Skip to content

Dumb question re: how to use the patch. Also, cheating.

Hey folks,

I used to play the hell out of this game in middle school. Downloaded BG2EE for my mac back in November. Two bugs: can't open Anomen's gear, and Windspear Hills isn't on the map.

Hoping the patch will help! I'm on a mac. How do I use the patch?

Also remembering that sometimes I would go nuts with item and gold cheats... How you you do that with this version of the game?
Thanks for your help! This is the best game ever!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hello, @howardge and welcome to the forum! Here we all hail the great BG : )

The problems you're telling about sound like bugs. You should make bug reports in the appropriate sections of the forum.

As for the cheats, which cheats in particular do you mean? : ) Also, it would be superb if Mac users come to this thread ; )
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    It really depends on where you bought the game... If from the Mac App Store, the App Store itself will tell you when a patch is available and then apply it. If directly from Beamdog then the game client you used to install the game will check for updates and warn you when one is available.