Skip to content

How do I unsubscribe from a thread!

supposedlysupposedly Member Posts: 206
I am getting way too many updates from a certain thread :)
I don't see a way. There is a "bookmark" icon in the upper right but it seems to do nothing when enabled or disabled.

Comments

• supposedlysupposedly Member Posts: 206

I am getting way too many updates from a certain thread :)
    I don't see a way. There is a "bookmark" icon in the upper right but it seems to do nothing when enabled or disabled.

And don't post 1000 comments on this thread lol
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Let me Guess The Certain Thread!

- Commented in Guess The Next Poster! Comment by supposedly December 18.

wubbleJuliusBorisov
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Updates?
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Like these?
    JuliusBorisov
    When I asked for it, I didn't know what I was asking for
    JuliusBorisov
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Don't think there's a way, It's not that big an issue but sometimes I click on a thread in a language I can't read and then check it because it's been updated
    JuliusBorisov
    All my other notifications get drowned out in like 2 hours with 50 notifications from that thread though :)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Click on the Account Options gear in the top-left corner of the screen (under your profile picture). Choose Notification Preferences and uncheck "Notify me when people comment on my discussions" and "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in."
    JuliusBorisovbadbromance
    I just want to do one single thread though :) I like the notifications otherwsie
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited December 2014
    There is an addon for Vanilla Forums for this very requested feature.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/unsubscribediscussion-plugin

"Adds the ability to selectively turn off notifications for individual discussions.

I found that the "Participated" notification preference (Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.) would be ideal, if only you could unsubscribe from these annoying discussions that span over a hundred pages you are getting notified for, just because you commented once."
    JuliusBorisovMetallomanAdsoSolana_Firetear
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited December 2014
    @supposedly‌

See that black star highlighted by the blue circle?

Most probably you have it in gold: that means that that thread is bookmarked and in that case you'll receive notifications for every post added in that thread.

There are two ways to have a tread bookmarked:

1- by posting a new thread, it will be automatically bookmarked;

2- by clicking manually on the star icon.

If you want a thread unbookmarked you just have to click on the golden star: it will become black and the thread will be bookmarked no more, so no more notifies at every post added in there.

You can also manage your bookmarks from here:

you can find that link in the top right corner of the page, under your profile pic.

EDIT: ^ this is what happens if you don't read OP carefully. :grin:

Anyway, if you have "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in." enabled, you can't disable notifications on a single thread you've participated in.

Surely the plug-in suggested by @Sylvus_Moonbow‌ will be useful to you. :smile:
    JuliusBorisov

Surely the plug-in suggested by @Sylvus_Moonbow‌ will be useful to you. :smile:
    Is the plugin for the server or for a single user?
    Looks like it's a server plugin :) oh well

Make it stop!!!
    wubbleJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    supposedly 888 is a fine number!