Skip to content

2 companions threatening to leave unless I do their quests NOW!

Hi folks,

I picked up Hexxat, Nalia and Anomen. Did Hexxat's tomb quest. Then Nalia threatened to leave so I went to her keep. Then Anomen started threatening too.

He's threatened a few times now. His last words were 'My sisters body rots in the....' and then 'Then enough talk. Go! Travel onwards, for my patience is at an end'

This right in the middle of de'arnise keep... Have cleared 1st and 2nd floors and just gone on roof.

Seems very unreasonable to me. Both from Anomen and the game. :)

Unfortunately, much as I'd love tell Anomen he's quite welcome to join his sister's rotting corpse, I think I need him. Or his skills at least.

Any idea how long I can string him a long?

Or should I leave a companion's trapped father in the hands of partially defeated trolls while i attend a funeral? And hope she'll see this as a reasonable action.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Finish up the keep quest (its not that much longer) and then go do Anomen's thing.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,078
    Does Nalia stop pestering you after you go to her keep (even if you haven't completed the quest yet)? If so, you could go to the keep and then do Anomen's quest, I guess.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I think you can leave the de'Arnise keep partway through, at least for a while, as I remember being seriously deficient in the troll killing department once and going back to Athkatla to obtain more suitable weaponry (I know, how could I be short of fire/acid arrows etc.? Well I was short of an archer, full stop - another bad day at the office).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,739
    I always understood that you have to start an NPC's quest in order to please the NPC. You have to come to the appropriate place, make an appropriate dialogue and then you're free to do anything else.

So, you can go and start what An omen is asking, right away.Nalia's quest at this stage will wait.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Does the quest nagging timer freeze while the companion is dead? If so I imagine that could be a useful bandaid solution for these situations.
  • Halloween JackHalloween Jack Member Posts: 5
    Thanks guys,

I'm going to head off with Anomen. Nadia's father will just have to hang on being tortured for a couple of weeks. We've got hero work to do!

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Honestly you should just finish the keep. Its not that much longer and you can finish the final part without taking up much game time.
    Ok. Sold! I'd prefer to do it that way, makes much more sense.

I've made a save, so worse case scenario I can just go back to where I am now.

I don't think Boo would ever have forgiven me if I'd left Nalia's father in that situation.
  • OllmerOllmer Member Posts: 73
    You can safely "pause" Nalia's quest after you have spoken to her, ah, "acquaintance" (one of the first rooms after enetring The Keep).
    "acquaintance"
    "acquaintance"? are you suggesting there's a Lady Chatterley situation there?

I missed that. Hope it's true. Nice detail :)
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,078
    bengoshi said:

So, you can go and start what An omen is asking, right away.Nalia's quest at this stage will wait.

It's An omen of bad things to come when he demands that you do his quest.

I never noticed that before. Did you write his name that way on purpose?
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

Thanks guys,

Nadia's father will just have to hang on being tortured for a couple of weeks.

No he won't actually. But taking care of Anomen shouldn't make any difference.

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @Belanos - Dude, spoilers isn't fun.