Skip to content

Super Secret Item Recently Discovered: "PLAT99"!

WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
I was being an 'Indiana Jones' a year or so ago and I was trying to input all of the Item Spawn Combinations.
[And] I found this Platemail Armour that is Incredibly useful for casters.
It turns from a 'Girdle Icon' Chest piece that has no class restrictions [No Bonuses either (That I know of)].
Then BAM! [not the file type (on second thought, That too:-P *wink*)], Go into your 'Use Item' 'screen' / 'thing' and you can click the 'Chest Girdle' and it turns into Platemail [+0 :-P] [Although one cannot cast spells with it on, and if one takes it off with no natural heavy armour proficiency; one will not be able to re-equip it.]
One Can (while wearing the 'Platemail') turn it 'back' into the 'Chest Girdle'.

Thus if you are a caster or any combination of caster that cannot wear heavy armour or cannot cast spells while hearing heavy armour, then that makes this is one of he most useful Items around.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

READ THIS IF YOU HAVE NO PATIENCE! [NOWOWNOWNWOWNOW !!!11!!!111!!!!]

How to Use: Platemail +0 ['of 1980's Rock and Roll Amnesia'].
[-Spawn it in game (with Good old CLUAConsole... [Or what ever you kids use these days]) for I cannot find where it is in game if at all (Unlike the 'Vanilla' Spear 'Back Biter' +3 = Fire Wine Bridge: Bard)].
-Equip the 'Chest Girdle' [of 1980's Rock and Roll].
-Open the 'Use Item' er, 'window' (for lack of a better term) and click the 'Chest Girdle' [of 1980's Rock and Roll].
-Bam! You got Platemail! (Even ['Optimist'] Xan can pretend to be a Fighter more than ever Now!)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[How to Abuse: :)
-'Roll a' Mage / Caster combination or maybe even a bard [For Super Powers! ('PWNage')].
-Spawn 'Chest Girdle' [of 1980's Rock and Roll Amnesia].
-Find a 'Hard Enemy'
-Cast Spells. [Haste, Fireball, Fireball, Fireball, Fireball, Invisibility, *Run Away + Platemail* *'Chest Girdle, Magic Missile x9 or Just 'Wand of Stunning' + Wand of Monster Summoning 'Vendor Topping' = Win] ]

[My] "Plat99" 'Article' on Baldur's Gate Wiki Link: http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/"Plat99"
(I think that I am the [edit:] one of a few [to my knowledge] that has posted this / these Item(s) on the internet[s].)

So, also 'Indiana Jones' Found some more 'stuff' in Vanilla Baldur's Gate that could be 'Restored' into actual in game 'new' items (for the 'honest folk' / actually work :-P).

[There is also a 'Scrapped' Throwing Spear / Javelin that works like a throwing axe (presumably), but it crashes the game: "SPER99"? (Spear Abbreviation Combination)]
[Also there is a Shield that looks like a Small Shield +1 that probably has unknown Qualities.. "SHLD99"]
[Also One Handed Sword 99.. Yeah just avoid that if you don't like mighty powerful stron[k]g weapons..]
[Also there is an Item that is XXXX98 But I cannot remember what the XXXX is currently]
+There is the infamous Lol Stone of Luck [+1]..

Edit:!
I found "PLAT99" on the internet!
http://en.beregost.com/iwd/objets/MISC99-plate_mail_armor.htm
Post edited by WithinAmnesia on

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    No idea what you are talking about, but it sounds super cool !!
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    Pibaro said:

No idea what you are talking about, but it sounds super cool !!

You are not much a reader? Yes maybe no? Here you Go!
    http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/"Plat99"
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Lol ok, now I got it.
    I'm still confused about the [of 1980's Rock and Roll] thing, but maybe it's just part of the name.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Yes, yes, indeed.
    edited November 2014
    Pibaro said:

Lol ok, now I got it.
    I'm still confused about the [of 1980's Rock and Roll] thing, but maybe it's just part of the name.

I did the 'Rock and Roll' thing in hopes to give it a name.
    It just has recycled 'in use' descriptions and I though that was kind of boring.
    So I nick named it, for I thought that wearing it was very much almost like being a secret undercover 1980's barbarian rock star:

-One moment you are 'Joe Average' with your 1980's-esk barbarian 'chest girdle' [able to cast magic] and the next moment you are 'Sir. Rock-your-face' with Platemail Armour of Armour Class 3 [With Armour Modifiers (go suck on that magic robes)]!
    [One can Wear it even if one cannot wear ANY heavy armour, and it also stacks with a ring of protection +2 (for it does not count as a magical item) so you essentially have a Magic Casting suit of Platemail Armour +2 with an extra +2 saving throws usable by any class at the cost of a chest and ring slot. (If a Mage: Pair The Ring of Wizardry with a Ring of Protection +2 for the Best Results!)]
    I would say that this suit of Armour is pretty *shades* Rocking.
    (What do you 'rocking' guys think?)
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Ston'd.
    Nimran said:

Ston'd.

I like the way you think!
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited November 2014
    Did you find these by just entering as many item codes into the CLUAConsolse as possible? If so, there's this thing called Near Infinity that would have made things a lot easier.

For example, using Near Infinity you can see that SHLD99 is actually the same as a normal small shield.
    edited December 2014
    TJ_Hooker said:

Did you find these by just entering as many item codes into the CLUAConsolse as possible? If so, there's this thing called Near Infinity that would have made things a lot easier.

For example, using Near Infinity you can see that SHLD99 is actually the same as a normal small shield.

I did both use near infinity and sword coast keeper and plus random 'tom goofin'.. I just .. You see I have a weird memory.

Edit: I tried to re create how I once created items back in the day but I failed some years ago.. UHG how do people have an 'easy time' with life! It is Hard-Balls!

edited December 2014
    TJ_Hooker said:

"For example, using Near Infinity you can see that SHLD99 is actually the same as a normal small shield."
    Nope, I'm looking at SHLD01 and SHLD99
    SHLD99 Differences:
    SHLD99 is flagged as cannot be dropped and is not displayable.
    SHLD99 body/trim colour is 67 (SHLD01 is 28)
    SHLD99 hub colour is 67 (SHLD01 is 30)
    -SHLD01 has the same BAM icons / files.
  • 314314 Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2014
    super cool) Tiax need this one!
    314 said:

super cool) Tiax need this one!

Osprey Fighter / Mage Modification could work well..
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37733/the-secret-npcs-you-never-considered#latest