" one (NPCs do have a "bored" and another line if nothing happens for a while - since I so far didn't leave Irenicus' dungeon with the test of this, it might be the "in dungeon"-line?). Also there's one more line (3) if you try to give an item to the character, but the inventory is full. Also, "0" seems to be another "Selected Party Member"-response rather than a Confirmation. On the other hand, I tried really hard, but couldn't get the "_"- or "#"-responses to trigger.
    I highly believe that in the missing numbers and letters might be the responses to nightfall/nighttime, sunrise/daytime, being in a city, being in the woods, being in a dungeon (see above) - and perhaps some others that I just don't know of? At least those examples were present as voice lines in BG1EE. In addition, I managed to get a response "6", but have no idea what triggered it...might have been a spell failure though.

Can anyone help me on that one? Because I really want to use a voice line set as full as possible :)
    Thank you all in advance.
    Post edited by MishraSpielt on