Skip to content

Alaundo's Alehouse I (Part RP, Part OT, Come relax and have fun)

Comments

• LioraValkyrieLioraValkyrie Member Posts: 17
    The drow Liora, who is called Valkyrie, peers cautiously through the doorway of the bustling (and well defended) ale house. Briefly catching sight of several halflings, a half-orc and even a curiously "regal-looking" ferret, she sees little chance of racial descrimination here. (Were it not rude to do so, she might be inclined to plug her ears for the discord of harp song and drunken debauchery.) Instead, she shieths her two glistening short swords- blood still dripping from both- removes her helm, and steps inside, the sound of heavy armour clinking and sqeaking as she does so. She begins speaking to no one in particular:

"Greetings. Could I, um..."

The uncertainty in Valkyrie's soft-spoken voice betrays her otherwise foreboding appearance. Forgetting what, exactly, she had in mind, she decides to take a seat, seeming more confused than anything else. Though the bard, @Isandir‌, seems to her the most hospitable of the patrons, she wishes not to disturb his excellent artwork. Thus she takes a seat next to the caster, @Nimran‌, and his ferret- for surely no one who tolerates the company of animals can be all that bad.

"Last I recall, I stepped through some god-forsaken portal in Athkatla. And was fighting my way through an army of enchanted thralls. And now... I'm here? This is a nice enough place, I suppose, but not being particularly keen on drink... or song, I wondered whether someone of magical training might point out a way to get... back?" Valkyrie sighs and rubs her forehead. "Though I must admit to not being entirely certain of the location of this 'back' to which I refer."

Valkyrie reaches out her hand to stroke the ferret, but withdraws, thinking better to first ask permission of its owner.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited January 2015
    Upon seeing the new arrival and her outstretched hand, Nimran nodded his head, not one to turn away a potential comrade. With a wiggle of his nose, he mentally asked Stoat the Ferret Lord to allow the soft-spoken drow the honor of touching his fur.

"I will allow it, if only for your sake," the Ferret Lord decreed.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    The door opens and in comes Wubble, he walks up to the bar and asks for a pint. He also inquires if the alehouse serves kippers as part of its breakfast menu.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    The sharp-eyed harpist takes a moment to ensure her harp is in perfect tune and starts in on a new song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr9bsn8K38g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edqeXG2g1sc
  • KrongirKrongir Member Posts: 19
    After getting himself an ale, Krongir glances to his right and is bemused by what he sees. A ferret attempting to order an ale. The barman looks equally confused.
    "What happened to Stoat?" asked Nimran as he enjoyed one of his delicious :cookie:s. He looked toward the bar and saw the frisky ferret ordering a drink. After a long sigh, he stood up from his seat and walked toward Stoat, who was complaining about the service after having been refused by the barman. "I will backstab every single person here if it meant that I could have some ale!" Stoat yelled before Nimran scooped him up and apologized to the barman, saying "This is what he's like when he's sober. Good thing you kept him out of the sauce, since he's even worse when drunk."
  • Latronis_PrimeLatronis_Prime Member Posts: 28
    Go away to breed a super race for a little while and what happens in my absense? Ferret lords and long lost acquaintances. It certainly has been a while @Kalesra how be ye m'day?
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Oh my, it has been a long time indeed since I've heard the name @Kalesra !

You're local shopkeep has been busy in Dragon Age (almost finished awakening with my latest human noble rogue), League of Legends (Friends always pull me back), Raiding in WoW and the like. And pillars of eternity released yesterday. I'll prolly redeem my backer copy on GoG tomorrow.
    What already? But I can't afford new games atm >_>
    So is noone here because of Pillars of Eternity? cause that would make me sad and depressed and alcoholic
    @Latronis_Prime good thing you're in an alehouse!
    @Latronis_Prime It's a mixture of Work, Dragon Age Origins (again), Ranked League of Legends (RL Friends), WoW Raiding, D3. Heck, I haven't even installed PoE yet I think =/
    Krongir, who by now is starting to see double sways over to where @Nimran , stoat and @LioraValkyrie are sitting. He grins at the oddly matched trio and begins to say something while attempting to sit on a stool FAR too small for him.
    The stool snaps and collapses beneath him, sending several drinks hurtling across the room and creating an almighty crash that resounds throughout the tavern. He lays bewildered on the ground for a few moments before erupting into raucous laughter.

Then he springs to his feet, draws his sword and bellows 'WHO WANTSH TA FIGHT?'

Then Krongir makes a gurgling sound, puts hand to his mouth and rushes for the toilet.
    Wubble pats @Krongir on the back and says "There, there" in a condescending manner.

He then walks back to the the bar and orders another two pints of ale, one of which he sneakily gives to the ferret out of curiosity.

He then waits patiently for the ferret to show signs of drunkenness.
    Nimran watched @Krongir go as Stoat happily lapped up @wubble's ale, flashing a fangy grin at him as he did so. The action caused ale to spill from his mouth, but he didn't seem to care, and he continued drinking.

A few minutes later, Stoat backstabbed some halfling for 'shmoochin' on hish brudda'. Nimran stared at him and sighed before asking "Okay, who gave ale to the ferret?!"
    Krongir returned from the toilet looking slightly greener than usual. He almost slipped over as his large clumsy feet walked through the ever growing puddle of blood surrounding some halflings corpse. He glances up to see a ferret standing over the body with a small bloody knife. Krongir bellows in laughter 'I like this animal!' he winks at the ferret, picks up a chair and smashes it over the back of a burly dwarf sitting nearby, then picks up the nearest stein and hurls it across the room, hitting a big bosomed maiden directly between the eyes. 'BAR FIGHT!!!' shouts Krongir as he swings his fist into the flank of an unfortunate gnome and kicks a halfling in the teeth.
    Nimran looks on with slight amusement as the bar erupts into a vicious battle royale. Stoat immediately starts to jump from victim to victim, hurling slurred insults and himself into the backs of anyone who comes too close. Numerous bodies pile up around him as he leaps from back to back, stabbing with ferocious intensity and laughing maniacally as ale started to dribble from his mouth.

He eventually returns to Nimran's table and says "Sho many bruddersh were shmooched dish day."
  • KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234

So is noone here because of Pillars of Eternity? cause that would make me sad and depressed and alcoholic

Good place to be alcoholic, I suppose.

*surveys the impressive variety of alcohol*

Hail, @Latronis_Prime !
    @Kalesra

Well met and hail. Indeed, we do have a wide variety of alcohol. See anything that suits your fancy?
    Wubble, now deep into his eighth pint, slobbily propositions a seemingly invisible wench and then attempts to dance with the non existent woman until he slips in one of the many pools of blood and falls face first onto a pile of corpses.

"Bugger..."

"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
  • KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234

@Kalesra

Well met and hail. Indeed, we do have a wide variety of alcohol. See anything that suits your fancy?

I've been on the road for a hell of a long time, old friend. I think some of your special rum would put a quickness back in my step.

Ah, Hells. Just bring me the bottle.
    Aye, for an old friend such as you, would anything less than a bottle truly do us justice?

Slides a bottle of her special reserve to @Kalesra and pops open a bottle for herself

For the old times at gamefaqs, and to new times here!
    Ah yes the good ol' days when we would live in alehouses instead of occasionally pass through them...
    We're really all just passed out drunk. That's why nobody posts here anymore.
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    Hello-- *pokes head in door, sees blood everywhere* Umm, I'll... come back another time...
    *wubble comes to and gets back onto his feet*

Wait!

Don't go!

We're nice really, it's just the crazy ferret you have to worry about.
    Standing over a pile of bodies and panting next to the ferret, Krongirs expression suddenly changes from a devlish smile to despair.
    'What have I done?!?' He screams as he points to his spilled beer
    wubble said:

*wubble comes to and gets back onto his feet*

Wait!

Don't go!

We're nice really, it's just the crazy ferret you have to worry about.

Eh? Crazy? Nay, friend, just fun loving.

• XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182
    edited October 2015
    In walks a rather burly looking elf named Karosim who walks to the bartender and asks for a Thingamabob sitting next to a rather beautiful looking Drow and says to her "How are you today?"
    Post edited by Xeroshi on