Skip to content

draw upon forum's might

hello, everyone!
I'm planning a no-reload rp-heavy run of BG2 with a 5e Fey Blade Warlock (actually a dragon disciple modded into one as much as EEkeeper can manage) charname... the idea is that is patron was the being that granted an improved invisibility spell and saved his skin from Sarevok's ambush (along with Gorion sacrifice, obviously).
Other rules of the run are:
- minimal and 'appearance consistent' equipment (colour match, story related etc.)
- 'unique' spells (only one arcane caster will ever get that particular spell)
- no more than 1 summon at a time
- a few npc will get more experience via EEkeeper when recruited to reflect their backstory, and I will mod their proficiency points accordingly (aka, Anomen will still get his pips in spear but not both mace and war hammer)
- quest line will follow story line, no 'item fishing'
- permadeath allowed if meaningful rp-wise (aka, Imoen can get chunked by a dragon not by random thief no.1037)

So, why am I boring you with this?
because I need your help!
the pieces I'm missing to start this run as intended are charname's pact items:

Blade of (EEkeeper in game at character level 3)
[Embarl's Dagger look]
Description: This weapon is attuned to Charname's blood, and only he may use it. The blade is made of an unknown dark metal, but with silvery edges.
Type: dagger
THACO: +1 (strikes as a +5)
Damage: 1d6+1 slashing (melee) or 1d6+1 piercing (ranged)
Special: this weapon counts as silvered, and does double damage agains lychantropes
Equipped Abilities: 1 extra attack per round, +10% chance of a critical hit
Charge abilities: Shield (as per the level 1 spell), three times a day

Armour of Fey Majesty (EEkeeper in game at character level 7)
[Bladesinger Chain look]
Description: This armour is attuned to Charname's blood, and only he may use it. More a suit than anything else, this simple but fine cloth partially sheds any kind of physical damage that may hit his wearer.
AC: 7 (4 missile)
Equipped Abilities: 25% physical damage resistance, Non-detenction

Boots of the Feywild (EEkeeper in game at character level 12)
[Boots of Elvenkind look]
Description: This item is attuned to Charname's blood, and only he may use it. These are just as comfortable as the look...
Equipped Abilities: AC bonus 2, Free Action

Gloves of Eldritch Admixture (EEkeeper in game at character level 20)
[Wondrous Gloves look]
Description: This item is attuned to Charname's blood, and only he may use it. These slick gloves provide for any kind of material component needed for arcane magics, and help the wearer by quickening his casting process.
Equipped abilities: Improve Casting Speed by 4

Now, since my game runs on Mac and I haven't the faintest idea if I can even get Near infinity to work... would any of you amazing people be so kind as to help a fellow out? :)

Comments

• TidusTidus Member Posts: 86
    so, I got NI and java but also this 'nice' surprise...
    Am I doing something wrong?
    :neutral_face:
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I don't know why EEKeeper could fudge over items in the override folder... How did you name those items? Did you edit the dialog.tlk with NI?
    maybe, but then again how would remove the item files from the override folder fix it (I just did)?
    My head hurts...

would you please make one of those and attach it to this thread? I'll copy it to my override folder and see what happens...

you are most kind @CrevsDaak‌, thank you again!
    thank you, @CrevsDaak‌!
    but I'm afraid a terrible joke has been plaid upon me by the dice Gods... I can find and read the file via EEkeeper once I place it in my override folder but as I load the saved game, I only find exactly 7 gold pieces in my armour slot :neutral_face:
    Has anyone ever tried to use NI with mac? I'm no technician but this strikes me as a 'language' conflict: EEKeeper, being a bundle of 'windows' file recognise this item with no issue whatsoever, while the game can't process it because it's 'born' in iOS...

anyway, thanks again for the support!
    I'll make it work without custom items! :wink:
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    maybe wineskin it?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Tidus‌ actually it's a bug in EEKeeper that is assigning your characters gold pieces. I'd recommend using the script method I suggested early.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    There's trouble with adding custom items to BG:EE? You know, when I was playing Improved Anvil a while back and finding new ways to cheat, I realized that I could add custom items into the game without triggering Improved Anvil's anti-cheating scripts by taking the item file and changing its name to that of an in-game item. So I would add an .ITM file for (say) a suit of armor to the override folder and rename it as BOOK12 or some such, and then every instance of that book in the game would be a suit of armor instead. It would just appear normally in the game, without requiring an editor or CLUAConsole.

Would that be at all possible in BG:EE? Or does it not work that way?
    @CrevsDaak‌ I'll try it out that way later (I'm on running late for work now :wink:)
    @semiticgod‌ I tried renaming the item file to 'CHAN12.ITM' but then both EEKeeper AND the game would actually recognise the original... I feel a lot like Xan right now! :neutral_face:

Anyhoo, thank you both!
    edited January 2015
    just testing image sizes... :smiley:
    [spoiler][image/spoiler]
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Images sizes look fine :) Let the story begin... :smiley:
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Maybe a new thread would be best