Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition 1.3 Beta Now Open

124»

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    bengoshi said:

Dee said:

@Nonnahswriter‌
    Yep, we have this issue fixed internally. It'll be in the next update, if we have one before the patch is released.

What will happen if the patch is released without an update? Should we expect a quick patch 1.3 volume 2 after it?

That's referring to an update to the beta, not an update to the release build.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    Jalily said:

bengoshi said:

Dee said:

@Nonnahswriter‌
    Yep, we have this issue fixed internally. It'll be in the next update, if we have one before the patch is released.

What will happen if the patch is released without an update? Should we expect a quick patch 1.3 volume 2 after it?

That's referring to an update to the beta, not an update to the release build.
    So, the work based on the feedback and reports on the beta will be integrated into the release build, won't they?
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited December 2014
    :) betas are prerelease previews and tests and are not set in stone, so it can be changed at or before release. its only distributed to users that opt in because its just a test to see what exactly happens. gathering feed back on changes (intended or not) and to make more changes or confirming the ones you have do work as intended before releasing it to everyone is the name of the game. If something catisrophic happens there isnt loss of service to everyone and you can push out changes faster to those in that group who opt in and have little to no public fallout. You never hear about bad betas, only bad launches and patches. (One time nvidia released a driver patch that obviously wasnt tested enough and cause a few consumer's graphics cards to melt before they found out and were able to pull it from the web. Ops...) you also get the benifits of having a 1000 testers playing 1000 different ways instead of say 10... for free. The downside is those testers arent working for you 8 hrs a day and dont have coding or technical writing skills on par with your staff and may never submit feedback.

Its fun for the users in the test trying something new that not everyone else has and it can greatly accelerate you quality control process if you get atleast a handful of quality testers. Its generally a win-win for everyone as long as you can properly interpret the feedback you get and decide whats relevant.
    ive beta tested games, Windows operating systems, and more. Its cool to see "the future"
    Post edited by Cr4zyJ on
  • ScourgeScourge Member Posts: 97
    Items that are identified on the ground are seen as if they weren't from the Quick Loot bar.

Had no time to read if you already fixed this issue in bgII, but this happens even in bg:ee 1.3.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    So, there's a log of the fixes this beta intend to bring?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Lemme give an suggestion then, Priest/thief dual class characters have their thievery button moved to special skills for lack of space, and that's a lot problematic. Throw one of the quickslot items there instead, that would be better.
  • FallenAasimonFallenAasimon Member Posts: 29
    edited December 2014
    You can assign hotkeys for spells and abilities. I only realized this when I was half way through BG1. It takes a while to get used but it's naturally easier once you do. I can seamlessly switch between different characters and classes and perform actions without the need to look at the bar (except when I have to cast an unusual spell which is not hotkeyd)

My current setup:

F1 Inventory F2 Character Screen F3 Map
    F4 Journal F5 Mage Book F6 Priest Scrolls F7 Location
    0 (Num Pad) Quicksave F9 Quickload Enter (Num Pad) Rest
    ~-6 Character Selection (as default, "~" selects all)
    Q Weapon Slot 1 W Weapon Slot 2 E Item Slot 1 R Item Slot 2
    A Group Attack S Group Stop D Spells F Special Abilities G Use Item
    Z Find Traps X Thieving C Stealth V Turn Undead B Bard Song
    T-[ Spells Category 1 (T=Haste, Y=Stoneskin, Etc)
    H-' Spells Category 2
    N-/ Spells Category 3

By arranging the left buttons on the F1-F12 keys, I can eliminate the left interface, making the HUD slightly cleaner.

EDIT: It goes without saying that you don't need to hotkey everything like I do, you could assign only "Thievery" as a workaround for Cleric/Thief, for example.
    Post edited by FallenAasimon on
  • Le_Docteur_QuiLe_Docteur_Qui Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2014

Baulder's Gate 2 EE hasn't been available on Mac for some time now. I made an impulse buy 2 months ago after finishing BG1, only to find it wasn't supported.
    I entered in the beta code, nothing happened.
    Any help?
    edit: I'm on steam

Exact same thing for me! The game launches well, but crashes when I want to start the "campaign"...

Any Help?

This discussion has been closed.