Skip to content

#11115 Viconia should not stop responding after being told a game is being played

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
It's on my knowledge that these 2 only end in fight on ToB. So risked get both to my party. After the abandoned amphiteather part of Rasaad's quest (which i did without provoking a fight), viconia confronted me about the subject.

I'm influencing Rasaad to embrace the twinfold godness, by the way.

Viconia confronted me to put an end in that, and every answer except one ends in either i'm choosing her or Rasaad. However no matter the choice, no one leaves the party in fact (which by itself is a bug, but not the one i'm focusing here).

If i choose some specific answers, i can tell her i'm playing with Rasaad (which isn't truth), and is the only way to continue the quest with viconia.

Ok, then, if i say that she's ok in keep the farce. HOWEVER, she immediately start an annoying walking bug where after 2 or 3 steps she simply stop (if i remember well it's an old bug very know of the old BG2 in fact). I can't play anymore with her that way, so i'm here asking for help.

Following it's attached save from my game, if loaded will immediately prompt the banter where she force you to choose. Also following is my WEIDU log, none of my mods have even the slight remark over Rasaad quest or viconia reaction (and IEbanter mod isn't updated already for the new banters with the new EE characters), but for the sake of doubt, here is it:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.80b3
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions: v4.80b3
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Thief High Level Ability revisions: v4.80b3
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #3 // Proper racial adjustments for thieving skills: v4.80b3
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.80b3
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bard High Level Ability revisions: v4.80b3
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Proper spell progression for Bards: v4.80b3
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #7 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards: v4.80b3
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #8 // Upgradeable Equipment: v4.80b3
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #10 // Revised Thievery -> Retain default thievery potions and prevent their effects from stacking: v4.80b3
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #11 // Chosen of Cyric encounter: v4.80b3
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #12 // Shadow Thief Improvements: v4.80b3
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette: v25
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship: v25
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest: v25
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn: v25
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters: v25
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair: v25
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations": v25
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0: v25
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher: v25
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations: v25
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // NPC Portrait Restorations: v25
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts: v25
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies: v25
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs: v25
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider: v25
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions: v25
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations: v25
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA: V4.2
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB: V4.2
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Imoen "Retrospection" dialogue for BGII: ToB: V4.2
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wake-Up dialogue for Anomen Romance (By David Gaider with additions from Kulyok): V4.2
// Recently Uninstalled: ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // NPC Conflict Revisions: V4.2
// Recently Uninstalled: ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Aerie/Jaheira/Anomen interjection in Underdark: V4.2
// Recently Uninstalled: ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install Banter Accelerator? How much time would you like in between NPC banters in-game? -> 15 Minutes: V4.2
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #4 // NPC Conflict Revisions: V4.2
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Aerie/Jaheira/Anomen interjection in Underdark: V4.2
~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install Banter Accelerator? How much time would you like in between NPC banters in-game? -> 15 Minutes: V4.2
~C#SB_SILBER/SETUP-C#SB_SILBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Adalon's Blood - Modification for BGII by Gandalf the white: 13

If i can fix this, just hope that IEbanter to be updated until i reach ToB. Want to reach the end game with both characters.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Bump. A help here? Someone?
  • TriangleheadTrianglehead Member Posts: 40
    I don't have a solution, but that specific Viconia banter was a problem for me as well. If you can find a way to skip it, you won't encounter the bug. It's worth noting that you can kill Hammerhelm and still influence Rasaad to become leader of the Twofold Truth (at least, I could), which will not provoke Viconia to start the dialogue that leads to the bug.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Try this console command @kamuizin‌
    C:SetGlobal("cd_viccy_oh4000_timer","LOCALS",9999999)

Once the timer expires she'll probably start doing the same again. The last check in her VICONIA.BCS script below looks as though it might repeat.

IF
    OR(9)
    !InParty(Myself)
    !See(Player1)
    StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    !AreaCheck("oh4000")
    !Global("OHR_HAMMER_SPEECH","OH4000",2)
    !Global("OHR_CULT_HOSTILE","GLOBAL",0)
    !CombatCounter(0)
    !Global("cd_viccy_oh4000","LOCALS",1)
    GlobalTimerExpired("cd_viccy_oh4000_timer","LOCALS")
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("cd_viccy_oh4000","LOCALS",99)
    END
    & raised as I think it would happen in the unmodded game as per information from Trianglehead.
    Thanks both
    @Gate70, this solution will make viconia silent for the rest of the game, or will she still have her other banters?

Another question, a spoiled one, will in ToB rasaad still fight viconia, even if i convert her to True Neutral?
    I think she should still banter as the 99 appears to be a conclusion for that plotline only, but haven't checked. I don't know about the TN question.
    ... didn't worked @Gate70, don't know if my save is too near the moment of the banter, but even by killing her and reviving her still the banter appear, the code doesn't stop it. Could i change the variable directly through shadowkeeper?
    As it is a local variable you need to hold the cursor over her as you press ENTER - should have mentioned that bit before. EE Keeper will also work, there is a tab for local variables.

I tried it after the banter, she then moved normally.
  • BretoBreto Member Posts: 20
    @Tresset Thank you for your consent to check my save and correct it.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited February 2015
    @Gate70 A better option than setting the timer to a really high number and hoping it never expires would be to eliminate the timer altogether. This can be done either by deleting it in EEKeeper or by using this console command:
    C:SetGlobal("cd_viccy_oh4000_timer","LOCALS",-1)
    @Breto Here is your save file back.
  • BretoBreto Member Posts: 20
    @Tresset Thank you very much!
  • infactiousdetails1infactiousdetails1 Member Posts: 2
    I was shuffled over here to post my save? Viconia is doing the THING. She refuses to move and it's killing me. She's refusing to work and it's bugging me like crazy considering i like the awful hatemance sort of deal going on.

Sorry, first time here amongst veterans. Help please?
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322

I was shuffled over here to post my save? Viconia is doing the THING. She refuses to move and it's killing me. She's refusing to work and it's bugging me like crazy considering i like the awful hatemance sort of deal going on.

Sorry, first time here amongst veterans. Help please?

Have fun
  • infactiousdetails1infactiousdetails1 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you so so SO MUCH! IT WORKS! HUZZAH!
  • RufusLongfingerRufusLongfinger Member Posts: 1
    I have the exact same problem. Can you please help me? :-)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681