Skip to content

#11739 Druid Earth Elemental shape should be able to move consistently

LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
edited February 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Soo, my druid got the Earth Elemental Transformation HLA and I can't move when transformed. Literally, the character is rooted to the spot and tries to move but is unable to, as if surrounded by to small doorways.

I tried the Fire Elemental Transformation it it seems to work just fine.

I'm in Underdark - I don't know if it's relevant.

EDIT: Wrong Forum. Please move to BG 2 Bugs ;)
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Can you zip and attach a save please @Lathlaer and advise whether this is pc, mac, etc. plus details of any mods installed.
    Thanks
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    @Gate70 Save incoming ;) Latest version, Windows, Chloe mod installed (she isn't on the team though). I leveled Jaheira so that I could give her both Fire and Earth transformation for convenience.
    OK, I tried summoning until Sunnis turned up and it has a similar issue. Are you likely to try this form much more - would be good to know if it is certain areas or a widespread issue.

I'll check on an unmodded game to confirm behaviour is the same.
    Thanks
    & tagged
    Thanks
    Are you saying that Sunnis also doesn't move? I can't recall if I summoned him in this area of Underdark (definitely used the spell, it might've been Chan and/or Zaaman Rul) but I definitely remember summoning him in the Beholder Lair and he destroyed them just fine, didn't have any problems with moving.
    Sunnis didn't move in that area, it may be area specific or engaging enemies might behave differently.

I got Jaheira to move by "bumping" her; having another party member walk from one side of her to the other, and would guess there may be something not quite right with the circle size for earth elementals.
    True, bumping did help somehow.

I just got out and in the area with Elhan the situation does not change. Furthermore, I noticed that after transforming back, whole equipment was where it's supposed to be, but it looked as if I was not wearing it (I had to remove and equip all things again - I realized this when I got notice about the encumbrance - the strength item - gloves or belt - was defunct and had to be removed and put there again).

Sunnis was way more reliable but it's still something there.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Gate70 I think I see what is going on here. For whatever reason, Polymorphing into any creature with a large collision size (earth elemental, mustard jelly, iron golem, etc.) creates a permanent(?) character sized collision obstacle on the spot where the polymorph was activated (as if something invisible were standing there). Since the obstacle and the newly polymorphed character are directly on top of each other the polymorphed character cannot move until it is bumped out of the way of the obstacle. This mystery obstacle is especially obvious when you try to path another large creature (like sunnis) through the area where it was created. This appears to only be a problem with polymorph spells and I don't know why you thought sunnis was having a similar issue because I noticed nothing wrong with him.
    Probably because I summoned him in a spot where I'd earlier tried polymorph.