Skip to content

Alaundo's Alehouse I (Part RP, Part OT, Come relax and have fun)

Comments

• Latronis_PrimeLatronis_Prime Member Posts: 28
    Now now don't get your staff in a twist, she *probably* would've survived and I haven't traded souls for magical baubles in at least a fe.. couple of years.

I'd go easy on the JuJu though, the girl has a most interesting susceptibility to magic, poor thing almost had an orgasm when I leashed her.

And my crazy schemes are entirely Eugenic in nature lately.

• DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    *The Elven stalkers eyes go wide, upon hearing the very distant beat of wings and looks at @Latronis_Prime*

And exactly where did you find this woman?

*The Paladin/Mage/Whoknowsexactlywhat Tavernkeep behind the bar begins muttering again* Just one season, not even a year just one season without a undead swarm, rampaging orcish horde, bored dragon would be great. Seriously I thought after we roasted the corpse of the last Lich we'd finally secured SOME PEACEFUL MONTHS FOR OUR ALEHOUSE.
    edited December 2012
    Lat pauses mid-gulp and turns his blazing blue orbs ceiling-ward.

The mage winces as he swallows.

Well I said I was going to a slave auction, but I'm not about to pay for my experiments when there's a perfectly good rube available. So I may have provided funds to a lizardman shaman of the viletooth clan to purchase the girl for his sacrifice to his god in-lieu of raiding a nearby village. In this case a particularly nasty old one-eyed black buck who has been breeding with the lizardfolk for generations. Quite interesting actually it's what gave me the idea in the first place...

After a stern glance the mage pulls off the tangent and goes back to the tale.

Well I know how everyone feels about me playing with human lives willy-nilly so I went and liberated the poor girl, saved her from being a sacrifice even (and a sizeable portion of the dragon's hoard) One could argue that I foolishly liberated too much of the treasure and my poor non-enchanted moneybag just couldn't handle the strain and with my busy mind occupied failed to notice the rapidly dwindling coin supply leaving a convenient trail behind me.

And not to alarm anyone or anything but judging by the way this mead has spoiled and the state of that wash basin over there I'd say Big-Black is just outside right now....
  • DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
    Ebnar growls and punchs his fist into the table, grumbling darkly to everyones comments, pushing himself up he notices the small crowd who all cheered for Vincent and insisted the Dwarf pay. Relunctantly Ebnar fishes down into his satchel a removes several bags, he feels the weight of each one and grumbles. He throws one of the bags onto the table next to the old wizard, several coins roll out.

"Hmph...fine ye win! 500 gold!"

Thrusting his arm back toward Vincent the axe suddenly begins to hum and flys from the Half-Elf's grasp and lands back in the Dwarf's grip who swings it around and sticks it in his belt. Neverously Vincent wanders over to him, worried he was in for another yelling.

"I'm sorry... i.. caused you to lose master.."

Vincent bows his head and grips his arm. Ebnar scowls and mumbles to himself, he raises his arm up causing Vincent wince in prepartion for a smack. Suddenly the grips his arm around his young wards neck and draws him in and begins playfully messing up his hair. A beaming smile on his face which was strange indeed.

"Hah! Dont be silly boy! Ye put me in my place good! Maybe ye have got some use outside of a pack mule!"

The Dwarf roars into laughter, keeping his arm firmly locked around his wards neck, the height diffrence pulling Vincent down slightly. Vincent grins, not use to his Dwarven mentor in a good mood.

"Aye! well played old man!"

Ebnar slaps the side of the old wizards arm which knocks him off balance slightly and roars another laughter.

"Tavernkeep! More ale! for everyone in de Alehouse! hah!"

Several cheers amass to the Dwarfs comment, he then turns and looks at the old wizard.

"Dont be looking at me like that! Ye the one paying! Haha!"

The Dwarf slaps the old wizards arm again and raises his clan tankard.

"To me ward! the most soft skinned dopy pointey eared yellow bellied ward in the realms! victory is his this eve!"

Several cheers amass again. Ebnar then pushes his ward to one side and points to the mess left from the chaos.

"Now go be making yeself useful and clean this up!" the Dwarf laughs and grins.

Rolling his eyes, Vincent bends down to begins clearing the mess but is once again stopped by the Dwarf who pulls him up and hands him a small pouch of coin.

"Go get yourself some food and drink first, ye deserve it after that performance"

A broad grin creeps onto Vincents face and as he goes to walk up to the bar he gives the old wizard an even wider grin.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    The old man chuckles and grins back at the Dwarf. He then calls out to the barkeep.

"I'll gladly pay for a round of drinks for the tavern."

The old man fishes a handful of coins from the pouch, then hands the rest to the barkeep.

"This should pay for the drinks, as well as any damage we caused."

He shakes his hand jingling the few coins left around a bit. The old man waves to Vincent calling him over.

"These other coins belong to you boy." The old man presses the coins into his hands before he can object.

"You more than earned them, and perhaps you learned something as well."

The old man winks at the boy, then sits back and enjoys his pipe once again.
  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    Knoland finds a sturdy looking chair near the fire... He settles back into the chair and dreams of battles old and of thoughts more pleasant then he could remember... Knoland falls asleep the warmth of the fire covering his body.
    *sighs as even her human ears begin to detect the sound of very angry dragon wings approaching*

@Latronis_Prime You mean to tell me you couldn't even get a Red Dragon? At least their meat and tasty and edible. All Black Dragon meat does is make all non-dwarves sick.

Attention Alehouse Customers and Patrons. It is my sincere regret to inform you that we have a very angry Black Dragon approaching rather quickly. It is advised that we stay inside and quickly formulate a plan, as last time we rebuilt the alehouse we only made sure the walls held up to Red Dragon fire.

Ohhhhhhhh dear

*Wanders off to the weapons wall and begins having a talk with the Elven stalker about tactics and weapons*

Should anyone choose to help dispose of the beast with us, drinks and the feast afterwards on said dragon flank would be free of course. In fact I'm sure @Latronis_Prime might even throw you something a little extra.
    The old man seems uninterested in the talk of an approaching dragon preparing to attack. His eyes even close, and he appears to fall asleep. This is of course until the moment free drinks are mentioned, at that his eyes fly open and he jumps from his table, bumping into it as he does and nearly knocking it over.

"It has been some time since I've faced a dragon, retired don't you know, but in such a situation my magic is at your command."

He rolls up the sleeves of his faded red robe and claps his hands together.

"Let's teach this sucker a lesson."

He pauses while taking out an old dusty book from his satchel and squints his eyes at the barkeep.

"There was mention of free drinks afterward?"
    Aye I probably could've found a red but the black's liver has a far more potent bile, and this way I got a whole village in my debt.. I mean I saved a whole village worth of lives.

He's very large for a male his age, and seems very physically powerful despite his slight deformity, so he will probably favor using his physical might over magic, but he's cunning and unlike a vain red won't be easy to goad, so we will probably have to deal with his lizardfolk shaman aswell.

Its getting close to nightfall, though I'm one of the few *technically* mortals who can see better than a dragon in the dark how do you others feel about fighting a pitchblack horror of acid and fangs in the pitchblack?
    edited December 2012
    Knoland awakes to the call of arms... and a Dragon! "I will help" Knoland walks toward the group gathering to fight. "Its been some time since I had to kill one" Knoland recalls his last encounter with a small dragon and the aid he provided the beast. Knoland straps on some black and gold mail and a golden winged helm... And his mighty two handed Axe. Knoland flexes his arms with a massive axe in his hands and yells out.. "Arrrrrrrrgh!!!"
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Rhiannon appears from the back of the Inn. "My songs and my spells, as well as my healing, are available to any who need them." She raises her hand, and a cool, faintly blue-tinged light caresses the skins of the patrons who are lending their aid to the Alehouse. "Mother Selune, watch over these brave souls..." (Bless spell) The cool light seems to cling to you, and you feel stronger and more protected. "May our strength be as one, may we share in the skill of our arms..." she continues (Strength of One). Finally, she whispers a prayer, and bluish light erupts from her palm, continuing out to form a blade formed of moonlight (Moonblade).
    Ebnar slams his clan mug down on the table, some of mead splashing out onto the table. A sinister grin creeps onto the Dwarf's face.

"A Dragon ye saying? HAH! and ere i thought the only entertainment to be had was me ward making a fool of himself!"

The Dwarf slaps his ward in the arm, pushing him back.

"Get me mace, shield and helmet! what ye waiting!? GO ON GET!"

He kicks the back of Vincent's leg, Vincent gives a faint smile at the old wizard for his gift of the gold, but in the rush was unable to protest the gift, reluctantly he pockets the pouch of gold, the ward seems to be use to the drill and rushes over to the pile of equipment they brought in earlier. After a few moments the young Half-Elf comes running back carrying a rather large round shield, a magnificent mithral helmet and a large case. Ebnar snatches the case off him and places it onto the table, he slowerly unclips the bindings and opens it, within was a strange blue mace, a terrible chill rose up from the weapon causing several ice flakes to form in the Dwarf's beard. The carvings were finally detailed but weathered. Ebnar removes the mace and swings it around, several similar ice flakes topple down from the performance. The Dwarfs face grin grows wider as he attaches it to his belt alongside his axe. He equips his helmet and finally his shield and fist pumps his plate armor which rings loudly.

"Ah! Now that be better! Fresh Black Dragon meat! an for free ale in the killing of it ye say!? careful lass at this rate i am as likely to marry ye even if ye are a Gods awful human!" the Dwarf roars into laughter.

Vincent grabs from the pile a crossbow, it was simple in design but gave off a faint aura enchantment, he rushes back up to his Dwarven mentor grinning. Ebnar snatches the crossbow off him and slams it into the table.

"Nay not so fast boy, ye in no position to be taking on a Dragon"

Vincent scowls and huffs,

"But master! I know what im doing! just let me help..."

Ebnar slams the table firmly.

"NO! ye ma did nay put ye into my guardianship so her only child done get eaten by a Dragon!"

Vincent bows his head down clearly disapointed. Ebnar raises his arm up and places a hand on his shoulder.

"There be plenty of battles in ye future Vinny but nay this one... just cause ye got a sword at ye waist and ye one a small bet does nay mean ye ready to be facing a beastie like this! this aint Goblins raiding along the roads this be a Dragon! Now i nay argue this any longer!"

Turning Ebnar storms off to the rest of the gathering patrons raring for battle.

"So whats ye plan then? out with it!"

Vincent watches, gripping his sword at his waist, a clear annoyed look on his face.
    Knoland smiles at Rhiannon... a great relief at the sight of the healer bard. Knoland sharpens his axe on a heavy stone... and waits.
    Rhiannon turned to Ebnar. "Do you know anything about fighting black dragons?" she asked. "I know from experience that their breath is caustic acid and can melt the flesh off your bones. For Dragons, they are not overly intelligent. But if it looks about to breathe, if we can pin its mouth shut, it will do more damage to itself than to us. Its insides may be immune to acid, but not its outsides..." Her voice was calm and clear. "Its breath comes out in a straight line. Stay out of the line if you wish to stay safe. Also, it may be able to use magic, but it's not a certainty. And watch out for the wings and tail. They can pack quite a wallop."
    Ebnar scratches his neck and half listens Rhiannon, he finally lets out a dark smile.

"A Black Dragon? nay, not come across any of the beasts in my travels, Red, Silver, White, Green, Brown aye, but nay a Black."

He strokes the weapons on his hilt, tapping one finger on the mace.

"But like all the beasts they will fall given enough beatings over the skull!"

The Dwarf laughs. He then stops and ponders her plan.

"Hm, but ye may be onto something lass, quickest way to take a Dragon down is stopping it from using his gaping mouth, still that be easier said than done.."

He begins a short pace backwards and forwards.

"Dragons got some skill in keeping an eye on several opponents at once, but the beasts done got a terrible anger in them, and if someone done piss it off enough it may focus on just one of the group...."

Ebnar grins coldy.

"So someone with a death wish needs to be trying to anger the beastie and draw its full rage against them, allowing the rest of the group to take it down while its back is turned"

Vincent eyes suddenly spark up as he overhears his masters plan, he takes a few steps forward.

"I-i can do that! im quick on my feet and ..."

Ebnar glares at his ward with rage in face.

"Did you nay hear me before!? I said ye not getting involved! Im not gonna be picking ye out of a Dragons teeth ye ere! Now go sit down before i clip ye round the ear"

Vincent throws his arms up and storms off. He turns and looks at the group.

"Ill show them..." he whispers to himself.

Ebnar scoffs and turns back to the group.

"Nay, if anyone done gonna take on Dragons rage its gonna be me! Nay the first time a Dragons chomped on me, nay be the last!"

Ebnar roars into laughter again, slapping his chest plate.

"Less the rest of ye got a better idea...?"
    Knoland reaches into his pack and pulls out a large vial of Blue Dragon blood... "This is a gift from a friend"... Knoland takes a small sip and hands the vial to Rhiannon. "Just a small sip of this blood will grant you extra speed and strength. There should be enough for all of us.." Knoland winks at Ebnar "it might even make you taller my friend.." Knoland smiles keenly at the Dwarf.
    OOC: Sorry for the lack of updates. Alas I got hit by the work 7 days in a row faerie. It's not exactly fun and more time consuming than I'd like.
    OOC: oh I know the feeling hurk.12hr 11 day job over Xmas and new year.

IC: So that's our plan then? Feed short, drunk and hairy to the dragon, shut his trap and hack him to pieces? Works for me. I can convince big black the dwarf is to blame, and while I'm out there I'll find a way to deal with the lizardfolk.

Just uh no disintigration... that liver is very very valuable (to me)

With that the mage brought his ring finger to his lips the ring a large and admittedly gaudy golden scorpion: tail and pincers disappearing into the mages knuckles, legs imbedded in the flesh underneath. The body in the shape of an eyeball with a large ruby forming a drop of blood as pupil with two tiny diamonds flanking it either side. This he kissed before a small fuzzy and horned head in black and hot pink fur popped out of the knapsack at the mages feet and scampered up his body before mimicking the gesture on the ring.

Standing up the large mage gestured at the bartop until a large chest coalesced from the Smokey air. This outfit will not do at all. Removing the travelling cloaked revealed fine set of bronze chain accented with scales suspiciously like those of a dragon. With a little help from the fiendish monkey the ostentatious gear was stowed in the chest and a fine robe replaced it. Packing the tome at his waist in the top of the chest Lat closed the lid and waved it out of existence.

With his new outfit finally in place a few whispered words saw a half dozen blades of force appeared around his body orbiting rhythmically about his torso.

Reaching down time scratch behind his familiar's horns the mage says 'ok BeHe; let's go sic an angry dragon on a dwarf' seeming to grin wickedly the horned monkey scampered out the door after his master, tail held high.
  • HaggardBlazeHaggardBlaze Member Posts: 53
    edited January 2013
    "Well Yumi, are you ready" says a suddenly sober Haggard.

Gripping his dual short swords which are flaring with an evil, almost hungry light and an amulet flares on his chest.

"Well Yumi, it isn't a mage but I've grown rather attached to this tavern and would hate to leave before my gold runs out. I can sing my battle song or rush forward, I have protection from magic on my equipment and enchantment in my blades."
    edited January 2013
    The old mage pages through his dusty spellbook, seemingly in search of something. His eyes are scrunched as he scans the spells, his eyesight obviously not what it once was.

"Hmm...lizard gizzard sounds promising.." He shakes his head a moment later. "No, just a recipe." He folds down a corner of the withered page. "Still, like to remember that." He says with a smile.

He continues scanning the book, his grey beard bouncing slightly as he reads the spells to himself. At last he pauses on a particular spell, and jumps up from the seat he returned to during everyone's preparations. He knocks over a tankard, which had already been knocked over and emptied by the Mage previously and thus made no more of a mess.

"I've found it!" He exclaims, and looks around at everyone as if they should know exactly what he's talking about, he looks a bit confused when he realizes they haven't a clue.

"Kazanzabar's resilient sphere of corrosive resistance!" Being met again by silence does little to stop his excitement. "It's a grand spell." He attempts, hoping to impress the others with his find. Gaining nothing but bewildered looks he continues on a bit slower.
    "Protects one from a dragons acid breath?..."
    edited January 2013
    "I suppose this situation requires trusting a mage" Haggard spat, "Well so be it, my hate doesn't overwhelm my common sense, and the paltry magics that I know are of no use against a dragon. I'm going to cast a resist fear spell and improved haste on myself and others however, since I can do at least that much, if you can stop the beast in its tracks however I can do much more", he grins evilly while spinning his blades.

After he finishes casting he takes out a suite of chain mail that jingles melodically and dons it.

"Yumi, things are going to get rough, I want you to stay high and safe" to which yumi defiantly releases a puff of fire into his face.
    "Hey! Im trying to look all cool here dammit!, and I don't want you getting caught in its breath so do as I say or you go in the pack!"
    Yumi gives a small puff and starts circling over Haggards head.

OOC- yeah i took the liberty of casting improved haste on everyone as well as resist fear, make of it what you will. I should not that my Blade is a high level one from ToB, so skills and items he has are from BG2:SoA and ToB
    Post edited by HaggardBlaze on
    Ebnar leans against a table and begins rocking back and forth, he grows distant from the increasing chatter and continues to thumb at his maces grip, a few grunts and sighs interrupting his silence. He notices the flurry of magic being conjured up and sudden burst of speed overwhelming him, the shock causes his rocking back and forth to increase vastly, pushing the table and causing him to land on the floor with a loud ringing of metal. He eyes up the Blade angrily.

"Ye damnable lute player! Be warning me before ye cast ye blasted magics at me!"

The Dwarf attempts to stand up but the result of improved haste spell quickens his reaction forcing him up too quick to stop himself, resulting in him promptly smashing into the wall, his horned helmet lodged tightly into the wooden frame. Growling he twists his head and rips the horns free, he grips the wall tightly and trys to take a step back which is excelled making him to once again loose his feet. He puts his back against the wall and begins uttering more curses.

"By all the hells how i be hating finger wagglers...!!"

He slowerly attempts to free himself, standing in one spot and being careful not to let his feet escape him again, he slowerly turns himself around trying to face the rest of the group but his legs get a mind of their own and a burst of speed smashes the Dwarf through a window, landing him out in the front of the Alehouse, his face buried in a pile of mud, or horse dung. He drags himself up clinging to the window frame, a clear anger brewing in his eyes toward the Blade, he slips on a mud patch leaving him landed in the same dirt pile.

"HELLS ARSE!!...", he roars aloud.
    "Ha sorry dwarf, I forget others are not used to magics on themselves."
    Offers a hand up
    "I to hate magic users, but I don't let my hate of magic overwhelm the usefulness of it, after all Yumi was the product of the first spell that i cast"
    edited January 2013
    A 'finger-waggler' outside the alehouse was squaring up to a massive black dragon. True to his word the left side of the dragons face was completely covered with scar tissue, the uneven scaly flesh completely obscuring the eye.

Slightly wary at only seeing a single mage come out to face the beast the wyrm spoke

"Sso you are the mageliing who sstole from my hoard, and not even a ssingle threat to get you out here.."

"O Great Wyrm, I am just a servent, a mere tool to be used as others see fit. 'Twas an especially gold-hungry dwarf who sent me after your riches, you especially lord.. I quote..."

The mage raised a hand to his throat and seemed to tickle the tattoo-ed lines across the soft flesh until Ebnar's very own voice escaped his lips..

"A Dragon wit haf a head, only be deserving haf a hoard aye finger waggler!" The mage laughed with the dwarf's voice before continuing, "An'be havin more use for dem there virgins then any overgrown lizard if ye be catchin'me drift"

As the mage moved his hand from his throat the sound of shattering glass is heard as the dwarf conveniently crashes outside the alehouse walls.

"HELL'S ARSE"

"I just ask.. O Great One, that you spare this humble drinking establishment and its poor travel weary guests your wrath, as you can see they are in agreement that the dwarf be delivered to you in recompense..."

Scratching his head to hide the motion of tapping his temple the mage sends a silent message to the dirt covered dwarf... *You're on clumsy*
    OOC: Sorry been so absent, been rather busy. Looks like y'all have this incident well in hand. I'm interested to see how this all turns out and I'll try to pitch in while I can.
    Reluctantly he accepts the blades hand and after arising to his feet quickly snatches his hand away and scoffs at him, he goes to scorn the bard but stops himself as he overhears someone behind him who sounds like him, albeit a poor version he thinks.

"Eh?! Who's trying to make jest of me accent!?"

Snapping his gaze around he is taking off guard by a mighty Black Dragon staring him down, he notices the mage standing at the foot of the beast giving him a strange eye signal, baffled Ebnar asumes it was his turn to take over, he reshuffles his plate armor which had been awkwardly twisted to one side and pulls his mace from its sheath at his belt and begins a confident walk over to the Dragon.

"Er... Aye! was i that done got me weak bellied servant to make off with ye gold! i mean look at him! all weak armed and soft bellied! Look at how he holds himself! nay had a woman in his life this one! n that stench!? he lil better that a gutter brat with some petty magic in his fingers!"

He kicks a stone at the mage which bounces off his back, while it was clear the Dwarf was trying to go along with the ruse, he was enjoying the abuse towards the mage a little too much.

"Ye giant overgrown lizards hoard up all the best gear! n fer what!? so you can sit ye fat arses down on it! Nay! ye ilk are all the same! Only good for bed time stories for human and elf brats!"

The Dwarf leans in closer and sizes up the beast, it was only now he relised the shear size of the Dragon in comparisson.

"Ye a big fella aint ye?..."

The Black Dragons scales sparkles a metalitic black with hints of dark blue against the sky, his glowing yellow and red eye ever narrowing his gaze, his spike horns subtley sticking up from down the length of his spine seemed to shake slightly. For a moment the Dwarf seems to lose his words, but slowerly a cruel almost crazed smile creeps onto his face.

"Aye! I just got a better idea! Ye gold is all well n good but that skin of yours? i be knowing a trader that will give me a kings ransom for a fresh Black Dragon scale! an those teeth! Plenty of mages be collecting Dragon teeth, ye a walking teasure trove in ye self!"

Laughing, he hefts his shield up and clangs it with his mace. Ebnar places his face right against the Dragons, neither seemed to back up.

"Ye got some stones dragon! Ye came a looking for 'my' gold! Now its ye life thats forfeit! You be telling whatever God ye slimy scaley oversized bastards done worship that it was Ebnar Bluemace, Last of clan Bluemace that done sent ye to him!"

Suddenly without warning, Ebnar lunges his mace forward with great strength which collides with the Dragon's nose, a flurry ice and frost erupt from the weapon and splatter across the Dragon's face, a roar of pain erupts as the beast twists itself around to make a strike with its tail, luckily Ebnar rolls backwards avoiding the counter attack. An even wider crazed smile creeps onto the Dwarfs face as he turns an glares at the mage.

"Aye think that done the trick dont ye!? HAHA" the Dwarf roars into a manic laughter.
    edited January 2013
    haggard takes a running leap off the dwarfs back and slashes at the remaining eye of the beast he is, however, blocked by a wing and thrown back onto the ground.

"Hmpf, so you wont die that easily will you? No matter I have been waiting for a challenge for some time now. Stand strong fellows, do not fear the dragon's gaze for we are armored against it."

He stands looking defiant and challenging at which point Yumi nips his ear causing him to try out in pain
    "every time I try to look cool" he mutters while looking for his next opening to go for the dragon's remaining eye.

"Dwarf you keep attacking it head on, I shall go for its wings and its eye whenever I see an opening! Be careful for we have few fit to fight on the front line right now."
    Rhiannon waits until she can see the Dragon breathing in, and casts "Create Water" in the Dragon's nose. Its eyes go wide as it inadvertantly inhales many gallons of water and begins to choke, coughing it back up again, temporarily unable to do anything else...
    edited January 2013
    Knoland charges up near the base of the great beast while it chokes on the water spell and spots a soft spot within its black scales he braces himself and he strikes the dragon with his two-handed axe. Knoland's axe becomes stuck in the dragon and Knoland holds on to the shaft while the dragons body begins to move about. Suddenly the Dragon spots Knoland and strikes at him with his massive claws... Knoland is knocked to the ground near the dragon's feet the strike freeing Knoland's axe in the process. However the dragon spots the stunned barbarian and takes another swipe at him... Knoland braces himself on the ground.
    edited January 2013
    Haggard rushes over to take another jumping slash at the side of the dragon's face, attracting it's attention and then goes into a defensive spin with his blades flashing to hopefully give the barbarian a chance to regain his footing. He manages to slice a wing hopefully grounding the beast while continuing to spend most of his efforts dodging it's blows.

Yumi darts in and out around the big black's remaining eye distracting it, and Haggard is barely able to hold his own against the beast.

"help.....would.......be.....appreciated....." he grunts while narrowly dodging another sweep of the black's tail