Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

We need your feedback on the new forum text editor switch.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Would you buy Icewind Dale II: Enhanced Edition?

1111213141517»

Comments

• Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 584
    I would totally play the shit out of this game

I'm still waiting for folks - without going on a nonsensical rant - to tell me what SJW-bullshit was in SoD. There was one NPC, that you can avoid/ignore, who claimed to be transgender. Meh. Who cares?

Why stop there? People could safely ignore the entire expansion all together... and loose out on exactly squat.

• rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,575
    Yulaw9460 said:

I'm still waiting for folks - without going on a nonsensical rant - to tell me what SJW-bullshit was in SoD. There was one NPC, that you can avoid/ignore, who claimed to be transgender. Meh. Who cares?

Why stop there? People could safely ignore the entire expansion all together... and loose out on exactly squat.
    Nah, it was a good game, actually.

Actually? As in a "fact"? Wow, really, that's... yeah. Sure.

I'll grant you that the whole transgendered and SJW debate was blown way out of proportion. That part of it was so utterly marginal, bland and uninteresting, that any sane person wouldn't even shrug, but move on.

Which was kinda the defining feature of SoD in general. Any Beamdog-made expansion to a, say, theoretical IWD2:EE (or IWD:EE, for that matter, if they ever get it together and publish something new for IWD:EE, which IMO is long overdue) would have to be everything SoD was not.

So sayeth the wise Credit Card. And that one doesn't lie.

I'll give it a try sometime, sport.

And regarding SoDs bridging gaps succesfully, that's conjectural at best.

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 3,179
    Meh, probably not...
    I like to say that SoD is not a bridge, but a dock.

It is a nice game, undoubtedly better than ToB (ToSC stays above only due to Durlag's Tower IMHO), but with a very poor plot.

Nice quests, nice items, nice NPCs, but SoD's narrative is painful.

Mirandel