Skip to content

Portraits for Baldur's Gate from Might & Magic: Heroes VI and now from Might & Magic: Heroes VII too

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
I think that many of us try to stay away from the unfortunate games in the HOMM series. M&M:Heroes VI generally associates with a subpar product.

But having tried the game itself, I've found out that at least hero portraits (if not all but certainly several of them) in that game can be interesting.

Here I present you the portrats of Might & Magic: Heroes VI in the suitable format for BG (210x330 pixels, 24-bit BMP)

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimageimage
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @bengoshi , thanks, these look great. They seem pretty close to BG1 portrait style too, except maybe the contrasts are less sharp. I think using one for Charname should still blend in pretty well, though.

I think I may be about to get onto a Heroes of Might and Magic kick for a few weeks or months after buying HoMM 3 HD. I'd like to replay HoMM 5, since I never finished it before, and I may buy HoMM 6 after all when the price comes down. Right now the complete version is selling for about $40 U.S. on Steam, which is a bit expensive for my budget. Maybe they'll have a sale I can catch.

I've heard that HoMM 6 is a halfway decent HoMM game, with very pretty graphics and new music by Paul Romero and Rob King to enjoy, and with traditional HoMM gameplay once all the patches are installed. (I think they released it too soon, before it was ready, but word is that they did eventually fix most of the gameplay omissions like town screens.)

Do you know if the Steam version comes fully updated?
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Oh, these are nice. Thanks muchly!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad that these portraits can suit someone's BG run : )

@BelgarathMTH the patch history is shown here: http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6/en-GB/news/details.aspx?c=tcm:21-118807&ct=tcm:6-231-32 The latest patch is 2.1.1.

The Steam version of the game has only patch 2.1. http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=48220

So, it seems that the Steam version is not fully updated.
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    These are great. Thanks for posting. I must admit to having a real soft spot for the HoMM games, they were my proper intro to turn based RPG &, having poor eyesight I liked the pace of them. They aren't immersive like games like BG but they're nice to while away some time.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @bengoshi, thanks for the links. That's very helpful.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Wow, some really amazing portraits in this thread!
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    The last one makes a nice priest or paladin of kelemvor or Jergal. Nice
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i've tried to restore a healtier complexion to some of the portraits
    dl here: http://www89.zippyshare.com/v/3kL9xIy8/file.html
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Several Stronghold portraits have been revealed.

Yog (a comeback)

imageimage

Drakon (another comeback)

imageimage

Ishi

imageimage

Anga

imageimage

https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/stronghold-s-hall-of-heroes
    Several Sylvan’s and Dungeon's heroes have been announced:

Sailin

imageimage

Sylrael

imageimage

Ossir (a comeback!)

imageimage

Dyrael (a comeback again!)

imageimage

Ashbeth

imageimage

Darkstorm (a comeback!)

imageimage

Yeshtar

imageimage

Sinitar (another comeback!)

imageimage
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    bengoshi said:

Ashbeth

I like this one. I haven't got a response from the artist I wanted to use a portrait for my mod, so I tried to mess with this one to make her look like a half-drow:

I'm not quite satisfied with it. The skin tone turned out ok but the whole thing looks too desaturated and something about the hair is just... I dunno. Just the contrast is bothering me.

Anyone think it looks ok? Needs more work?
    @Artemius_I and other people wondering about the same thing

All portraits that people (including me) are uploading to these boards, can be used freely during only your own playthroughs of IE games.

But if you plan to use any portrait in a mod or something else that is available not only for you, you have to get a permission from the appropriate rightholder. Even if you edit a picture from any source, in order to use that edited picture in a mod you still have to get a permission from the rightholder of the vanilla picture.

You can read more about it here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/19418/a-quick-note-about-copyright

In this case, all the portraits from MMHeroes 6&7 are the property of Ubisoft, so you should contact them on the subject of using a portrait in your mod, if you wish so.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited August 2015

I'm not quite satisfied with it. The skin tone turned out ok but the whole thing looks too desaturated and something about the hair is just... I dunno. Just the contrast is bothering me.

Anyone think it looks ok? Needs more work?

here's my attempt:

imho drow must have white/grey eyebrows (like their hair) and relatively brightly colored eyes (typically red)
    also i tried to make the metallic bits look like something that didn't come from the surface
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Is there a hosted zip/rar file containing all of these? I didn't see anything in the OP or subsequent posts.