Skip to content

Viconia Revamped for BG2:EE

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
edited July 2022 in BGII:EE Mods
From now on my LaViconia SHOULD work on BG2EE...so yes, you have a new alternative thief for your team.

NOTE: The mod was updated and renamed - now it's called Viconia Revamped:
https://downloads.weaselmods.net/download/viconia-revamped/
Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
JuliusBorisovvigovilingarFandraxx

Comments

• MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    edited July 2022
    @LavaDelVortel I am doing some testing with your mod installed after F&P.

I think F&P has been updated and the installation of the Darkcloak of Shar (multi or dual-class) is skipped :

//SKIPPING: [Viconia Revamped -> Multi-class: Darkcloak of Shar]
    // Requires the Acolyte of Shar component from "Faiths and Powers".

I may also use NPC_EE or Enable Dual-classing into Kits to modify Viconia. Those mods are going to be installed very late in the install order (and after Viconia Rewamped) . Does Viconia is going to lose all the class changes brought by your mod ? :

- her new animation to that of an elven thief (hooded sprite)
    - Holy Symbol of Shar
    - New 1st level "Hand of Shar" (to improve one thieving ability for a short time).
    - Add special ability: Embrace of Shar
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    I have no idea and I can't assure compatibility with mods that change her kit and/or class. I wouldn't recommend using this mod with huge setups. Even if she keeps some stuff, I can imagine you may end up with a mix of changes that were never meant to be used together.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Thanks for the answer.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Hi Lava, I hope you're doing well. I just wanted to report that I tried installing v.7 and I didn't get the option to install component B (change portrait). Thanks as always for your hard work!
    What game have you tried to install it on? :)
    BG EE on Windows 10. The only other mods I'd had installed at that point were the IWD/IWD2 voice packs. The portrait option just never came up during the install. It's okay for me as I can change portraits and colours using the override folder and EE Keeper, but I thought you might be interested in my report.
    Last question: bgee with or without sod? :)
    2.6, without SOD. I installed the cleric/mage class, if that is in any way helpful.
    Thanks :) Argent already told me what seems to be the problem. Will upload a fixed version once I test a thing or two :)
    You're welcome, and thanks for all you do!
    Out of curiosity, will this mod - along with your others - work on a Mac?
    I have no idea and I doubt it will without additional changes from the user. I do not use or work on Macs... Sorry!

From good news: the portrait problem you reported is fixed an new version is up.
    Wow, that was quick. Thanks for the info! And no need to apologize - I was just curious about compatibility.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    I use a Mac and I've never had a problem with any of Lava's mods because of that.

Just be sure to use the Weidu Mac installer.
    Thanks for that advice, Thrasymachus.