Skip to content

Bodhi didn't kidnap Jaheira....

So, yeah. I;m in a romance with Jaheira and I have just pretty much finished Chapter 7 SoA (everything done except Suldanessellar and Hell) but I managed to get to and through the final battle with Bodhi without Jaheira getting kidnapped/vamped/killed. I don't know why. Bodhi never took her. According to EEKeeper, the JaheiraRomanceActive is set to '1' and the dialog was fine, up until the battle with Bodhi. (No idea if it's still fine, as I only just finished.)

Anyone know if I am ok or if I have to fiddle with a variable? It seems odd, since Jaheira was never kidnapped by bandits, either, but we did do the Baron Ployer/Hapers quests.

Thanks!

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    I think a romance has to have progressed to a certain point for the NPC to get kidnapped. Jaheira's romance is particularly long, so it's possible that you just weren't far enough along.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    That's true—I believe Jaheira's romance ends sometime after ToB.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    nope the romance must be finished in SOA to continue on to the ToB section. you didn't disagree with her did you? or be be slightly nice to another ffemale? (two things she's very touchy about).
  • KCopelandKCopeland Member Posts: 1
    I believe the romance variable needs to be 2 for an NPC to be snatched by Bohdi. The variables are: 1= early stage/flirting, 2= committed romance, and 3= no romance/romance ended.

Google BG2 romance, there are several guides out there that list all the lovetalks, how to trigger them, and when a romance reaches stage 2. Jaheira's romance is a complicated one , and some lovetalks can be missed, stalling the romance.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited January 2015
    Jaheira being kidnapped by bandits is required for the romance to progress. I think resting outdoors triggers it, which is something many players never do, so you have to make a point of doing it until the bandits appear. (Aerie's romance has one of those "sleeping outside" points in it, too.)

There is also an amulet you have to buy for her by talking to a specific merchant on the docks. Again, it's a random merchant that most players would never talk to if they played 1000 times.

Consulting a walkthrough is a very good idea.
  • withnailwithnail Member Posts: 67
    Belgarath, I have been using a walkthrough step by step. Already did the amulet and Baron Ployer quests. Also rested outside over and over to trigger the kidnapping. The love dialogs are still progressing, so clearly the romance hasn't stalled. I guess it's possible that it started late and hasn't progressed far enough?
    wubble said:

nope the romance must be finished in SOA to continue on to the ToB section. you didn't disagree with her did you? or be be slightly nice to another ffemale? (two things she's very touchy about).

No, as I say, the romance is progressing. It's really odd. I'm thinking I'm just delayed, so I probably have to kick around Athkatla for a while.
    BTW, I also dealt with Galvarey.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited January 2015
    @withnail, if you've done all that, and the variable for the romance was showing a "1" when you checked, then something is very wrong.

Most of that stuff shouldn't even be possible without a romance variable of "2".

You might want to consider speeding up the clock on the romance dialogues via BG2 Tweaks.
    They're coming fast and furious. I just did LD 27. I am tempted to use EEKeeper to move the romance variable to 2 and see what the next LD is.
    Just as I thought. It revered to LD 12, right after the bandit attack. It seems as if, somehow, I moved forward with the LD, but the bandits never attacked. I don't really understand how this happened.
    If I remember rightly (and i might not as i've just got back from the pub) jaheira's romance talks go into the 70s.
    LD38 is the last one, according to the walkthrough I am using.
    Are you using the console to find those values or just finding the relevant conversation on the internet?
    A really good walkthrough and EEKeeper.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,739
    First and foremost, @KCopeland‌ is right: the romance variable needs to be 2 for an NPC to be snatched by Bohdi.

In terms of Jaheira, only after the 57th LoveTalk JaheiraRomanceActive becomes = 2.

Jaheira's romance in SoA lasts till LT=70.

As about a romance guide, I advice to use BG2: SoA Romancing Guide by Extremist from http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_tips.php
    bengoshi said:

First and foremost, @KCopeland‌ is right: the romance variable needs to be 2 for an NPC to be snatched by Bohdi.

In terms of Jaheira, only after the 57th LoveTalk JaheiraRomanceActive becomes = 2.

As about a romance guide, I advice to use BG2: SoA Romancing Guide by Extremist from http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_tips.php

That's the one I use as well
    bengoshi said:

How's this for weird...In using the CLUA console to check the LoveTalk variable, the answer I get is:
    "lua: call expression not a function
    Active Stack:
    Active Stack:"

WTF?
    Turns out I am at about LT55 so I suppose it's worth continuing on to see if perhaps I'm ok. No idea why it's taken so long (just started chapter 7), though. I'm not rushing through things, by any measure!