Skip to content

How to make Summon Wyvern spell more useful?

Hey guys, I've always thought that Wyvern summoning was really cool, but unfortunately these reptiles are quite weak for a 6th level spell.

They're 7 hd monsters, with about 60 hit points, na average thac0 and low atributes, with a poisonous sting. In pnp, at least, they would fly and do stuff that you can't do on Earth.

I don't like exaggerating, though . So the only thing I did so far was changing their atributes to its 3E version (str 22, con 19...) . At least now it can hurt a bit more.

Are there any other summons that you would do a balancing upgrade? Or is there anything you'd also change on wyverns?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    yeah, especially the elemental summoning spells for sixth level, they just rock all the other level 6 summons, carrion summons, invisible stalker, and wyvern call don't stand a chance
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Maybe make it summon a Greater Wyvern instead of a regular one?
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Tresset said:

Maybe make it summon a Greater Wyvern instead of a regular one?

I did that , too - changing it from 7 hd to 10 hd, and changing its thac0 from 13 to 10.
    Now, at least, it can fight against most opponents you'd face at around level 12.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Sounds solid. Any chance you could post the file somewhere? I do like that spell, especially if you cast Haste on them, but a buff would be nice.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I too would be interested in this.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

Sounds solid. Any chance you could post the file somewhere? I do like that spell, especially if you cast Haste on them, but a buff would be nice.

Nimran said:

I too would be interested in this.

Here you go, just download it and place it in your override folder.

http://www.4shared.com/file/chIYiaB0ba/WYVERNSU.html
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited November 2014
    wyvern summon is epic.

5 poison dmg per second with a save malus (-4 i think). that's the most powerful poison in the game.

do what elminster says and profit.

edit: make it more useful by buffing the wyvern. simple as that.