Skip to content

Alaundo's Alehouse I (Part RP, Part OT, Come relax and have fun)

Comments

• AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    edited December 2012
    *Glares at the drunken hairball midget as he speaks*

"How impolite. You barge in on a conversation between myself and this citizen here, you complain about me preaching despite me repeatedly stopping such conversations before they start, and now you do your own preaching? *Snorts in contempt* I will waste no words on you, citizen dwarf, but know this: Should you bring your so-called "god" near me or any innocent on my watch, this conversation will become something far more unpleasant. Good night to you, citizen dwarf."

*Turns back to the bar to continue gulping his drink, awaiting the response of the pondering citizen Janik.*
  • Latronis_PrimeLatronis_Prime Member Posts: 28
    Ha now this is starting to become more like the alehouse of me fondest memories.

I've got 10 Gold on the drunken dwarf!
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    *lets her voice echo with power against the walls of the alehouse which seem to magnify it against all resistances*

ENOUGH!

This is an alehouse, this is not a church or a brawlers guild. If ANYONE starts any trouble in this alehouse, I will PERSONALLY raise the corpse and make them clean with the person who killed them using scrub brushes.

Then you will have to deal with Latronis. Keep it civil, this is your first and only warning.

*The formerly paladin of an Alehouse Keeper lowers her staff, revealing that she is something more magical than just a paladin, but also quite adept at the arcane as well*
    *raises an eyebrow at the Barkeep*

Neither citizen Janik or myself were starting trouble. Were you dozing off?
    Maybe even I have a low tolerance for preaching of any sort.

Maybe I saw and heard the previous conversation and was hoping that would be the end of it.

Either way, I have made me statement.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Strikes up another song, hoping to ease some of the tensions...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24z6ejrS7GM
  • DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
    Ebnar switches his gaze between the tavernkeep and the knight briefly, he ponders for a moment if the tavernkeep is all she seems to be, paladin one moment, mage the next, he recalls hearing tales of tricksters who take on the guise of tavernkeepers and inn workers to lure unexpecting individuals into their lair and devour them, he thinks on this for moment, half toying with the idea of reaching for his axe, but finally lets his guard down, she didnt give off a sinister presence and that was enough for him, besides anyone who gives out free ale, even a soul devouring blood drinking trickster cant be all bad he concluded, he snorts and waves his hand dismissing the comment.

"Hmph, dont be getting your knickers in twist lass! Like i would be waisting my time knocking some sense into a goody goody like him"

Ebnar takes a sip of his ale before turning to look at the knight, a wicked smile across his face.

"Besides i ere them priests done chop the manhood off their knights to preserve, what was it they gone an called it? 'purity'? HAH!"

Slapping his thigh, Ebnar roars into laughter, splutter and spittle flying from his foam drenched mouth and beard.

"He can be talking up how his life goal is ta be saving damsels an maidens from towers in the name of whatever God he done be worshiping, but when he done saved them its 'my' bed they gonna be sharing!"

Roaring into laughter a second time and spilling some of his ale, Ebnar turns away and continues to cruelly laugh to himself while he drinks his ale, the echo from inside his clans ale mug ringing his laughter louder than it should.
  • JanikJanik Member Posts: 14
    Janik raises an eyebrow at the barkeep. "Seems to be more to our host than meets the eye. Perhaps I was wrong to think you could use an extra pair of hired hands." He glances at the Alehouses bouncer, "Perhaps you don't need any hired hands at all."

Janik picks up his drink and makes his way back to the dark corner of the Alehouse.
    "Ah, it looks like my companions have finally arrived. Thank you for the drink, barkeep. May your future be a prosperous one."

*Exits the alehouse*
  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    edited December 2012
    Knoland finds a small table near a corner of the room that is poorly lit... He orders up a bottle of wine and two glasses. "Knoland wonders if anyone would like to have a drink with him"...
    *Whistles a soft tune and sends down the bottle of wine and two glasses towards Knoland*

Hi and welcome to the alehouse
    "I could use a break from all this singing," Rhiannon comments, coming over to join Knoland. "Well, met, stranger!"
    Knoland stands before the lady and offers the best chair... "I pour a full glass for a kind soul"...
    "Many thanks," she says with appreciation, taking the seat. "I am Rhiannon, a sometime bard and healer. Yourself?"
    "The name is Knoland, a barbarian from far north.. please don't think of me as a savage however. I have traveled to many lands and have learned many skills on my journey". Knoland looks at Rhiannon with a warm smile and gentle eyes. Knoland a large man standing over 6'4" with broad chest and chiseled arms a product of his heritage a man who's prowess is evenly matched by his loyalty.

"A healer you say? and Bard? such wonderful talents and skills to possess, I have an old battle wound that is in need of such blessed hands"...
    "Indeed?" she says, asking about the wound. "Do you feel okay with exposing it here, or is it such that we should go... elsewhere?"
    Knoland after tossing back his fully filled glass of wine feels remarkably confident... he makes a smile as he stands asking for another bottle of wine politely. Knoland then begins to undo his armor revealing his muscular and slightly scared body... His loin cloth barely covering his blessed endowments.

"The wound is here near my upper leg"...

Rhiannon's hand is soft and warm as she lays it on his thigh, though her fingers are hard with calluses from playing the harp. "I can indeed heal this wound," she tells him with a smile. Flexing her fingers, she whispers softly to her goddess, Seluna. A cool blue glow spreads from her fingers, answered by a heat from within his flesh. She strokes her fingers gently over the wound, and the flesh swells, healing completely. Soon, the only sign that the wound was there is a lingering warmth in his leg and the memory of the touch of her fingers and hand on his leg.
    The healed warrior thanks Rhiannon for her touch.. He refills both glasses with wine and relaxes back into his chair... It seems as if the Barbarian was rather comfortable with his new friend. Knoland says to Rhiannon, "what brings such a fair and beautiful woman to this dark little tavern?"
    Rhiannon takes a sip of her wine. "Alas, I am but a poor traveller, going where my Goddess bids me," she says, her golden eyes sparkling with good humor. "In between I pay my way with music." Her hands move to the harp, striking a glissando of notes. "It also helps in healing- I have found that good music relaxes and can lead to sleep much faster for those who are in pain or injured." She smiles at him and takes another sip of her wine. "And yourself?"
    edited December 2012
    Knoland reaches into his purse and pulls out several gold coins and places them on the table near Rhiannon's glass. "Allow me to pay for your healing services my Lady." Knoland sips from his glass and begins to feel the warmth of the wine. Knoland looks at Rhiannon's delicate hands.. "Would you mind playing your harp for me alone? I must admit I have had some trouble with sleep of late." Knoland hands Rhiannon a key to his room at the inn...

Knoland tells Rhiannon about his journey from the north, and his latest encounter with a young dragon... a unbelievable story at that which resulted in him saving the beast from a trap. The two parted ways and the dragon swore him a debt before he vanished.
    @Latronis_Prime

Do we still have any Red Dragon Flank downstairs? You know we always celebrate Christmas in these parts with some spiced Dragon Flank.
    @Dragonspear I'd like to order two plates of Dragon flank? places several gold coins on the edge of the table...

OOC @IkMarc :/
    @Knoland
    Not sure if we have any currently. The alehouse hasn't been attacked by demons, dragons, undead or the like for awhile. We carved up the last dragon but that has been so many years I'm afraid we're running low. Maybe @Latronis_Prime will know more
  • Latronis_PrimeLatronis_Prime Member Posts: 28
    I'm afraid we are running a little low on dragon flank, LS went and shoo-ed the last one off with a newspaper. A shame too since i'm all out of dragon bile too.

I'll keep a weather ear open certainly, but for now I have a slave auction to get too.

Farewell for now
    And here I thought we FINALLY broke you of that habit last time. I see not even LS or myself are capable of redeeming you *sigh*.
    Knoland sips some more wine listening to the sweet music of Rhiannon's harp... He looks hungry and wonders if the Tavern has another choice of meat for his table?
    @Dragonspear I never paid for my room, hands (8) gold
    We have a good stew in stock atm. Been simmering for about a week now so it should be rich and tasty.

And thank you for your patronage.
  • DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
    "Hmm what i be needing is a fine Dwarf lass, someone to be keeping me warm like that large human n the lady bardess got going on over der" he says while addressing his ward Vincent, pointing at the two sitting a short distance from them.
    "But bah! trying to find a decent Dwarf lady on the road is like trying to find your arse with a telescope! ye can look all ye want but ye aint never gonna see your rear end"

Taking another sip of ale he looks at Vincent who was rolling his eyes to the Dwarfs comment.

"What ye be huffing about!? It be about time you go get yourself a lady an be popping that cherry of yours!"
    Vincent blushes slightly and rubs his shoulder.
    "M-master Ebnar, please, I-i dont think.."

Ebnar cuts the young Half-Elf short with a smack on the arm.
    "Bah! that be your problem! Always overthinking it! But ye with your limp frame will be getting attached to them too quick n be driving them off!"

Both the Dwarf and Vincent are interupted by the Axe poistioned on the table suddenly humming and shooting up and sticking in the ceiling, both glare up and look at the weapon the Dwarfs face angry and the Half-Elf confused.

"Ye rust covered axe! i be saying 'attached' NOT 'attack'! cant ye be telling the diffrence!!?"

Vincent shuffles uncomftably, "Oh not this again..." he sighs,

Ebnar begins to crawl onto the stool to try and reach the lodged axe but proves unable to reach it, cursing and spitting he jumps up to grab it but the axe still alludes his grasp and the Dwarf tumbles down onto the stool and ground a loud crash ringing. Vincent trys his hardest to restrain himself from laughing at the Dwarfs unfortunate landing.

"Ah....you well master?" he manages to get out with a straight face.

Ebnar pushes himself up and begins shouting curses at the axe, some in Dwarvish some in common, none very pleasant. ".....and if ye dont get your sorry excuse of an arse down ere now i'll be chuking ye on the scrap heap!!" the Axe dousnt move to his assault of words.