Skip to content

Your Favorite Spell Sequencer Combos

For minor sequencer, I'm pretty sure the standard is double MMissile, but I may have just found my new favorite for the level 7 sequencer. Double Spider Spawn, Haste. Talk about a pile of hurt; 2-4 Sword Spiders, plus Haste for them and the party. I can't get over how funny this is.

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    I'm really excited to have the various meta fix for my fighter/ Mage/ cleric character in the duo I'm running through HoF in IWDee.

Things that come to mind include DUHM after Polymorph into a sword spider. Heal in a spell trigger for better battlefield healing. Maybe a triple blade barrier chain contingency?
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    Mine is triple skull trap and armor+blur+mirror image
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    I never use Magic Missile X 2, I prefer Invisibility + Mirror Image for pure Mages / Sorcerers or Blur + Mirror Image for F/M or F/M/T. I also use a lot of Web X 2.

One thing to consider is that sequencers cannot be interrupted, like scrolls, which means you can cast them even if you are poisoned so it can be important to save one of them for defense.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I think my favorite is triple animate dead.
  • SorthalSorthal Member Posts: 10
    Ooh, I've got to try the triple Animate Dead - that'd have to be on a Cler/Mage, though. Oh Aerie...

I like the sounds of Stoneskin+Improved Invisibility+Mirror Image for a defensive contigency, maybe swap Stoneskin out if I know I'm going into a caster area.

I guess triple Fireball is too obvious.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited December 2014
    Minor Sequencer: Blur + Mirror Image
    Sequencer: 2x Greater Malison + a debuff, (e.g. Slow), or Chromatic Orb.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    lower resist x3
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Don't like Sequencers personally, but I'm terribly lazy. I suppose some AoE damage bombs work fine with them, lots of clouds or Skull Traps.

And of course there's always the Contingency abuse which essentially turns it into a super-Time Stop allowing you to instantly cast a bunch of spells (casting Contingency is instant even mid-combat, make it trigger on enemy sighted and it goes off as soon as you select the spells).

There's also a few fights especially with SCS where you may want a trigger full of dispels to quickly remove the ten million layers of protection everything seems to have...
    Isn't Lower Resist too high level? Has to be a 4th or lower.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Sorthal said:

Isn't Lower Resist too high level? Has to be a 4th or lower.

Yes but why do you exclude spell trigger (level 8) from the topic ?
    Musigny said:

Yes but why do you exclude spell trigger (level 8) from the topic ?

Because I'm an idiot and forgot about it. Carry on without my foolishness. Although, why not swap one Lower Resist for a Pierce Magic?
    edited December 2014
    Triple chain lightning
    Tensers+IH+Shadow Door
    Heal+Improved Invisibilty+Improved Haste
    Shapechange -> spell trigger (tensers+ righteous magic+IH) -> minor sequencer (DUHM+Armor of Faith)

Some ideas I've had for my HoF FMC .., still searching for more.
    What... what happens if you do a triple Elemental summon? AIR, EARTH, AND FIRE, HEED MY CALL!
    Sorthal said:

What... what happens if you do a triple Elemental summon? AIR, EARTH, AND FIRE, HEED MY CALL!

You get Captain Planet obviously but only if you can find the secret Emotion: Love scroll to hold while you cast it.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Sorthal said:

Well, you'd have to do the "willpower contest" thing for all three elementals.
    If we REALLY want to have some fun, have your Cler/Mage make a Spell Trigger for triple Aerial Servant, or Bolt of Glory if you have Demon/Lich problems.

Would triple Wondrous Recall be worth it?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    jackjack said:

Minor Sequencer: Blur + Mirror Image
    Sequencer: 2x Greater Malison + a debuff, (e.g. Slow), or Chromatic Orb.

Uhh, do greater malisons stack? I don't think so, but then I am not one hundred percent sure.

Fire shield:red+blue plus stoneskin makes anyone meleeing you suffer. A lot. Triple cone of cold is a very damaging trigger, damage is absurdly high when compared to 3x chain lightning. Few can survive such an onslaught unless immune to cold.

One sad bug I realised is when I load three disintegrates on trigger it only allows one save, instead of forcing three saves instantenously. Same for flesh to stone, but disintegrate is my favourite.

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    @lunar‌
    No, it doesn't. My mistake. I was thinking of when I combine it with doom on a Cleric/Mage.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    @jackjack it would have been cool, though, throw three greater malisons to the air and then wail of the banshee for instant win! ^^
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I like these for minor spell sequencer: grease + stinking cloud, and for spell sequencer: spirit armor + strength + improved invisibility (on a backstabber)
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited December 2014
    If you include Invisibility or Improved Invisibility in a defensive sequencer, don't you need to be sure to put it last in the order of fire?

Because if you put it first or second, when the other spells fire they'll cancel the invisibility. I tested this once a long time ago, and my sequenced invisibility did get canceled out when I didn't put it last. I don't know if EE might have changed things, though, or if I did something else wrong, or a mod might have done something.

I think I'd always put it last, just to be safe.

Btw, my favorite so far is 3x Flame Arrow. For a high level caster with at least two arrows per individual cast, it does massive party-safe damage to a single target.
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    Flame Arrow + Acid Arrow + Flame Arrow

Usually instagibs a mage and then prevents them from casting should they survive.
    I wanted to try the shocking grasp trick while polymorphed trick but Shocking Grasp does straight damage in IWDee. Is there an alternate way of removing the weapon in spider form?

I must say, spider form+DUHM is a pretty wicked combo, especially when backed up with courage and bravery.
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    I like web+hold+cloudkill as an open space sequencer.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    bengoshi said:

Infravision + Detect Evil is the best combo ever

Nah Detect Evil + Know Alignment. There is a good combo :)
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    elminster said:

bengoshi said:

Infravision + Detect Evil is the best combo ever

Nah Detect Evil + Know Alignment. There is a good combo :)
    jokes aside, when I role play I use both of those spells quite a lot ... In a sequencer it is really stupid though.