Skip to content

[Dupe 10160] - Rare selection sounds should only play when a character is repeatedly selected

MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
edited December 2014 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
Maybe I click too much, but it seems to me that my IWD party gets way more pissy than they used to. I keep getting their "irritated" banter but really I'm just walking them around, etc. Is there a setting or is this intentional? Anyone else notice this?
Post edited by Troodon80 on
JLeeAureolCalmarjackjack

Comments

• MrGoodkatMrGoodkat Member Posts: 167
    Bug in IWD:EE afaik. Or maybe they changed it intentionally because they thought it was "funny". Anyways, if you switch selection sounds to 'seldom' or whatever the middle option is called that should fix it.
    Shikao
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Melicamp said:

Maybe I click too much, but it seems to me that my IWD party gets way more pissy than they used to. I keep getting their "irritated" banter but really I'm just walking them around, etc. Is there a setting or is this intentional? Anyone else notice this?

Stop this nonsense! Were you born in a field!?
    MelicampCrevsDaakjackjack
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243

Melicamp said:

Stop this nonsense! Were you born in a field!?
    LOL. I'm using that sound set!
    CrevsDaak
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Uh, I don't know why your party is a bunch of hamburgers. Sorry.
    ShikaoCrevsDaak
    edited December 2014

Does that make the thieves amongst them, Hamburglars?
    JLeeCrevsDaak
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Maybe you should click less and count on AI/scripts more ;)

That's exactly how I read the title first time... maybe I should go eat breakfast.
    MelicampCrevsDaak
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    It's a bug
    Melicampjackjack
    edited December 2014
    Cluas said:

It's a bug

I wonder if its been reported? Ah well, hopefully a mod sees it.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I'll tag @Gate70‌ for his attention. I'm not sure if anyone else has reported this.

If you can upload a save file, it will probably help them identify the problem.
    HaHaCharadeMelicamp
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    I'm having the same issue. Not sure a save file would be helpful considering its pretty much for any game across the board... Just march around with some characters for awhile and you'll see it lol.
    BelgarathMTH
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited December 2014
    It's been brought up before, but I'm not sure if anyone has made an official bug report.

It irritates me so much, I've turned off selection sounds completely as a workaround.

EDIT: I went ahead and checked. It's been reported.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36231/10160-all-rare-selection-sounds-should-only-play-when-a-character-is-repeatedly-selected#latest
    MelicampCrevsDaakJLeejackjack
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited December 2014
    This has been tagged as bug #10160, and moved to the bug forum. Edit: and closed due to being a duplicate.

The so-called 'rare' selection sounds are supposed to occur, but only if you select the character repeatedly without issuing any other commands (e.g. movement) to the character in-between selecting the character.
    MelicampCluas
This discussion has been closed.