Skip to content

steam christmas sale!

2»

Comments

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    edited January 2015
    I am working through new game + of rogue legacy. Eventually going to start the witcher.
    Post edited by CoryNewb on
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    I just got all three of the Bioshock games. I had to wait until yesterday to download them though as I was reaching my bandwidth limit when I bought them. So I'll have plenty to keep me busy for awhile. I should have been a bit smarter and waited to get Skyrim and XComm, I could probably have saved a lot on those as well, instead of paying full price.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    just dungeon siege 2 and the stronghold collection for me, my laptop isn't great so there's no point buying things that i won't be able to play at uni
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Belanos said:

I should have been a bit smarter and waited to get Skyrim and XComm, I could probably have saved a lot on those as well, instead of paying full price.

Steam Sales kind of spoiled me with that. I do prefer to wait for sale rather than have game at release date =P Though, there are other positive sides to that, namely most of bugs are fixed by time I get the game =D
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I'm tempted to buy Skyrim for 3,74€ (the price is ridiculous for such a massive game), but I think I won't anyway. I know I won't have time to play it any time soon.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    The only other game I bought was Farcry 3. I've actually really enjoyed it so far.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    elminster said:

Wilbur said:

I'm tempted to buy Skyrim for 3,74€ (the price is ridiculous for such a massive game), but I think I won't anyway. I know I won't have time to play it any time soon.

I remember when I first played Skyrim. I don't think I saw the real outside for 2 days :)
    whenever I play skyrim I don't see the real outside for a day. I can't stop playing it... until I stop playing it. happens pretty much every time lol

although I did get on eventually and find a lot of the stuff that bothered me mechanically were fixed, I just don't have the time now. I kind of wish I did, because a lot changed from what I remember for the better that I think I would enjoy it much more mechanically. it still bothers me that all I see is snow everywhere, though. i came into ES with Oblivion, and that has a variety of different environments in the open world. morrowind also has a good variety of environments, although the main thing covering that game is the volcanic environment. you still got swamps, plains, and there is snow in the bloodmoon expansion, however.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I've almost bought south park many times. But i need to beat other games first.... Farewell sale!
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    CoryNewb said:

I've almost bought south park many times. But i need to beat other games first.... Farewell sale!

i know the feeling. tempted to get that bioshock triple pack... but that is 3 games! honestly I don't think pushing myself through those games would lead to as much fun as I can have replaying an RPG, though. if what I keep hearing of the gunplay not being that fun and it just being the story that is good then I would rather not force myself through mediocre gameplay to get the story.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

i know the feeling. tempted to get that bioshock triple pack... but that is 3 games! honestly I don't think pushing myself through those games would lead to as much fun as I can have replaying an RPG, though. if what I keep hearing of the gunplay not being that fun and it just being the story that is good then I would rather not force myself through mediocre gameplay to get the story.

No one's going to force you to wade through all three games at once. As for the gameplay, what has appealed to me the most so far is just the general atmosphere. There's an eeriness about it that tends to keep me on the edge of my seat. Of course I've only gone through a short period of the first one so that may change as I go along, but so far I find it very interesting.

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited January 2015
    the first bioshock has a fantastic atmosphere that holds up through the entire game and the plot twist is iincredible and executed perfectly.