Skip to content

Alaundo's Alehouse I (Part RP, Part OT, Come relax and have fun)

Comments

• rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
    Paladin eh? That would make two of us! I can understand protecting property but why an alehouse? Sentimental value? *knocks back the rum*
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Sentimental, but also in this day and age with Zhents, Sarevok, The Iron Throne, and others running around, having a place of stability, security and safety is a needed place. Also the former Owner was Longstevo who was also a paladin.

OOC: This change occurred when I finally decided to play a new game of Baldur's gate and moved away from my Stalker to a Cavalier.
  • odeeodee Member Posts: 87
    Back again , could I have the Aged Reserve again . looks like the place is filling up , just a few hours ago only me and the barkeep . *glance over the girls , wonder why no takers *
    Slides over another Aged Reserve
    Are you feeding the girls well ? They look uh I don't know , listless .Why don't you get some girls from Targos or any of the ten town , they are more um... Maybe because its cold over there and people will do almost anything to keep warm .
    What girls are you talking about? I'm anything but listless!
    Sigh ... Was talking about the courtesan , as if ... Uh forget it
    Maybe this place will get more lively for you later on - the night is still young...
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    edited August 2012
    Tell me brother, what came first: the drink or the thirst? Pour me a black ale, bitter like myself, and keep the water, salud!
    Post edited by Zafiro on
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    *sips from a glass of Blood Wine as she flips through a dusty tome she acquired from her latest "outing"*
    *gets up from her stool* well, I'm off into the night, thanks for the drinks. I'll be back again to see if kobolds really can dance without my sword sweeping at 'em to encourage them!
  • Callofthebeast34Callofthebeast34 Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2012
    Walks into alehouse looks around for a moment and starts demanding a glass of cutthroat wine and the nicest room available!
    Ready to turn down now , give me a room , any room , see ya in the afternoon . My time .
    Gives a look to the Kobold waiter and the Kobold gets moving bringing a black ale to @Zafiro

@Rodneyandsteptoe Unlike some of our other previous barkeeps and owners, I try not to terrorize the help too much. It led them to a revolt once and a complete mess of the interior. Do you know how hard it is to find an archmage capable of casting the Mass Clean spell. Most of them have silly things like Time Stop and Improved Alacrity and Dragon's Breath memorized. Those aren't useful at all when all I want is a cleaned and repaired alehouse. *sighs* Wizards *shakes head*
    Gives odee a key to the stables and charges him the price of a royal room

Enjoy your snoozing
    @Dragonspear oh for an apprentice Mage with some cantrips! *smiles*
    edited August 2012
    Gives a stern look to @Callofthebeast34

I'll give ya your wine and a room but you'll ask nicely first. We don't take kindly to demands here. It tends to get.....messy.

Looks over at the old drow elven ranger at the Veterans table with the cowl of his cloak barely covering his head
  • WinterstormWinterstorm Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2012
    *the door to the tavern opens with a creak, the sound and smell of the first drops of rain entering the tavern. A thin man in a worn and damp overcoat steps through the door, the coat concealing the majority of what looks to be more colorful clothing underneath. He cautously makes his way to the bar, gripping a lute in his right hand, wiping droplets out of his well-trimmed goatee with his left*

"Evenin' Ma'am. Id like to purchase some Mead, and a warm meal if ye have any available."

*glimpses at the man making demands, quickly looking back at the barkeep to avoid eye contact*

(A side question for @Dragonspear, which town/area is the tavern located? Dont want to stuff my geography up :p)
    Post edited by Winterstorm on
    Looks @Dragonspear fine.. may I please have the finest room you can offer I've had a long day.. *looks at elven ranger and becomes offended starts to mourn over fallen brother and asks dragonspear what happened and if he's racist against elves*
    @Winterstorm We've never really determined a location. All I can tell you is that its located in the middle of a forested area, frequent dragon flyovers, and snow outside in the winter time. We never worked a particular place out that it was at.

Slides a Cutthroat Wine to @Callofthebeast34 and the key to a royal room

Also I have nothing against elf. That elf is my first character through BG and BG2. He was a CG Drow Stalker (Ranger) who duel wielded Katanas and Longswords. Since I was in the alehouse for so long the original creator of the topics named me the bouncer of the Alehouse.
    edited August 2012
    (thanks for the update)

"Ma'am, i believe you've not served me yet. Despite the weather outside, im rather parched and famished"
    Slides over some plain Mead and a hot bowl of dragon stew to @Winterstorm
    Ahh I see *takes key and looks @Winterstorm and waves and sits next too and starts up a conversation*
    edited August 2012
    Duplicate post
    edited August 2012
    "Thank you Ma'am"

*pulls out a large coinpurse, paying or the meal and drink, plus placing an additional 20g on the table.*

"Greetings @callofthebeast34 . How do you come to be at this establishment?"

Gives odee a key to the stables and charges him the price of a royal room

Enjoy your snoozing

Slept longer than I thought , must be pretty tired . The stable again ? Well, doesn't matter , with my bag of holding and my faithful imp who likes to hide in it , I can be anywhere and still be very confortable . Sometime I wonder why I bother , maybe just the need to socialize . Hmm... Is the proprietor really a former paladin ? Charging me royal room for the stable , paladin don't do that , do they ? Lucky that nowadays I am very amiable and good natured , if not ~ fireball , followed by stinking cloud ~ ahhh the good old days .

* anyway , did they serve "late breakfast" here ?
    "Hello @Winterstorm it's a long story me and my buddy buttocks was raided by bandits one shot me in the butt. They killed buttocks! So I ran for miles and came upon this establishment" *takes a sip and puts head down on table*
  • cutlasskiwicutlasskiwi Member Posts: 35
    Slips in quietly and walks up to the bar. Some Cutthroat Wine would be much appreciated.
    @Callofthebeast34
    For a long story it was pretty short . Sorry couldn't help to overheard your conversation .
    @odee

Yes it was pretty short.. us elves like to exaggerate sometimes. *sips wine*