Skip to content

Changing portraits in App Store version with EE Keeper

This is actually what I would like to know. Since there is no portraits folder I created one on several different locations (in the data folder for instance), but EE Keeper can't recognise any of it. Does anyone knows a solution?

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I don't think you can do that with eekeeper.
    What you can do, is to create a "portaits" folder under "library" and it should work directly in your iPad.

If you really need to use eeKeeper for that, I'm sorry, but I don't think eeKeeper can accept that location for editing your portrait, but maybe @Troodon80‌ can help here.
    Is there a way to select a custom folder for portraits?

Now I can't check, but I'll check this evening (or tomorrow morning) if I manage to do that in any way.
  • NebNeb Member Posts: 20
    I am not using an iPad, I'm on a Mac computer. I tried creating a portraits folder in the main-BG-folder (which is in library), but it didn't work. I probably did not catch the right one.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @AstroBryGuy‌ will be the person who knows. I don't deal with the Mac version directly.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited January 2015
    The portraits folder should be in the same folder as the "save" folder.

Mac HD ▸ Users ▸ USERNAME ▸ Library ▸ Containers ▸ com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition ▸ Data ▸ Documents ▸ Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition

where USERNAME is your MacOS "account name" (used as the name of your Home folder).

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice this was asked under BG2EE...

Mac HD ▸ Users ▸ USERNAME ▸ Library ▸ Containers ▸ com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition ▸ Data ▸ Documents ▸ Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition
    This I already tried, but neither ingame under custom portraits nor in EE Keeper are the portraits recognised (folder name is 'portraits', the portraits are .bmp 110x170; 38x60).
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Do your portrait names conform to the guidelines here, http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7461/heres-how-to-use-custom-portraits/p1 ?

· NO spaces.
    · Between 1 and 7 characters (not counting the size letter, see below)
    · End with the letter L, M or S, according to size.

PS - although they should work, those sizes are small for BG2EE. The standard portrait sizes were increased for the EEs.
    Thank you very much for all your help, but I'm done. Since three days I am working on installing and every time something is not working. This time the portraits and the game freezes as soon as I enter the docks and the dialog with the children from the Amber mod is supposed to start. I suppose either these mods are not working on the Mac App Store version or I am seriously incapable of following instructions which leave no room for deviation. So long.