Skip to content

#10205 [All] Effects from Polymorph Self should not persist after the shapechange is ended.

boxmanboxman Member Posts: 19
edited January 2015 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
This may not be a bug, but it seems too overpowered to not be. The wizards polymorph spell which gives access to multiple forms (including druid's list) for some reason applies a constant Haste spell. This makes forms such as the polar bear extremely powerful because of the added attacks and the movement speed. I don't remember this spell being like this in Baldur's gate or the original icewind dale.

Steps to reproduce: cast polymorph self.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• boxmanboxman Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2014
    the spell's description does not mention Haste at all.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @boxman: Does it do this regardless of the form you select during Polymorph?

Also what OS/System/Distribution Method are you playing this on?
  • boxmanboxman Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2014
    I am on Nexus 10 Android 5 and this happened while I was on Android 4 as well. It happens regardless of the form I select and I've tested it with different characters that are different races, etc. Also I should note that the Haste effect is only active while polymorphed into a special form. If you switch back to the basic race of your character it is removed. If you switch back to another form, it is back.

For other classes with polymorph abilities I have not seen this behavior. Druid's shapechange does not apply haste. I haven't tested with the level 9 Shapechange because I haven't found it yet.
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    Can reproduce with Polymorph self. The haste effect is applied only while you are in the different forms.

Explanation:
    The different PLYxxx.itm weapons have an unnecessary haste effect (opcode 16) under the equipped effects list.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Gate70 @Troodon80: I think that's probably enough to identify. I can repro this if either of you want me to but given the opcode identified by @Galactygon‌, I think it's pretty clear this is either a bug or a feature of polymorph (and not likely a feature. :) ).