Skip to content

#11597 A visual effect should be shown when cold damage is applied

_Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
edited February 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
This isn't a bug, but just a graphical issue. It seems there are no cold damage animations! For example, you can verify this by attacking an enemy with Varscona: you can hear the characteristic sound but can't see the animation.....
Post edited by Gate70 on
Maxxximushook71

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Tagged
    Thanks
    hook71lolienJuliusBorisov
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    There appears to be more going on here than just the cold animation. Try using the wild surge keys (PM me or contact me on Skype (because I know who is going to read this and we talk there too) if you don't know what I am talking about). Use the surge keys to force the "Explosion?" wild surge (surge #10 I believe). Notice that the "initial" fire damage animation plays, but the small flames that are supposed to randomly burn over the target's body afterwords do not (compare to BG1:EE). The same happens with the small arcing of electricity that is supposed to appear for a while after taking electric damage.
    lolienJuliusBorisovhook71
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I can confirm this in bg2:ee for Ipad. Wow, way to go, the patch just destroys the little enjoyable visuals like these. I can't think a reason why. Weird, weird patch. Definitely not my favourite.