Skip to content

Alaundo's Alehouse I (Part RP, Part OT, Come relax and have fun)

Comments

• DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I'd rather not. You remember what happened the last time. Not only were we stuck replacing singed or broken alehouse pieces for weeks, there was also the massive snowstorm that blew in.

Why again did you have to go piss in Khelben's cornflakes to make him cause that snowstorm again?
  • Latronis_PrimeLatronis_Prime Member Posts: 28
    Oh you know how it is, After a night of Bitter Black Ale when you've gotta go, you've gotta go. Besides how could I I resist after claiming it tasted of Devil's Piss?

(relatively) harmless prank and before you know it BAM summer blizzards
    At least I got my revenge when my shivering self liberated you of your boots of cold resistance. While they didn't help the chill much, they did keep my toes warm and left you scratching your head.
  • HaggardBlazeHaggardBlaze Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2012
    hearing a wizard mentioned Haggard shudders and quickly gulps down the rest of his bottle. Rising to his feet yumi flys up and nests on his shoulder.

"Well I suppose that I am a bard after all, so I should at least sing a few songs I've learned in my travels"
    http://youtu.be/RKQYbIXq94s
    Post edited by HaggardBlaze on
    Ah it has been too long since I last heard such dulcet tones echoing through these hallowed halls, a fine job good sir.
  • JanikJanik Member Posts: 14
    The man chuckles under his breath. "It sounds to me that this Alehouse has seen a lot of trouble in its day. Yet you only have the one body guard? Seems to me you should have more."
    Well the rest of the Alehouse tends to help out as well. We have rather frequent visitors of all walks.
    *hmph* "Well I guess that means you won't be needing another pair of hired hands."
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    *enters the Alehouse as Janik starts to speak*

Hired hands, citizen? Dealing with the wicked is a necessity and a justice to the world, not simply a means to bulge one's coin purse.
    Some do it for the fun, some do it outta duty and honor, some do it for adventure, some for power, some for fame, and some merely for knowledge

But they all do it. All are adventurers.

(And this represents what I hope will be my final class change IRL. I've gone from a ranger growing up, to a paladin, now to something between a Bard and a Mage).
    Speaking of adventurers, barkeep, that is why I am here. To await the return of my party members, and to apprehend a certain individual before departing to help purge the world of evil oncemore.
    *eyes the newcomer and raises a brow* "What's wicked and just is really a matter of opinion. I am merely looking for new job. Wandering Faerun has been fun for the last few months, but I rather miss employment."
    *looks back to Janik* Citizen, your voice rings with uncertainty. Thanks to Tyr and my training, my eyes see clearly what is wicked and evil in this world. However, this is not a temple or barracks, and I did not come here to convert or train anyone. If it is employment that you seek and you can hold your own in battle, there are many places in this land that would hire you.
    "Well don't worry church boy. I have no belief in the gods."
    Boy? Bah! You may not believe in the gods, but they believe in you. Anyhow, as I said, I did not come here seeking conversions. If you seek employment, I am sure this world could use a strong arm or keen mind against the dangers that constantly plague it, whatever your reasons for doing so be.
    *smirks* I don't believe the gods believe in anyone but themselves. But you are correct in that the world does need people like myself to protect it. But in the end, we all need some form of payment. You have your self-righteousness, I have the jingle of coin in my purse, others have the happieness that they just ended a life.
    Self-righteousness? We can disagree, but I'd prefer that you at least be civil about it, citizen. That aside, it is a shame that many out there enjoy snuffing out innocent life.

Barkeep, have you any Elven spring water?
    *Janik moves to the bar next to Anduine and lays some coins onto the table* Church boy will have a winter wine and I'll have a glass of mead.
    *stares at Janik with a stoic expression* I do not see a "church boy" here, but *I* will have some form of pure water. I do not imbibe alcohol or any intoxicating beverage, for that matter.
    *chuckles* Very well, how's about we exchange names then. Maybe we can get past this citizen and church boy thing.
    My name is Anduine, and even though it is obvious, I declare that I am a Paladin of Tyr out of respect.
    I'm Janik. Once the personel bodyguard of merchant in Trademeet, now a simple wandering swordsman.
    My travels have led me to Trademeet on more than one occasion. Interesting place. "Once"? That sounds like a... *searches for word* lucrative position. What happened to bring you out here, if you don't mind telling?
    The old man died of old age. With the my employer gone, there was nothing left for me in Trademeet. So I just started wandering the roads. So what made you go down the path of a Paladin?
    That is unfortunate about the old man, but natural I suppose. Why did I become a Paladin? *looks up for a moment* Fate...destiny, perhaps. I've always felt like a guardian to the innocent, and I've always held a strong opposition towards evil and those that seek to ruin the world that we live in. I was an orphan, but I've never needed much mortal guidance. I was taken in as a squire at a young age, graduating to Knighthood at the dawn of my becoming a man. It is from my dedication to perseverance and justice that I kneel only to Tyr, and in return, he grants me a great path in life and the means to stay on that path.

Even though He prefers action over words, I find time between crusades to go to one of His temples to pay homage and respect. It is because of this that I now am here, awaiting my companions. They may not have my... background, but they are good and strong individuals, all of them. Worthy company indeed.
    I don't share the same belief in fate as you do. I don't like the idea of the gods controlling the outcome of our lives. I choose my own fate. I don't believe in good or evil. We are who we are, and we do what we do. I live by my own moral compas. I do what I think is right. It may not always be the popular choice, but it is mine to make.
    Meh I've died quite a few times, it's really not that big a deal
    Fate is not always so black and white, Citizen Janik, even though my crusades are. It is not necessarily part of some grand scheme, controlling or determining our each and every action. Fate could come in varying degrees. Perhaps it's a "nudge" in a certain direction. Perhaps it's constantly being tested in order to improve one's self. It could even be doing what your natural talents guide you to do...a calling? That is why I became a Paladin. It is my calling. While I do believe Tyr has a direct role in my life, the fact is that I would still be a Knight if I had not become a Paladin, because that is what my life beckons, and from that, I shall not hide.

So you see? Perhaps a form of fate has touched you after all, in one way or another.

I will have to disagree with you on the good and evil, but you've committed no wrong that I've seen yet, and I see no reason to press the issue. *Barkeep hands me a glass of pure glacier water from the Icewind Dale region when I finish talking*

*hands a few silver to the barkeep* You may keep the change, and thank you for this refreshment.
  • DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
    *Ebnar rubs his eyes, his frustration going, he attempts to igore the ongoing debate between the knight and sellsword but as each becomes more vocal he finds his peace getting ever more disturbed, Ebnar had never much cared for holy men, even less for human holy men, they all acted the same, self righteous and holiour-than-thou. Vincent notices his mentors growing annoyance and steps up to calm him but the Dwarf erupts before the young half-elf can utter a word*

"by all the bloody hells will ye cease ye ramblings of knights and honour! I done came in ere to escape the preachers prattling on along the roads not have to hear more of it as i be downing me ale! "

*Ebnar snatches his axe from the bar and points it at their direction*

"Here be the only God in this world knight!"

*He points up at the axe head and lets out a sinister grin*

"And here be the only true judement, good n evil dont be mattering, if your skull be attached to the end of an axe the person holding it be in the right, that knight, is what this life is all about!"

*Ebnar turns back to face the bar and slams the axe back into its original place, he takes a long gulp from his ale and turns to notice Vincent nervously looking at him*

"Dont be gazing at me like some doe eyed tavern wench, boy! go be making yourself useful and see if they be buying loot in ere! we need the gold if we gonna be catching our mark before the weeks out, go on! git!"

*He he waves his hand to swing at Vincent causing him to shriek a little as he nervously dodges out the way, his new swords sheath clumsley goes inbetween his legs causing him to ungracefullly fall backwards. Ebnar grunts and continues with his ale, Vincent lets out a long winded sigh and winces as he rubs his back*

"Master Ebnar's drunk again...." he carefully whispers to himself.
    "Umm... Miss?" he addresses the tavernkeep, "I dont s-suppose you buy loot by any ch-chance do you? i-it would be a great burden lifted off my shoulders if you do"

*He nervously laughs and smiles*