Skip to content

BG1NPC Bug Report and Discussion Thread

Comments

• ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited March 2019
    Would it be an option to, instead of changing how Douglas spawns, include some kind of check to see if the party avoided Douglas?

For example, set a timer, and at the end of that timer, if the party has not talked to Douglas (the hasring variable is still set to 1), revert the variable update, so Douglas can spawn again? Or maybe revert it when the party rests or travels?
    Post edited by Thels on
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Thels wrote: »
    Would it be an option to, instead of changing how Douglas spawns, include some kind of check to see if the party avoided Douglas?

For example, set a timer, and at the end of that timer, if the party has not talked to Douglas (the hasring variable is still set to 1), revert the variable update, so Douglas can spawn again? Or maybe revert it when the party rests or travels?

That's an idea. Perhaps it could be done with an InMyArea() check. If Ajantis goes to an area without Douglas, but the variable is still set to 1, revert the update. Then, the next time Ajantis goes to one of the city areas, Douglas will respawn.

Probably also need a check to make sure we don't respawn Douglas in an area twice. An Exists() check should do that.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    That's possible, but by far the more complex solution which could introduce new bugs, needs to be tested, etc. and all just for having the messenger walk up to Ajantis. If you feel like spending the time, I'm not stopping you, but I don't think it's worth the effort, to be honest.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    jastey wrote: »
    That's possible, but by far the more complex solution which could introduce new bugs, needs to be tested, etc. and all just for having the messenger walk up to Ajantis. If you feel like spending the time, I'm not stopping you, but I don't think it's worth the effort, to be honest.

You're probably right. It would be rather complicated. I'll do a simple CreateCreatureObjectOffset(). In my tests, it seemed to work fairly well.
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited April 2019
    Branwen seems to be stuck a dialog loop after Tazok's Death, seems like something was trying to fire off but it is only Branwen's player initiated dialog tree, and not any dialog pertaining to Tazok himself. She will repeat this infinitely until you kick her out of the party, but putting her back in the party does not fix this.

I'm not sure if this is a bug solely to this mod or if another Mod was conflicting with it. I checked my mods, and there doesn't seem to be anything it could conflict with it.
    @Kaliesto It's a known bug that will be fixed when AstroBryGuy uploads a newer version.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    edited April 2019
    @AstroBryGuy Does 'The BG1NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment' really needs PID component to be reinstalled?
    BEGIN @1094 DESIGNATED 120
    	GROUP @1065 /* The BG1 NPC Project: Tweaks */
      REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~bg1npc/bg1npc.tp2~ 0 @1004 /* BG1 NPC Required Changes component is not installed. */

/* makes sure PIDs go last */
      UNINSTALL ~bg1npc.tp2~ 200
    	INCLUDE ~bg1npc/tweaks/bardrep/bg1npc_bardrep.tpa~

• ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    I've got a request, even if the mod seems not to be under "scrutiny" anymore.

Some of the answers you can give to imoen after you check gorion's body, do not lead to you actually bury him. But.. this way it doesn't provide closure. A chance should be given anyway to the player, no matter what dialogues choice you've given.

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Arthas wrote: »
    I've got a request, even if the mod seems not to be under "scrutiny" anymore.

Some of the answers you can give to imoen after you check gorion's body, do not lead to you actually bury him. But.. this way it doesn't provide closure. A chance should be given anyway to the player, no matter what dialogues choice you've given.

Try talking to Jaheira. Certainly in the past that led to closure.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    you only get that talk if you don't bury his body.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    @AstroBryGuy

I recently began a fresh run and noticed that the Boomerang Dagger+2 is not flagged as applying STR bonus. I changed it for my game via NI, but apparently we are no longer allowed to attach .ITM files? Anyway, if anyone else would like this edit, here you go.
    GusindaRaduzielZaghoul
    @Wise_Grimwald
    @megamike15

When I try to talk to Jaheira there is no dialogue that even hints at it.

edited April 2019
    Arthas wrote: »
    @Wise_Grimwald
    @megamike15

When I try to talk to Jaheira there is no dialogue that even hints at it.

As megamike said:

megamike15 Posts: 1,436 April 26
    You only get that talk if you don't bury his body.

I wasn't aware of that fact
    ThacoBell
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it's not a pid talk. it's one of her timed talks.
    ThacoBell
    Interesting. Never had any talk of any kind with Jaheira.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @AstroBryGuy

I recently began a fresh run and noticed that the Boomerang Dagger+2 is not flagged as applying STR bonus. I changed it for my game via NI, but apparently we are no longer allowed to attach .ITM files? Anyway, if anyone else would like this edit, here you go.

In my current install with v24 it seems to be working as intended, with the added STR bonus.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    @AstroBryGuy

In my current install with v24 it seems to be working as intended, with the added STR bonus.

That must be the issue. 23.3 is marked as the latest release, since it looks like 24 is in beta, so that's what I downloaded over at g3. I did check the changelog for 24 before posting, and didn't see it mentioned in the log. But thanks for following up.
    ZaghoulWise_Grimwald
    If you're running BGEE 2.5, the beta 24 is more stable than the released 23.3.

There's just one thing you have to be careful about. Do NOT have Branwen in your party when talking to Tranzig. It'll get her dialogue to get stuck.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • benibielbenibiel Member Posts: 8
    You can get round the Branwen/Tranzig problem by setting "P#BranTranzig" to 2 after she starts trying to spam her pid flirts. You miss the line she's supposed to say then but at least she shuts up.
    Wise_GrimwaldRaduzielGusinda
    edited May 2019
    Okay some things to note for my playthrough. I got:

> gorion's amulet, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do with it. In the description there are no references to his properties, apart that it is not usable from wizard slayer.

> I told Imoen that I would gift Gorion's amulet, but I fail to understand to who and why.

> Jaheira never had any conversation with me about the body of Gorion, even if I didn't dig a hole in the ground for him.

> There is a conversation with Dinaheir that makes no sense.
    I couldn't make a screenshot, but it begins with asterisks and ends with asterisks*

It say something like
    you now know you are a bhaalspawn... [..]

> Question: When does the dinhaeir romance end? I reached the undercity, but only Jaheira and Khalid talked. How can it be? No imoen comment? No Dinhaeir comment? Seems strange.
    Post edited by Arthas on
    @Arthas

Gorion's Amulet
    It's effectively an Amulet of Protection +1. You can equip it on charname, or give it to an NPC by equipping it on the NPC.

Dynaheir Romance
    I didn't get any interaction whatsoever from Dynaheir after killing Winski, either... I think she's supposed to say something, and you should get a few items when Dynaheir is in the party, but I saw none of that myself, either.
    ThacoBell
  • mannymansteinmannymanstein Member Posts: 4
    Just wanted to say thanks for this mod, its fantastic. I have done multiple plays of bg2 since its original release, but could never get further than a few hours in bg1 due to the limited character interactions. So far ALL of the writing has been top notch, specifically the interjections which really help flesh out the various quests.
    jasteytbone1
    @Thels
    I got these interactions. Spoilers if you wish:
    Winski is the male equivalent of Dinhaeir - while dinhair is an hathran, Winski is a X (can't remember the name but you got the general idea. Anyway, Winski summons a cambion to kill you. The encounter is well done in the end... but there is a general re-use of dialogues that you are going to read later that I didn't appreciate tbh
    @Arthas I didn't get anything there. Did you get any items from it?
    No items. But to be honest, the fact that I didn't experience any content while going to enter the temple left me a bit disappointed.

No banter from any npcs. Should be the final showdown. Like before meeting irenicus.
    Arvia
    Which NPCs are in your party?
    @jastey

Khalid, Jaheira, Imoen, Minsc, Dinhaeir

And I'm heavily romancing Dinhaeir

Do you need any informations in particular? Just tell me what to do and I'll do it.
    Some NPC comment upon entering the Undercity. Jaheira has a line, Minsc two. Hm, there don't seem to be a final talk triggered by location for Dynaheir romance, nor Imoen.
    I agree this is a bit scarce. (Play the Ajantis romance. Ajantis has a real final talk in the Undercity!)
    Whilst I love this mod and wouldn't play without it, the use of strings used elsewhere does detract from it slightly. For example Mendas in Candlekeep using exactly the same dialogue as is used elsewhere in the game is slightly immersion breaking. I don't know if it takes a lot of work to alter such things, but changing the dialogue slightly so that it differs would make a big difference IMO.
    The strings from original game are also used in the clash between Dinhaeir and the Winski perorate