Skip to content

Removing NPCs DLC on Steam

I enjoy the E. editions, but I think that new NPCs are extremly out of place. Yes, they're optionals, but some of them have "forced itroduction", so to speak.

Can I remove them on Steam? BGEE and BG2EE.

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Doubt it, you can just ignore them though.
  • JoshBGJoshBG Member Posts: 91
    I see, bummer.
  • VahnXIIIVahnXIII Member Posts: 33
    I don't use any of the new NPC's. I don't have any issues with them, in fact I might be one of the few that enjoy their presence. Like wubble said, you can just ignore them.
  • JoshBGJoshBG Member Posts: 91
    edited January 2015
    You are forced to interact with Neera(if she's spotted you) and Dorn. Dorn is especially annoying with his encounter; "Wait, are you(character name)? I've heard of your prowess."

Really, I just got here straight from Candlekeep, without doing any quests(or doing anything at all, really).

It's very annoying when an additional content of questionable value is being forced on you.

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    And Rasaad is easy to kill. You can even sell his boots.
    Only Neera is truly forced upon you, and yeah, it does get grating.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Well, Sarevok hired every mercenary on the Sword Coast to kill you, no surprise Dorn might have heard something about you IMHO. You are not exactly unheard of among the less pleasant folk.

Neera I think would need a mod, thought I expect that would not be a huge thing to make that event not trigger.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I haven't tried this, but if you move just close enough to see Neera but not trigger her dialog then you could probably zap her with a Ctrl-Y and never have to deal with her intro at all. The same goes for Dorn if you axe him in the Friendly Arm, and for Rasaad in Nashkel. It's worth a try if you really don't like having to deal with them.
  • CrowseyeCrowseye Member Posts: 28
    edited January 2015
    I'm not sure how Steam and overrides work/if it's different from other versions of the game. You can check out this thread here for a mod that appears to do what you're looking for in BGEE:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30322/bg-ee-mod-disable-ee-npcs-ee-items-available-in-shops

I know that in my non-Steam version of BGEE I was able to remove them by editing the relevant lines out of the area scripts using Near Infinity and stick the recompiled scripts (they should have a BCS extension) in my override folder.

AR0200, AR0900, AR1102, AR2300, AR2301 (Friendly Arm 1st Floor), AR2900 (Larswood), AR3300 (Beregost), AR4800 (Nashkel), AR5500 were the areas I found whose scripts had material related to the new NPCs when comparing with the scripts from the original game. I haven't gone through BG2EE yet.

Modding the scripts for AR2301 (Dorn), AR2900 (Baeloth), AR3300 (Neera), and AR4800 (Rasaad) may be sufficient for most purposes ... if you can't/don't pick them up related events and NPCs shouldn't trigger AFAIK.

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    DreadKhan said:

Well, Sarevok hired every mercenary on the Sword Coast to kill you, no surprise Dorn might have heard something about you IMHO. You are not exactly unheard of among the less pleasant folk.

Neera I think would need a mod, thought I expect that would not be a huge thing to make that event not trigger.

Neera just needs a dagger to the back before she initiates her conversation of bamdits.