Skip to content

+5 weapons

i was wondering if there are any +5 weapons that you can get before you reach the underdark. the main reason being i know there is a daemon that can only be hit by +5 and its feels cheap spamming melfs meteors at a daemon.

Comments

• AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    There are a few if you go to Watcher's Keep. You can also get the upgraded Mace of Disruption.
  • francis369francis369 Member Posts: 29
    thanks time for me to hunt some weapons then some daemons
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,078
    What daemon are you talking about? As far as I know Baldur's Gate 2 doesn't have any yugoloths. Are you talking about the balor (which is a demon, not a daemon)? I'm pretty sure it doesn't require +5 weapons to hit. I think it requires +2 or +3 or something like that.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    Sorcerer with Black Blade of Disaster? ¬_¬

On a more serious note, WK stuff, Everard's Sling and Carsomyr are probably your best bets.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    There's a sword at the Druid grove that hits as a +5 weapon; look for the Burning Earth longsword.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    You could just go Slayer on the Lesser Demon Lord.. If u are RPing evil, it would be the logical thing to do.
    playing as a fighter/thief multiclass so far i have mace of disruption +2, melfs meteors and cloak of stars. after i finish up the windspear hills area i will have carsomyr and enough capital for jerrods mace. any final suggestions before my daring rescue for poor imoen ?
    Carsomyr alone is probably enough. That weapon is so completely fair.
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    Well, you can get one of the pieces for Crom Faeyr, which is +5 (I think).
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited January 2015
    abazigal5 said:

Well, you can get one of the pieces for Crom Faeyr, which is +5 (I think).

Crom Faeyr is +5 but you can't get it before chapter 6. The only one of its components that is a weapon is the Hammer of Thunderbolts and it is only a +3 weapon.
    @francis369 Keep in mind Keldorn is the only person that can use Carsomyr aside from a paladin PC. Or anyone with UAI but you're not there yet.
    Luckily Keldorn also happens to be one of the best NPCs (if not the best), so all's good :P
    keldorn is also a dick ;P so im just going to wait out for UAI
    DreadKhan said:

If you think Keldorn is a dick, never, EVER use Anomen.

I am not ashamed to admit than in a decade of playing the game, not once have I picked him. He's the only character I would never ever ever consider in my party. Ever.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Unless you have Viconia in the party, I find Keldorn to be a pretty cool guy. Not Mazzy-levels of cool, but pretty cool. Anomen, on the other hand...
  • TidusTidus Member Posts: 86
    I played Anomen only once ever (I mean really play, no picking him up every week or so of game time to complete his personal quest), and I got so fed up with the guy I purposely led him to fail his trial on the next playthrough just so he would suffer... :wink:
    I never run a good party without Keldorn or Anomen. :smiley: I really don't care about their character, they are just so POWERFUL. :smiley:
    There are some prices that are simply too high.
    DreadKhan said:

Anomen is solid when you get him, but he really can't compete well, even buffed, in ToB. No fighter HLAs make him a sluggard in combat compared to warriors still gaining warrior abilities.

Jaheira is MUCH more powerful in ToB. Heck, maybe even better in SoA once you get a couple Druid levels she has some nasty spells to throw around. I would rather take a more well rounded character that doesn't aggravate my demeanor!

But that might be the mad wizard in me talking...

As much as I would like to try this, I kinda hate Jaheira.. :smiley: So in truth, I very much like Anomen and Keldorn. I don't even understand why people find Anomen so annoying.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Let's not beat that dead horse again.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    jackjack said:

Well, o n ethical grrounds, I cannot beat a live horse, only dead ones...
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    DreadKhan said:

jackjack said:

Well, o n ethical grrounds, I cannot beat a live horse, only dead ones...
    You'd be allowed to beat a live horse in a race.