Skip to content

Baldur's Gate III

Did you guys hear the news that BG3 was in development. According to the news it will still be Infinity Eigene and it may take place sometime in between BG and BG2. Either way, as long as it's Infinity Eigene, I'll be great.
Let me know what you guys think

Comments

• jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127
    What kind of sorcery is this?
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    I think that blurb on IGN and a few other news outlets was a bit misleading and actually refers to 'Adventure Y'.

Article in question: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/09/new-baldurs-gate-game-to-bridge-gap-between-1-2
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited January 2015
    Paladin said:

I think that blurb on IGN and a few other news outlets was a bit misleading and actually refers to 'Adventure Y'.

Article in question: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/09/new-baldurs-gate-game-to-bridge-gap-between-1-2

Yep, Gamespot did the same thing. It's just Adventure Y. In fact, both articles explicitly say that there is nothing in the works regarding BG3, for now anyway.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Instead of Baldur's Gate III and Icewind Dale III, I'd personally rather like to see Frozenfar I. Or Gullykin I for that matter. But maybe that's just me...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2015
    I'd like to see a Shadowdale game*

*Not for any personal reasons that is for sure.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    So hard to find decent news nowadays...

It's surprising that journalists today can't check the source of the news - the Beamdog blog (http://www.beamdog.com/beamblog) itself where it's clearly written that "there’s nothing in the works yet regarding Baldur's Gate III" and the Adventure Y is simply called "an addition to the Baldur’s Gate line". And yet some sites have started to call the Adventure Y "a new Baldur's Gate game" (while we still don't 100% know if it is a separate game or not) or even "Baldur's Gate III".
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    I'd like to see some Waterdeep or Myth Drannor or Maztica Colonization game :)
  • SymphonyofSwordsSymphonyofSwords Member Posts: 40
    You end up as an epic character ascending to godhood. As much as I would like a continuation, the story is done.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    The bhaalspawn story is pretty much done I think most would agree. Although you could carry on and try to turn the 'Baldur's Gate' title into a franchise, like I think they tried with the Dark Alliance games.
    edited January 2015
    Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind playing a game based around Sarevok's journey after the events of throne of bhaal.
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind playing a game based around Sarevok's journey after the events of throne of bhaal.

I wouldn't mind playing anything on the sword coast. Maybe Nasty Neb's life story??

Or Thalantyr??

Or Bentley.....the options are too many aaaargh
    Wilson and Boo's Quest to save the animal kingdom from CHARNAME's evil familiar gone wild, imo.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited January 2015
    I want a new Al-Qadim game!
    The last one is really showing its age.
    Post edited by jackjack on
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    jackjack said:

I want a new Al-Qadim game!

Zakhara might indeed be interesting. But I'd demand the inclusion of enlightened Goblins from the Golden City of Huzuz as well. And playable Troglodytes. Yes... one can never go wrong with Troglodytes!
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Coutelier said:

The bhaalspawn story is pretty much done I think most would agree. Although you could carry on and try to turn the 'Baldur's Gate' title into a franchise, like I think they tried with the Dark Alliance games.

As you know, I have my thoughts on both sides of the franchise could be tied in to each other without undermining the original bhaalspawn saga but given the comparative lack of love for "Alliance" I doubt it has legs...

• CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282

Coutelier said:

As you know, I have my thoughts on both sides of the franchise could be tied in to each other without undermining the original bhaalspawn saga but given the comparative lack of love for "Alliance" I doubt it has legs...
    I keep meaning to play it, but although I still have my playstation I don't have a copy of it yet. Plus I have a huge number of other games on Steam that I haven't played yet. It's those damn sales.

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Either way, whether it be an add on to BG or an independent game in itself, I am looking forward to it.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    Coutelier said:

Coutelier said:

I keep meaning to play it, but although I still have my playstation I don't have a copy of it yet. Plus I have a huge number of other games on Steam that I haven't played yet. It's those damn sales.

As a hack & slash both are an absolute blast to play, as an RPG the story, such as it is, exists only to move you to the next dungeon but there's lots of potential to create workable character & NPC backstories to link back to the premise of the original & the cliffhanger ending is key to this plus it gives an opportunity in world expansion prior to the Spellplague.

• TommyKnox777TommyKnox777 Member Posts: 22
    Has anyone ever thought of merging all the areas from Bg, Bg2, Iwd I & II into one game?

Has it been brought up before? Is it possible?

To put something like that out, then continually add regions of Faerun to it would be absolutely epic...

Basically a huge open world map of the forgotten realms, no two playthroughs would be the same. I doubt I'd ever play another game.