Skip to content

#11130 Keldorn should not be turned by good-aligned clerics

belajbelaj Member Posts: 2
edited January 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Happens on version v1.3.2064
1. Restored the game started with v1.2
2. Start turning undead with Sir Anomen (Lawful Good alignment)
3. Anomen was level 7/15, Keldorn level 12
4. Keldorn gets turned like an undead

Attached screenshot.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,076
    edited December 2014
    I remember the v1.3 manual said something about blackguards being able to be turned, and blackguards are a paladin kit. That's my explanation for why this bug occured, though I may be wrong.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I can't recreate from a new game, @belaj‌ please could you zip and attach your save from version 1.2.
    Thanks
  • belajbelaj Member Posts: 2
    Attached saves from v1.2 (v1.2save.zip) and latest save from v1.3 (v1.3save.zip)
    Thanks. Adding a new Anomen and a new Keldorn shows that the new Anomen doesn't turn either Keldorn but the old Anomen turns both. So looks like the patch is not retro-active for Anomen.

So this should work with a new game, but I can't see an obvious way of correcting it for existing games at this time.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    @Gate70‌ I've experienced the same behavior in my current run which I started with the game already patched to version 1.3.2064.

Both Sir Anomen and Aerie (provided she's high enough level) were able to turn Keldorn with their "Turn Undead" ability. ToB-Save and screenshots attached.

Tagged. I guess my earlier test didn't have enough levels difference to do a good test even though I left it running for a few minutes. Oh well...
    Thanks
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    After Anomen passes the trial and becomes Lawful Good, if I use his Turn Undead ability and Keldorn is in range, Keldorn is turned as if Anomen was an evil priest.

Repro steps:
    1) Start a new game with any character
    2) Spawn both Keldorn and Anomen (C:CreateCreature("anomen10") and keldor10)
    3) Select Anomen and use the console C:SetCUrrentXP("3000000")
    4) Level up Anomen
    5a) Press the Turn Undead button with Keldorn on range -> nothing happens.
    5b) Make Anomen Lawful Good and press Turn Undead with Keldorn on range -> Keldorn is Turned by Priest.

If the saved game is used:
    1) Load game, select Anomen and place Keldorn nearby
    2) Make Anomen Turn Undead.
    3) See how Keldorn runs away like a sissy.

I can only provide an edited save (only to make Anomen LG, items and skeletons spawned with the console, but still doesn't change much since it's an engine issue probably).
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Issue is already reported (its a few posts below yours)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    elminster said:

Issue is already reported (its a few posts below yours)

Oh crap. Then @Gate70‌ just close this thread, thanks.
    Sorry for the dupe.
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    edited January 2015
    Hey, better save than sorry, right? :)

And yeah, it's even easier to test this with Aerie because she's already Lawful Good by default. Just spawn keldor10 and aerie12 (she has enough XP to advance to level 13 cleric), and she'll be able to repel him right there, no additional steps required.
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    NPCs affected too for example Sir Cadril and Lady Irlana (u can meet them near Radiant Heart building (temple district))
  • BearThingBearThing Member Posts: 2
    Came to investigate this after patching and loading an older ToB save. Went into the Prison in Saradush and started popping Vampires with my LG Anomen, then noticed my PC Paladin running around like an idiot. Hope this can be fixed without a new game.
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    edited January 2015
    BearThing said:

Came to investigate this after patching and loading an older ToB save. Went into the Prison in Saradush and started popping Vampires with my LG Anomen, then noticed my PC Paladin running around like an idiot. Hope this can be fixed without a new game.

I think this will be fixed only in new game cos this will be immunity to effect added in .cre files, it will work on npc if u not encountered them before. Or they will fix turning undead ability somehow and all will be ok. I could be wrong of course.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Wait so what games will this be an issue for?
    - games started in 1.3?
    - games started in 1.2 and continued in 1.3?
  • JoshBGJoshBG Member Posts: 91
    Games started in 1.3 are affected as well.
  • howlandhowland Member Posts: 1
    Anomen's impressive ability to detonate undead with his turning ability is one of the reasons he's a good addition. But I just added Keldorn, swung by the Temple Ruins to battle some creatures from the beyond, flipped on Anomen's Turn Undead, and Keldorn went running for the hills.

This was not a bug with classic BG2, and I'm sure this isn't intentional. I've seen people mention this bug, but I haven't seen a solution yet. Can anyone provide one? (Preferably one that doesn't require me to start a new game.)
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited March 2015
    Post edited by Aedan on
  • howlandhowland Member Posts: 1
    I am experiencing this issue as well. Is there a fix for it yet (without having to start a new game)?
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Keldorn is dead to me too.
  • torigastorigas Member Posts: 1
    This is sadly still happening and making groups like that quite hard to do.
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    Yep, Anomen constantly sends Keldorn running away in fear when turning undead (and Keldorn is within range).
    Kinda immersion-killing, as I've always considered Anomen a girl's blouse compared to Keldorn. :smile:
  • baldursgatedadbaldursgatedad Member Posts: 2
    When is the good cleric turning good paladin problem going to be resolved? I use turn undead all the damn time and it's really annoying that I can't have a character wielding Carsomyr at the same time.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @baldursgatedad - the devs are well aware of this bug, so it'll probably be fixed when the next patch comes out. That's due at the same time as the release of SoD.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited December 2015

@baldursgatedad - the devs are well aware of this bug, so it'll probably be fixed when the next patch comes out. That's due at the same time as the release of SoD.

I'm not 100% sure that the BGII:EE patch would also be ready at the same time as SoD, only BG:EE. Perhaps @bengoshi knows.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

I'm not 100% sure that the BGII:EE patch would also be ready at the same time as SoD, only BG:EE. Perhaps @bengoshi knows.

I'm fairly sure that (in the SoD announcement stream) the devs said that they were aiming to patch both BG games with the new features at the same time as the SoD release. But possibly I misheard, and anyway aiming and achieving are obviously not the same, so it might not happen that way.
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    Wow... this is considered a c level bug...?
  • MelchiordMelchiord Member Posts: 4
    Yep. just happened with me. He turned Keldorn AND MY CAVALIER, who's supposed to be immune to fear etc. Was weird to see the Cavalier and Keldorn running around scared. Total bug. Not cool.
  • DarkchanterDarkchanter Member Posts: 13
    This was reported over a year ago, what is happening with it, it's ruining one of my games?
  • DarkchanterDarkchanter Member Posts: 13
    And how did my avatar photo disappear?
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    It's one of the reasons why EE is back on the shelf for me; going back to vanilla BG2 engine for now.