Skip to content

Alaundo's Alehouse I (Part RP, Part OT, Come relax and have fun)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited December 2012
    @Dragonspear I'll take care of this. @IkMarc, I am the Moderator for this section. Cease and desist. I am deleting your posts. Keep it up and you might get banned.
    edited December 2012
    With a chuckle, Rhiannon whispers something to Knoland, then smiles brightly. "I, too, have fought a dragon- a green, yet only a small one, hardly more than a baby. Vicious, for all that, as Green Dragons often are, but almost greater than the threat of the Dragon was its lair, in the swampy jungle. One might have thought it better suited for a black dragon. its lower half was brown from all the mud, and its treasure took quite a bit of time to wash clean. But it had some very nice coin and some uncut gems, as well as a beautiful little necklace. Not magical, but very well-made."
    Post edited by LadyRhian on
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    *Looks up at the Axe from Ebnar and chuckles under her breath trying to decide how and if she should help him or just keep watching out of amusement.*

Also @LadyRhian thank you. And that would explain why we almost never see you anywhere else on the forums anymore.
  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    edited December 2012
    Knoland stares at the dwarf Ebnar and his ward with amusement while doing so he says to Rhiannon, "Perhaps our Dwarven friend should purchase some of the services of this fine Alehouse?" Knoland laughs a bit and refills Rhiannon and his glass.. (Knoland starts to feel intoxicated.. with obvious changes he tries to adjust himself)...
    Post edited by Knoland on
    @Dragonspear I don't have time, between running the games, my job and my life, to go around reading most/all of the threads any more. Plus, I was hesitant about throwing my weight around for fear of being seen as an abusive moderator. Trust me when I say that recent events have made me reconsider that. :P
    edited December 2012
    Rhiannon leans forward and speaks to Knoland seriously, touching his forehead. The two murmur to each other for a bit before Rhiannon laughs, her golden eyes gleaming. She continues on seriously once more, then gets up to speak with @Dragonspear. "Do you have a bathing room? I fear our friend must rid himself of a fever, and a cool bath would be the best way to accomplish such. If not a bathing room, a tin tub in his room should suffice."
    Post edited by LadyRhian on
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    LadyRhian said:

@Dragonspear I'll take care of this. @IkMarc, I am the Moderator for this section. Cease and desist. I am deleting your posts. Keep it up and you might get banned.

OOC: I was roleplaying Noober in the tavern and since you are all so agitated it seems I played my role well.
    @IkMarc You were being disruptive, which is against the rules of this forum.
    @LadyRhian

Sure thing, just down the hall at the far end on the right. Careful though the water is kept steaming hot.

OOC: Ya I've greatly reduced my posts as well between work and other games. I normally stick to just general and this forum trying to help where I can. And you're not the only person I know of that is hesitant to use their power but in the last week or so have felt the need to use it =/
    As the Alehouse grows quiet... a few patrons swear they can hear the muffled sounds of a man groaning coming from above them...? very odd
    Knoland makes his way back to his table his body feeling renewed and fully healed.. "A strong honey mead if you have it?" He asks the barkeep.

"And anything you have cooking that will fill my stomach.."

Knoland places a few coins on his table and laces up his boots...
  • HaggardBlazeHaggardBlaze Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2012
    "shhhh, it's ok" Haggard coo's while petting a trembling Yumi, "I wont let any of these mean people turn you into dinner " she nods then glares at the other patrons of the alehouse.

Haggard then pours Yumi another dish of whiskey, which she again gulps down letting out a little spout of flame in the process.

"well, i guess i can sing another song"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqba0IUdiBk
    Relax Yumi we mean you know harm. We only use dragon flank from dragons whom have attempt to cause harm to the alehouse and/or its patrons.

Speaking of Happy Solstice, Merry Christmas, or whatever other breed of insanity you prefer. And good news, it appears I had some remaining dragon flank in the freezer of endless holding. May the feasting commence.

*claps her hands and the kobolds and goblins happily get back to working and bringing out the winter feast for the patrons*

While the food is on the house, please remember to tip the help. I only pay them a gold a month and they need to eat too beyond all the free food I give them.
    Knoland slices a large chunk of dragon flank and swallows it nearly whole... "What a glorius feast".. Knoland tips the help.

Knoland asks for another honey mead...
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    An elderly man in a faded red robe sits at a corner table. He cuts at a large slice of meat with a curvy knife, the hilt inset with a number of gems. The mans face crinkles up in stern concentration as the dagger continually fails to carve into the meat at all. The man seems to get more and more frustrated, even beginning to mumble to himself under his breath.

"Never trust a goblin...Dagger of extreme cutting my sweet pattootee..."

He pauses, blinks his eyes and scans the room.

"My pardon ladies."
    Knoland stands up and brushes off bits of food crumbs from his lap and wipes the juices of meat from his unshaven face... Knoland walks over to the elderly man fumbling with his knife. "Here use this" Knoland pulls out a large silver dagger from his belt. "This knife could cut the beard off a black dragon." Knoland sets the dagger down beside elderly man and gives him a kind nod. Knoland walks toward the steps and heads back to his chambers.
    The man purses his lips as he looks over the dagger given him by the barbarian. "Who would want to cut a black dragon's beard" he wonders. No matter, it could cut his meat, and that was good enough for him. The old man gave the dagger a try, slicing cleanly through his large piece of red dragon meat. He smiles as it cuts through like a hot knife through butter.

"Don't make em like this anymore." He chuckles.

With that he tosses the jewel encrusted dagger aside, and begins to chew on a thin slice of meat.
  • DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
    Ebnar glares up at his prized axe lodged firmly into the wooden beam, he grumbles to himself while scratching his beard, he notices his young ward still trying to hide his laughter, angrily the Dwarf snaps his head around to him.

"Oh! be finding it funny does ye boy? well ye the one getting it down!!"

"Huh? but ho-"

Before Vincent can finish his sentence Ebnar grabs him and raises him up by grabbing the young Half-Elf around his legs and hoisting him up with remarkble ease. The balance of the both of them was done with less grace and both began swaying back and forth.

"Be holding still ye fool boy!! just be reaching up and grab it!"

The Dwarf barks, nervously Vincent glares up at the Axe and slowerly extends his hands, though the axe was still too far from his grasp.

"Its...its too far master! cant you just g-get someone tall to do it?"

Grunting the Dwarf throws the Half-Elf up catching him by the feet and raising him up so he was resting his feet on the Dwarfs shoulders.

"Dont be such a wimpering child! just be reaching up and pulling it out!!"

Vincent sighs and trys again to grab at the axe, with his extended leverage balancing on the Dwarfs shoulders he manages to wraps both hands around the axes shaft, suprised and pleased Vincent grins and looks down at his Dwarven mentor.

"Ive got it master! ive got it!"

Grunting Ebnar slaps the side of the Half-Elfs leg and grips tight around his ankles.

"Well what ye waiting for fool boy!? pull! PULL!!"

Ebnar's roaring startles Vincent slightly as he quickly turns his gaze back up at the weapon, trying desperatly not to lose his grip of it or lose his balance. Both begin heaving and puffing, pulling with both their comblined might, the axe shakes a little to the traumor but dousnt reliquish its hold of the beam. Growing more angry the Dwarf snarls and puffs heavier.

"PULL BOY PULL!!!" the Dwarf barked

"I'm trying master! it wont let go!"

"Let go ye blasted peice of junk!" Ebnar's face growing more redder.

"let go?" Vincent inquired curiously.

"Aye, the axe!"

"Let go of the axe?" confused Vincent loosen his grip.

"No! ye fool boy! the axe let go! not ye let go!" Ebnar punchs his wards boot on his shoulder.

"Oh, So hold on?"

"Aye! the axe need let go!"

"Let go? okay"

"NO!"

A horrid crash as both Half-Elf and Dwarf go flying back landing on one of the Alehouse tables tilting it sideways and sending a flurry of freshly cut meat flying through the air splattering against the wall, Ale's, meads and wine spilling and smashing on the floor. As the ongoing chaos silences a muffling can be heard, Vincent who was sitting up straight on the broken table glances around confused and worried from causing the mess, he also seemed in a daze. He suddenly yells as his lifted up, Ebnar being trapped under him. The Dwarfs face was redder than it has ever been as he tosses his ward off of him onto the Alehouse floor, landing with a bump on the hard surface. Ebnar pushes himself up, his armor and beard covered in the remains of someones dinner and drink, a single slab of meat slowerly unsticking from his cheek. Vincent grows pale and begins a slow crawl backwards.

"I-i-i-m SO s-s-sorry m-master! i t-t-though you said l-let g-g-go!"

Pushing himself up Ebnar breaths heavily, pushing the remains of the table to one side, veins forming in his neck and a crazed look in eyes.

"YE FOOL POX RIDDEN GOOD FOR NOTHING GUTTER BRAT!! ALL YE HAD TO WAS HOLD ON....!"

The Dwarfs raging continues for sometime only interrupted with Vincent trying desperatly to apologise and yelp as he doges the Dwarf's attempt to grab him...
    The old man watches the Dwarf and half-elf with some amusement.
    "Leave it to a dwarf to get an axe stuck in the ceiling. Never would have happened in my adventuring days, now Kundar Barrelchest, that was a dwarf who could hold on to an axe. Lodged in his skull it was." The old man sighs, lost in his memories.
    As the meat falls to the floor the old mans face turns to one of disappointment.
    "Such a waste, young people these days, no respect for fine cuisine."
    Ebnar ceases his chase of his ward and storms up to the old wizard at his table and slams his fists into the table.

"I nay be young ye damn finger wagling skirt wearing wizard! I be three centuries into me prime!!"

Snorting Ebnar glares coldy at his ward and then at his lodged axe still in its same postion, it almost seemed like it was mocking him, he thrusts his arm up at it.

"Return! Return!! RETURN ye damnable cursed peice of scrap!!"

The axe hums slightly but remains in its position, Enraged the Dwarf throws a mug up at it which bounces off the beam and clangs to the floor. Throwing his arms up Ebnar turns around and begins raging to himself.

"Hells with ye then! ye can rot up there! im nay gonna upturn this damn Inn any longer for a worn out peice of-"

Before he can finish his sentence the Axe hums and shoots down from the beam (taking a sizable chunk of the wood frame with it) and crashes into the back of the Dwarfs head sending him falling forward, fortuntly only striking the unforturnate Dwarf with the blunt end, all the same Vincent sees the display and takes a few steps back neverously.

"Oh dear..." he manages to get out.

Pushing himself up Ebnar grabs the axe and begins swinging it around wildly his face no less redder than before, possibly even more so if such a thing was possible.

"Now ye obey!!? NOW YE OBEY!!? I SAID 'UPTURN' NOT 'RETURN'!! YE NAY EVEN OBEY ON THE RIGHT COMMANDS!!!"

Furious the Dwarf begins slaming it into the the remains of the table, swearing and cursing in a fury that would make even the the most uncouth sailor blush. Vincent ducks behind a pillar and covers his ears as bits of wood and food go splittering past him.
    edited December 2012
    Knoland walks back down the stairs of the Alehouse and watches in disbelief as the half-elf and dwarf fall to the ground... "I'll get it" Knoland yells out with a boom. His large frame suited perfectly for the job. However Ebnar jumps to his feet faster than Knoland can react. Knoland finds a chair and observes the spectacle with his horn filled with honey-mead.
    Post edited by Knoland on
    The elderly man squints his eyes and scrunches up his face as he looks at the Dwarf. His eyebrows raise as the fists hammer on his table, and for a moment he simply stares at Ebnar. The moment passes however and he sighs seemingly to himself.

"Age is relevant my dear Dwarf. All a matter of ones perspective. I have met elves centuries old that are still as children, and men barely past their twentieth year wise beyond measure."

He pauses taking a pipe from inside the folds of his robe.

"In fact I believe given the choice I would trust the boys wisdom," He waves a hand toward the half-elf. "Over your own on this occasion. Perhaps if you were to give him a chance he might prove himself more useful than you imagine."

He takes a bit of tabbacco from a pouch, fills his pipe and lights it. He puts the pipe to his lips, then seems to have a thought. Lowering the pipe he narrows his eyes, meeting the dwarves own.

"A wager perhaps? Toss the axe back into the ceiling beam, and I'll stake a coin the boy can retrieve it."

He sits back and takes a puff on the pipe.
    Ebnar stops his bashing of the axe on the busted broken table, he keeps a heavy breath going, despite his assult the axe has taken no noticble damage and slowerly stops its hum. Gritting his teeth the Dwarf glares at the old wizard, his axe firmly gripped in hand.

"Ye want me to put it back up in the ceiling!? an rely on me soft headed ward to retrive it no less!?"

Pasuing, the Dwarf turns and looks at Vincent who was only just emerging from behind the pillar, a look of terror still on his face. Turning, Ebnar looks back at the old wizard and lets out laugh.

"Hah! ye two gold peices short of a full purse wizard! only thing he be good for is pack mule and he nay very good at that! HAHA!"

Slapping his thigh, Ebnar blurts out a harsh mocking laugh. He stops suddenly and begins swinging his returned axe in hand, he then eyes up the old wizard.

"Alright old man, if ye be wanting a bet, ye on, but we gonna be raising the stakes, 500 gold be saying me fool of a ward can nay retrive it! what say ye?"

Ebnar folds his arms and smirks, sure in his descion. Vincent grows incresinly more worried and approaches the two, rubbing his hands togeather.

"Oh i d-dont think t-that is such a g-good idea sir..."

Before he can continue, Ebnar raises his hand, gesturning for his ward to be silent.

"Now now boy! the old wizard ere challenged me to a bet! dont be so quick to dismiss someone putting some faith in ye!"

Ebnar coldy grins and looks back at the wizard.

"Its his gold afterall, if he be wanting to lose it, who am i to argue?"

Laughing again, Ebnar leans on his table and leers at him.

"Less he aint got the stones now the wager been raised that is?"

Vincent watches the gesture, he rubs his shoulder and looks at the old man, clearly worried about his response, he looks up at where the axe had been lodged and brushes his hair back.
    The old man seems to ponder the Dwarf's offer, taking a few puffs of his pipe as he does so.

"500 gold pieces? A tidy sum..."

The old man takes his time looking the boy over, seeming to attempt and get his measure. At last he nods slowly to himself.

"I put my faith only in those whom I feel deserve it. Let us hope this boy lives up to it."

The old man sticks out a bony hand toward the Dwarf to shake.

"The wager is struck then."

The old man sits back, an odd smile on his lips.

"Make your mother proud boy." He winks at Vincent.
    Laughing Ebnar shakes the old wizards hand, he then turns a coldy grins at his ward.

"Well then lad, lets be seeing what ye got aye?"

Ebnar arches his arm back and uses considerable force to launch the axe upwards, an almost deafning hum echoes as the weapon flys from the Dwarfs hand and lodges itself deep in a wooden beam even further up than the previous. A sly grin creeps onto the Dwarfs face, he turns and looks at the old wizard and shrugs.

"Oops, guess his got his work cut out for him now"

Still grinning the Dwarf takes a seat at the same table as the old wizard and begins tapping his finger on the table, he tilts his head and looks to his ward.

"Well? get to it then boy!"

Vincent gulps deeply, he trys to force a smile out to the old wizard but finds himself unable to, pehaps blaming him for putting him in this situation, he finally sighs deeply.

"O-okay i'll try.."

He glares up at the axe and ponders to himself, he decides for a direct approach first, standing on a nearby table and attempting to jump up to grab it, each attempt comes up short and he tumbles to the ground, sometimes landing on his feet other times face first. The Dwarf's laughter could be heard inbetween each attempt.

"Hah! this is almost too easy! dont be worrying wizard i'll be sure to put ye gold to some use, namley Ale and wenches! haha!" the Dwarf blurts out rudley.

Vincent scowls at his mentor and thinks of another approach he can take. He begins stacking chairs upon the nearby table forming a rather unstable tower which he slowerly begins crawling up, he gulps a few times as he thinks the poorly contructed tower is about to fall but luckily it remains sturdy. He finally reaches the top and slowerly stands up trying desperatly not to loose his balance. He reaches out to grab the hilt, as he nears it the axe hums signaling the Half-Elfs touch approaching, despite the closeness however he is a few inchs from gripping it. Taking a leap of faith the young Half-Elf begins to tip toe, the chair built tower begins to swoon madly.

"Hah! dont be falling boy! thats a looong way to drop for a lil limp framed Half-Elf! Haha!"

Vincent thinks about turning and countering his Dwarven mentors heckling but thinks better of it in his current state. He stretches as hard as he can, his tounge sticking out signaling him being in deep concentration, just as his fingers tap along the shaft the chair stacks collapse. Yelping the young Half-Elf leaps up and grabs a hold of the axe which causes him to dangle there, the axe unmoving.

"R-release! Release!" he begins shouting up at the axe. The axe dousnt respond.

"It be no use boy! its a Dwarven enchanted weapon! know what that means? it means it dont respond to any but a Dwarfs commands! Ye have a better chance pulling a tree from its roots than that" The Dwarf says before rolling into another laughter, knowing full well before the bet was made his young ward had no chance of removing it without a Dwarf assistance.

"Face it ye fool boy! Ye lost! Ye aint any leverage to pull out from there even if ye could!"

Vincent begins to panic, he trys to pull on it but being stuck hanging from the very same weapon he was trying to free leaves him little strength to use in pulling. He bows his heard, admitting defeat, he hangs there his head lowered pehaps feeling bad he let the old wizard down.

"Hah! i knew it! i win!" the Dwarf snorts and laughs, he turns and looks at the wizard, "That'll be 500 gold old man...!"

Vincent suddenly gets a spark of an idea, he remembers the sword the Elven Stalker gave him earlier was still around his waist. Using his right hand he reaches down and draws it from his sheath, in his current predicament he finds it hard to draw but manages to lift it up and dig it into the side of the beam, he slowerly begins cutting around the edges of the axe, his blows are clumsey and not too precise but slowerly he begins making progress, wood chippings begin breaking off from his blows, the display draws the Dwarfs attention back up, he scowls at his wards progress. The young Half-Elf begins making considarable progress cutting through the beam but takes a too big of a swing which knocks the blade from his hand, it falls to the ground narrowly missing a tavern patron, quickly he grabs a hold of the axe shaft again, clinging for his life.

"Good attempt boy but no dice!" the Dwarf grins.

Vincent takes a deep breath and begins hopping up and down using all his weight on the axe, after several attempts the clear sound of cracking wood can be heard, his grunting becomes more vocal as he uses ever ounce of strength to pull down on the axe, with a mighty shout from the young Vincent the beam cracks allowing the Axe to be released. Both Half-Elf and Axe fall landing on Ebnar who curses and spits as he yet again finds himself trapped under his ward, he pushes Vincent off him who clutches the axe victoriously a wide grin on his face, for the first time the Dwarf seems a lost for words.

"Thats....thats nay fair! he done cut the beam out! Thats nay allowed! the....the deal was he go n pull it free nay cut it out!" the Dwarf argues, still being half in shock.
    The old man smiles slyly at the boy Vincent and gives him a wink.

"I believe that the bet was wether or not he could retrieve the axe, something I'd say he accomplished."

He eyes the Dwarf, and grins.

"Never met a Dwarf that would welch on a bet, and you seem an honest noble Dwarf if ever I met one. So about that gold..."

Holds out his hand.

"Aye... The old man speaks true!" Knoland stands up and claps his hands for poor Vincent... "Better pay up" Knoland flexes his muscles a bit while smiling at Ebnar...
    *The barkeep and her elven stalker bouncer smile at the young lad as he fulfills his quest.*

Remember my good short friend, strength of arms or hardiness of belly are not the only ways to accomplish a goal. Sometimes intellect and wisdom are even more valuable in your endeavors.

Of course, I could use said strength of arms in cleaning up the mess you've made of the aleroom.
  • Latronis_PrimeLatronis_Prime Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2012
    I return with a solution to our dragon dearth woes.

Behind the the mage stood what might possibly be an attractive girl.. under all the dirt.. wearing little more than rags, the once smooth skin of her wrists and ankles bruised and broken from the shackles no longer apparant.

What tyrannical lizard can resist a virgin sacrifice!
    edited December 2012
    Oh my god @Latronis_Prime what did you do to this poor woman.

*sighs cursing Latronis's crazy schemes yet again and does her best to patch the young woman up.*

I told you, you evil magelet. Cease your insanity. No more virgin sacrifices or else im banishing your imp back to the 9 hells for 100 years. We have enough trouble that manages to plague this alehouse without you conspiring like a red wizard to bring us more.

Alas, friends before brains. Sometimes we must even question the wisdom of the Alehouse steward.

*Mutters as she helps the young woman, Mystra help me for my friends sometimes*