Skip to content

Solo help?

I just started playing BG again and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good solo build? I remember years ago seeing some pretty powerful sorc's out there but yea it's been awhile.

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Are you playing it vanilla or do you have mods installed? Every class can solo the game if you're playing it vanilla without difficult enhancing mods. Some of the better classes to solo with are the following.

Paladin -> Easy and powerful
    C/R - > Easy and can get insanely powerful
    Sorcerer/Mage - > Mediocre to hard difficulty, most powerful one out there
    Berserker - > Easy and powerful

You can solo the game with pretty much every single class, some better than others.
  • sector001sector001 Member Posts: 8
    SionIV said:

Are you playing it vanilla or do you have mods installed? Every class can solo the game if you're playing it vanilla without difficult enhancing mods. Some of the better classes to solo with are the following.

You can solo the game with pretty much every single class, some better than others.

For the time being I'll just be playing BGEE and BGE2EE without mods. Stupid question, whats the C/R?

sector001 said:

SionIV said:

For the time being I'll just be playing BGEE and BGE2EE without mods. Stupid question, whats the C/R?

It's the Cleric/Ranger, in BGee and BG2ee that combination gets all druid spells and cleric spells. So you got:

All divine spells
    Fighter proficiency (Ranger)
    Amazing stats (It's very easy to roll high on a ranger/cleric)
    Racial Enemy (Ranger)

It's a very lethal combination that is without doubt the most powerful in the game right after arcane casters.
    Thanks for the advice! I think I'm going to try out the Berserker first.
  • mumumomomumumomo Member Posts: 635
    Berserker is not the most intersting choice IMO. You can do nothing but hack brainlessly.
    Some kind of thief mage or fmt multi are much more interesting.
    mumumomo said:

Berserker is not the most intersting choice IMO. You can do nothing but hack brainlessly.
    Some kind of thief mage or fmt multi are much more interesting.

That's not true, if he gets a high dexterity, wisdom or intelligence he can dual class to almost anything from a berserker, making it much more interesting and viable than most multi classes.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Warrior duals go downhill quickly in ToB level play, IE early/mid SoA if soloing, as they get no HLAs. Doesn't mean you can't do it for that very short period of uberness though.

For a solo, if you are not pretty familiar with the game, you probably want thief skills.

Illusionist Thief multi is a true solo dream. Save bonus, school specialization, UAI abuse, Thief traps, Thief skills in general, and of course, absurdly good Spike Traps and Time Traps. Really, this is about the safest bet for someone who doesn't know where the traps are.

If you are importing from BG1, consider F/T... F/T might as well go Dwarf IMHO, great saves, and you get 19 str from tomes as well as 20 cons. Thats also a really easy solo comparatively speaking.

Don't go pure warrior unless you like triggering every damn trap, and not being able to open containers. Also, most people find pure warrior really tedious to solo, I know I did in.
    What level if starting out as a Thief would be good to multi a Fighter or Mage?
    Multis continue to gain thief levels, duals stop gaining. The level you dual depends on what you are looking for... If you take a kit (recommended), the dual level will vary from that, too. Dual to mage is stronger, but dual to Fighter from Swashbuckler or Assassin can be good too, but Assassins keep getting backstab until high levels, so you just want to get poison weapon uses in that case. Swashy I think 11 for better traps or 15 for another set of bonus' makes sense, but 15 is a late dual.

Illusionist Thief though is a powerhouse, and you could give Hexxat (replacing Jan) a shot if you run this, or even take Mr. S in ToB, the biggest, baddest fighter of them all. He likes the Ravager, or Gram, or even a good ol' Silver Sword. You can use Hexxat until then if you want.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    I think most people dual from Fighter to Thief rather than the other way around, although Thief->Fighter build are certainly viable.
    The Assassin especially is a popular thief kit for dualling into fighter. You could go until level 9, for a x4 backstab multiplier and a 3rd daily poison weapon ability or level 10 for the increase in the poison's potency. You'll have enough skillpoints to sufficiently develop two skills. For example at level 10 you'd have 150 skill points plus racial/dex bonuses. You could have Detect Traps at around 65 (can be increased with potions/items) and Detect Illusions at 100. For Stealth, Lockpicks and Pickpocketing I'd rely on potions.
    There are easier and more powerful options though. A Fighter/Thief multiclass is easier to play and probably stronger for the biggest part of the game.

For Thief->Mage dual you could wait until lvl 7 which would give you enough skill points to cover the basics (no need to invest in Detect Illusions there, because you'll have spells for that), and importantly, it's a dual you could pull off in BG1. If you went Swashbuckler->Mage, there would be reasons to waint until lvl 10 (for the Swashbuckler AC/Thac0/Damage bonus). Again, the Mage/Thief multi (or Gnome Illusionist/Multi) is imo easier to play and stronger as well.

In all cases dualing a Thief at the beginning of BG2 into Mage or Fighter can make Irenicus's Dungeon more frustrating than it already is (to many people).
    @ SionIV, I completely agree that berskerer dual is a very strong soloer. It was not my understanding of your post.

Assassin-> fighter dual i a very strong class, one of the strongest class for offensive purpose (GM, attack bonus from assassin, poison weapon). Pre HLA, i feel that they are stronger than fighter/thief multi (who lack poison weapon and grand mastery). Post HLA however the multi will be much stronger.

Thief->mage duals do not compete with thief/illusionnist multi IMO (the lack of specialization will make them barely better at spellcasting, while they will be a lot less powerful as thieves)
    mumumomo said:

@ SionIV, I completely agree that berskerer dual is a very strong soloer. It was not my understanding of your post.

Assassin-> fighter dual i a very strong class, one of the strongest class for offensive purpose (GM, attack bonus from assassin, poison weapon). Pre HLA, i feel that they are stronger than fighter/thief multi (who lack poison weapon and grand mastery). Post HLA however the multi will be much stronger.

Thief->mage duals do not compete with thief/illusionnist multi IMO (the lack of specialization will make them barely better at spellcasting, while they will be a lot less powerful as thieves)

An Assassin to Fighter gets +4 damage vs a multiclass, GM and +1 vs specialization. You would be competitive for the first HLAs for sure, but when the multi is dropping 5 Spike Traps, you are outclassed a bit. But, as noted, you have a huge edge in SoA, probably BG1 too. You probably are a better warrior still though, extra damage + HLAs is solid.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Easiest class to solo with is F/M/T multiclass. At low levels you can burn up your spells (sleep is great early on) and then throw on a suit of armor (heavy for combat in which you won't stealth, lighter for stealth and thief abilities). Even with heavy armor you can still search for traps and then can switch out of the heavy armor to disarm the trap.

As you gain more spells, you can use items like the shield necklace (lets you use the shield spell like 40 times and available fairly early on in BG1) or the armor spells (Ghost Armor is pretty great) to allow yourself to do everything. You can stealth in, backstab, cast a spell and resume attacking all in the same round.

As others have said, having some thief abilities is great (pretty essential for Durlag's tower unless you can heavily buff yourself) and the thief levels retain usefulness throughout BG2 as well. You will also enjoy the Use Any Item higher level ability that will let you wield Carsomyr and other items that are otherwise useless to a solo player. As you enounter tougher mages, you will find a lot of usefulness in spell casting (using breach on an enemy mage to strip away immunity to magic weapons or stoneskin or using spell immunity to protect against deadly spells, etc.). For a combat heavy game like this the fighter levels are great, too.

I highly recommend the F/M/T swiss pocketknife of classes for the extreme versatility.
    I/T has much better casting, and with UAI and spells, an I/T can easily go into melee and clean house. The Fighter levels just don't add enough imho to offset vastly worse arcane.
    DreadKhan said:

I/T has much better casting, and with UAI and spells, an I/T can easily go into melee and clean house. The Fighter levels just don't add enough imho to offset vastly worse arcane.

I'll agree to disagree with you on this. There are many parts of the game where the fighter levels and HP are extremely valuable - not to mention the ability to hit 10 times in a round with Carsomyr or one of the other power weapons. Even with a girdle of giant strength, I have never found Jan to "clean house" in melee without lots of buffing and micromanagement.

Moreover, for a triple class solo you will have twice the XP as a caster that you would have as a single class mage in a 6 person party so the arcane power should be there since you don't have to divide the XP (granted the one bonus spell per level is nice).

I'm not saying that an I/T isn't great or might not be more fun for many players, but I don't find it nearly as versatile and find it to require much more micromanagement. For someone who doesn't want to micromanage or rest a lot, the FMT gives you the most versatile character for play style in my opinion. That and $.50 will get you a cup of coffee!
    I agree with AHF, the FMT while ultimately less powerful than a multi arcane caster (having no access to level 9 spells), is nonetheless far enough powerful to solo the game with ease and with no need at all for micromanagement: all the game is easy as a FMT.

On the contrary, a solo sorcerer, while vastly more powerful requires much more attention, especially for the early parts of the game.

An I/T is somewhere in between.
    Regarding the assassin/fighter dual, i believe it is one of the strongest class for early SOA. You can slaughter fikrgraag as early as the dual is complete, and without having to cheese it.

However later on they are extremely susceptible to magic, having no way to protect against it while most other classes have solutions for this.
    You also have to remember that while certain classes/combinations are more 'powerful', it doesn't mean they are fun to play or that you get to be powerful from the start. A C/R will be powerful from level 1, a Kensai/Mage that duals at 13 will spend a lot of the game not being very powerful at all.

A sorcerer will have to rest like crazy the first levels and a few arrows could end your life before you get many levels. A dual classed or multi-classed F/M will have a very strong early game, and once you start gaining mage levels, you still got a ton of health from your fighter levels.

So you have to ask what is more important to you, enjoying a powerful class through the entire game, or waiting until mid - late game to enjoy your character.

This is one of the reasons i prefer to dual class my F/M at level 9 (Max HP) and berserker over kensai (rage immunities and fullplate).
    Fighter HP is very low value to a mage, as they can be proofed against everything with a couple spells. Nobody high level hits through PFMW, Spell Immunity can make you immune to damage from ADHW, and the rest a thief can handle fine anyways. The boost to Save vs Spells almost trivializes most casters in BG1, and is still huge in BG2, and a I/T will have more spells per day BY FAR than a F/M/T, including a slew of lvl 9 spells, something a F/M/T doesn't get access to without removing the cap. With the cap, an I/T is ridiculously good at everything. If we aren't talking solo, Jan will require micro-management compared to a F/M/T, but the F/M/T unbuffed will get his butt whupped by Jan with a few buffs on him. *shrug* F/M/T is great if you like casting lots of buffs, or abusing illusions to backstab, but an I/T can do that too, and will get access sooner, and be able to do it more often without resting. Once you hit 9th level spells, it becomes even more lopsided. Improved Haste while using a speed weapon or two is a very fun trick both can do, but the F/M/T has so much fewer spells.

Enemies a F/M/T can beat without buffing are enemies an I/T will simply ignore in a solo. Most aren't worth the XP while soloing, and just drain resources while offering crummy loot. Enemies that require buffing will need buffing either way.

I agree with @SionIV that you should play what you enjoy, and leave it at that I think. You don't need the best character to solo, and indeed, many great builds will have downtime that is frustrating for some, especially duals. Dualing to Fighter is a special hell in BG2, just saying.
    I agree the FMT and IT are the same for backstabs. Both can use the same illusion spells, both can cap out the multiplier, both can use the same backstabbing weapons, etc. The modest additional damage available to fighters (weapon specialization, critical strike) is short-lived or not meaningful.

I don't get the notion that the I/T is better or comparable with melee due to his buffing. The FMT beats 95% of opponents with one buff (stoneskin) and then goes up to three buffs (stoneskin, improved haste and PFMW) in hard situations and simply points and clicks for the combat. (Heck, the buffs for a FMT can be dropped into sequencers or used with contingencies even wearing heavy armor if appropriate for the fight). Improved haste isn't needed often but is nice when you can do max attacks per round and then use the critical strike ability to ensure they are all natural 20s as well. There are classes that need a lot of buffing to be good at melee but they aren't one of them.

Jan takes numerous buffs to be decent in melee and will never be nearly as good as the F/M/T with Carsomyr, the Flail of Ages, etc. He will max out at 6 attacks per round (dual wielding with one bonus attack item plus buffed with improved haste) compared to 10, he won't have the +1/+2 specialization, he will have penalties for using weapons like Carsomyr or FOA due to inability to get proficient, he won't have critical strike, he can't max dual wielding proficiencies, he won't have as good a THAC0 (unless we are micromanaging with more buffs), etc. It is just a no-brainer for melee just like it is a no-brainer that the I/T will be a better caster (even if you aren't playing with XP cap).

My point is really the level of micromanagement and versatility. The I/T is great and can do lots of things but needs lots of micromanaging compared to the relative simplicity of most combat for the FMT.
    edited February 2015
    I agree once more with ahf : as a fmt you don t need to buff a lot, far from it. They are one of the class that need the less resting.

Quick note on the sorcerer. I disagree that the early levels are hard with them. The thing is that in bg1, wands are plentiful and very OP.
    Overall i don t see any part in the game which are remotely hard for a sorcerer. But it's true that they require a lot of micro management.

Edited : durlag tower is a pain for solo sorc but is completely skippable.
    Werewolf Island is a bad trip for a solo sorcerer too. Really, not a fun or productive solo location all around.

An I/T can start with better stats than Jan remember, and either has a teensey ace in the hole you seem to be forgetting, Shapeshift. Delicious brains are delicious, and a FMT can forget that melee trick. Other forms can be handy too.

Another option not open is Timestop as a spell. Yes, either can make a trap, but some rough encounters are hard to use traps in, so the spell combined with Backstabbing 6 times = very, very dead enemy.

With high enough Wis, a high level IT can Wish to gain back his spells, FMT can't.

Jan ofc can also stun pretty reliably, brutal area effect stun can carry you pretty far.

If you don't mind extra cheese on a cheesey crust, @semiticgod uses Jan by taking Spider form, replaces his weapon via Shocking Grasp, then enjoys spider forms high APR, often topped with IH. A FMT gains little by this trick compared to the huge buff an IT gets from it.

FMT is better vs mooks, I agree, but not vs bosses generally.
    DreadKhan said:

Werewolf Island is a bad trip for a solo sorcerer too. Really, not a fun or productive solo location all around.

An I/T can start with better stats than Jan remember, and either has a teensey ace in the hole you seem to be forgetting, Shapeshift. Delicious brains are delicious, and a FMT can forget that melee trick. Other forms can be handy too.

Another option not open is Timestop as a spell. Yes, either can make a trap, but some rough encounters are hard to use traps in, so the spell combined with Backstabbing 6 times = very, very dead enemy.

With high enough Wis, a high level IT can Wish to gain back his spells, FMT can't.

Jan ofc can also stun pretty reliably, brutal area effect stun can carry you pretty far.

If you don't mind extra cheese on a cheesey crust, @semiticgod uses Jan by taking Spider form, replaces his weapon via Shocking Grasp, then enjoys spider forms high APR, often topped with IH. A FMT gains little by this trick compared to the huge buff an IT gets from it.

FMT is better vs mooks, I agree, but not vs bosses generally.

Exactly.

I/T (Stop before encounter. Buff him with 3 spells. Then wade into the fray and polymorph him, then cast shocking grasp, then attack or time stop, then shapechange, then attack or use the timestop spell instead of the timestop trap or assassinate and then backstab if the spell isn't interrupted due to spending 2 rounds putting up short-term buffs prior to the fight, etc.)

FMT (Walk into encounter with stoneskin already active. Click enemy. When dead, click next enemy.)

As an aside, I am not sure what wish rest has to do with any of this. That deals entirely with spell casting which is already conceded to be Sorcerer/Mage > I/T > FMT and for 99% of the game you can simply rest without much difficulty rather than try to pull off the low % wish rest during the middle of a fight. (This is the best use for those potions of insight, IMO). Even with a sorcerer, the only reliable way to pull off wish rest is by using a series of projected images to keep casting wish until you pull it off. It is very easy to miss on that 6+ times in a row.
    Except the encounters you are talking about are a pointless waste of time for a solo game. You aren't walking in and punching out Draconis, ie a relatively challenging fight, you're rofl-stomping ToB Orcs.

How the heck is casting Shapeshift to become a Mindflayer casting 3 spells?? you can toss in Timestop, sure, but enemies you kill this way are those that aren't getting beaten with melee while Stoneskinned, and its 2 spells, or 1 and a trap.

99% of the enemies (ie the easy 'pount and kill' fights) are OPTIONAL. You can bypass so many fights, and as a solo you still will easily hit the cap in SoA. Who cares if you can massacre 20 kuotoas without using anything but stoneskin?? You only need to kill the Prince iirc. Just an example.
    DreadKhan said:

Except the encounters you are talking about are a pointless waste of time for a solo game. You aren't walking in and punching out Draconis, ie a relatively challenging fight, you're rofl-stomping ToB Orcs.

How the heck is casting Shapeshift to become a Mindflayer casting 3 spells?? you can toss in Timestop, sure, but enemies you kill this way are those that aren't getting beaten with melee while Stoneskinned, and its 2 spells, or 1 and a trap.

99% of the enemies (ie the easy 'pount and kill' fights) are OPTIONAL. You can bypass so many fights, and as a solo you still will easily hit the cap in SoA. Who cares if you can massacre 20 kuotoas without using anything but stoneskin?? You only need to kill the Prince iirc. Just an example.

The 3 spells were based on your statement that the lower hit points are irrelevant because you always cover yourself with magical protections such as protection from magical weapons and spell immunity and then you layer in your timestop & shapeshift on top of that.

The reason I reference the mundane part of the game is that the vast majority of fights fall into this category. You can go invisible and just walk past people (although that isn't an option with the kuotoas) for much of the game but most people don't skip these encounters. Thus the micromanaging is a bigger issue for most players than it is for you.

If you are skipping all the mundane content in the game then it is a different experience from what I would expect the OP to engage on. I agree you aren't just jumping in and curbstomping Draconis but the strategic opportunities are there for all these classes (pure arcane, I/T, and F/M/T) to win those fights even if the variations on those may look a little different for each. For a more casual player than you, I still recommend the F/M/T as the easier playthrough on a first solo experience.

Just my opinion and reasonable minds can differ (and often do on this forum!).
    edited February 2015
    You are both right IMO.

Once the IT gets to level 9 spell he is miles ahead the FMT in terms of power. however getting to that level of power is neither quick, nor necessary.

Let's imagine you have 2 scales from 1 to 5 (5 being the best and 1 the worst)
    1st scale is ease of play.
    2nd is power

Sorcerer would be 3/5
    IT would be 4/4
    FMT would be 5/3

Everything with power > 3 is powerful enough to deal with the game with no major concern.
    Post edited by mumumomo on
    edited February 2015
    I'm thinking of trying out Sorcerer but I'm not sure what spells to select from start to finish since if I'm not mistaken you can't unlearn Sorc spells like a Mage. I've tried looking around but haven't discovered a good Sorc guide.
    edited February 2015
    Well I did some searching on these forums and found a nice guide.
    Mykra said:

Saeba said:

Could anyone clarify this please or better yet tell exactly what abilities, skills I need for this class?

Welcome to my favorite class in Baldur's Gate.

Stats:
    Str: Whatever you'd like. Dex: Max Con: 16 is the most you need, some people shoot for 18 for a certain magic item in High Hedge. Int: 9-10 is the most you need. If you are going to use the same character in BG2 (whenever it is released), get a 15 in it. Wis: It doesn't matter in BG1. Cha: Also doesn't matter, although I usually try to get it high because I have my Sorc talk to most people and you can get better reactions/rewards with a high charisma party face.

I usually shoot for as my 'minimums' (90 points isn't super hard to get):
    Str:14 Dex:18 Con:16 Int:15 Wis:10 Cha:17

Proficiencies:
    You will either go darts or slings at level one. Slings have better magical options currently in BG1, but Darts give you a much higher attack total and allow you to annoy enemies better and steal Nearly Dead enemy kills a bit better. It won't matter much either way as you are going to stink with anything but your spells, so take whatever you like the idea of your character using.

You will gain another proficiency at level six. Again, it's not going to make or break your character because you either blow things up with spells, or run away trying to get an angle to shoot/slow/protect during your next action. I usually put a point into Quarterstaff at this level just because, but it's not like I get a huge bonus out of it.

Spells:
    *General rule of thumb is don't take anything you will out level eventually, as there isn't any (legit) respec option in Baldur's Gate. This makes it tougher on newer players as it requires a bit more understanding of the spell system, but basically any spells that say things like 'effects up to X HD or level X', AC setting spells (Things like Armor, Ghost Armor, etc.. as you won't have any problem with AC past around level 4-5), or low level versions of spells you will get better versions of later on (like Minor Sequencer), and don't take Touch spells (Ghoul Touch, Vampiric Touch, Shocking Hands, etc..) as your THAC0 (To Hit) is so piss-poor, you'll almost always miss. These are usually good indicators to stay away from.

This won't be everything, but here's the spells in BG1 I'd say to make sure you get first:
    L1- Magic Missle, Spook, Protection from Evil
    L2- Mirror Image, Melf's Acid Arrow
    L3- Skull Trap, Remove Magic
    L4- Stoneskin, Greater Malison

Caveat: If you don't give a damn about BG2 and just want to make the best BG1 character you can, feel free to ignore my 'keep away from those spells' (but seriously, never take Touch spells) and go ahead and take things like Sleep as it will make you stronger in BG1.

Side-note: Pairing up with another arcane caster to become truly dominant.

Sorcerer's are stupidly powerful, but having another arcane caster in your party just makes them even stronger. Taking another mage like Neera, Edwin, dual-classed Imoen, etc.. covers many gaps in your spell repertoire and allows your Sorc to focus on doing what (s)he does best: Making things 'splode.

Taking a Mage along and having them use Sleep, Haste, Slow, Dispel Magic, Summon Monsters, Identify, Cloudkill, and other good spells you won't have the depth (or need) to cast yourself will make the party much more powerful. It also never hurts to have two guys throwing skull traps or magic missles at enemies.

A slight equipment spoiler/easter egg:

Don't read if you don't want any spoilers. It's not a 'You just ruined the game for me,' one, but it's something that will turn a spell caster from good to great quickly in the game.

When you get to the Friendly Arm Inn, immediately go to the right from where you zoned. Keep walking right while hitting tab. About the second set of rocks you see will have a ring. Identify it at the Priest's building inside the Inn, put it on your Sorcerer. You will never take this ring off.

@AHF I said you could use buffs spells to provide immunity for the small number of casters that will drop big damage spells on your head, not run around buffed to the nines 24/7. As most enemies get walked past, you don't want to cast your buffs too early, or they wear out, and you need to recast, which is boring. Its not like an I/T is substantially less durable than a FMT is, especially considering his key saves will be so good. You won't miss many saves vs spells from Candlekeep, and progressively less as you get gear and gain more levels. I/T can buff for the very few fights he needs to (Note, a FMT will be buffing for those too, so no difference really), and has better options overall. Its a really, really easy playthrough, easier than a FMT for certain.

There aren't that many required spells if you go Vanilla (IE no difficulty mods), but the biggest tip is watch for spells that will improve, or do not get worse, as long-term picks. Magic Missile ends up being better than Larloch's Minor Drain I would safely say, and better than Sleep in BG2 obviously, but Sleep is still worth grabbing as you don't have that many GOOD 1st level choices anyways. At 2nd, Blur is better right away vs Mirror Imagine I would argue, but Mirror Image gets a TON better than Blur.

And be cautious with summons... Many are frankly **** choices. Animate Dead is very sound, Mordenkainen's Sword is good, but other than that, MAYBE Spider Spawn to use with Web. Here is a framework of some useful spells, but you should consider some more utility spells with the remainder. You can recast the same damage spell over and over if needed, so try not to take more than 1 or 2 for a given level, as you will lack utility options, IE Pierce Magic, Lower Resistance, Secret Word, Spell Trap, Spell Shield, Protection from Magic Weapons, Spell Trigger, Spell Sequencer, Chain Contingency, Spell Strike, etc. You won't need ALL of the utility options, but think about which ones become irrelevant over time and try to stick with ones that will give better long term utility.

1st: Magic Missile, Probably Sleep and Shield
    2nd: Melf's Acid Arrow, Mirror Image, Web, Knock, Maybe Invisibility
    3rd: Skull Trap, Melf's Minute Meteors, Remove or Dispel Magic
    4th: Stoneskin, Greater Malison, Improved Invisibility if you didn't take Invisibility especially
    5th: Breach, Sunfire (MAYBE. It is good for soloing), Animate Dead
    6th: Contingency, Project Image, maybe Chain Lightning
    7th: Delayed Blast Fireball (good damage dealer actually, too bad it is fire)
    8th: Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting
    9th: Wish, Time Stop

That or some of those would make a good enough backbone to start with. You can use EE Keeper to edit the spell selection if you need to.
  • CaeDaresCaeDares Member Posts: 182
    Roll Fighter / Mage or Fighter/Thief and be lucky enough (or have enough patience) to roll 90+ SP from the dice. Depending on whether or not youre good or evil;

GOOD (boring): Just do all the quests that have nothing to do with being evil. You'll be boring and given all the EXP you want.

EVIL (F**** YEAH!): KILL EVERYBODY AND RAID EVERYTHING FOR ALL THE LOOT AND CRUSH THE DIRTY PEASANTS UNDER YOUR HEELS AS YOU STROLL INTO THE DUKES CASTLE AND DRIVE YOUR EPIC WEAPONS UP SAREVOKS BEHIND BEFORE HE EVEN BECOMES A DUKE. F*** YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

So yeah I hope you enjoyed my little guide and have fun with BG:EE / BG2:EE.