Skip to content

Any plans for the release on 09/18?

AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
I'm curious what everyone intends to do on the release date. I will be working, but on my first day off I will be having a few friends over so we can all enjoy the game and I can show them what they've been missing for so many years. Perhaps some steaks and beer are in order, too.

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Ugh. It's a Tuesday, so I'll likely download the game just in time to have to go to class.
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    edited August 2012

Ugh. It's a Tuesday, so I'll likely download the game just in time to have to go to class.

Ugh, indeed. This is one of the times where I *really* would like the game released closer to/on the weekend.

EDIT: Perhaps I will have enough time to roll my party members, having it ready for when I do play. =)
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    Submit a request so that players upload some screens on the web. ^^
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Ponders what time it'll be available... and if it'll be available to download at midnight here in Australia or do I have to wait for the rest of the world to catch up with today.
  • PaheejPaheej Member Posts: 126
    I'll be having another GREAT day in Afghanistan.

No butt-kicking for goodness until late October for me. Having said that - so pumped that I pre-ordered.
  • neur0neur0 Member Posts: 83
    Aenor said:

a) take a week long vacation from my work
    b) beer, lots and lots of beer

Hmmm, you just gave me an idea.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Got two weeks of vacation time planned, starting the 17th, yay!
    Girlfriend said it'll be filled with happy couples time, very nice (but keeps me from Baldur's Gate...)
    She'll spend the 18th volunteering at the ER, yay!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that the Mac release date is the same? Seriously they've been awfully hush-hush about that, and yes I know it's on Apple's side not Overhaul's. But it really is starting to bother me.

I have Windoze XP as well via Bootcamp, but I really prefer to play games natively if I can.
  • aldainaldain Member Posts: 307
    Wish I did have plans, but there's just too much work right now to take several weeks off and wallow in BG...

I'll probably spend an inordinate amount of time (considering I should be working) trawling the forum during the day, then hurry home, hermetically seal the door to my bedroom which also hosts the gaming rig, and bask in the glory of BG risen from the grave. There might be a few tears shed.
  • EyebrowsEyebrows Member Posts: 8
    If I have a job by then, and If I work on that day, I'll probably wait till I get back from work.
    If I still dont have a job, I expect to be done with it by that Friday, Sunday if I decide to play D3 a bit during "breaks"
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    As a professional Let's Player as of this week, I'll LP it the day of release obviously.... Can't be much of a profession if I didn't do that, right? (I wonder if Overhaul will copyright claim the videos tho D: )
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    I'll be in the middle of an exam-session in university, so I'll try not to install bg until the session is over, but I preordered bgee anyway to show bg my love ^^
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    I lost my job a few months ago, so I have nothing but time and Baldur's Gate to do until the job market opens up.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I *might* get the chance to download the program on the 18th, but probably will have to wait until Wednesday. As for playing, it might go until Friday before I can. Active kids, plus my own activities, leave me little dedicated time during the work week.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    18 of September is a sort of "Independence day" so everyone has a lot of days off in my country. So Ill be drinking apple based alcohol with "empanadas" while I play BG.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I'm hoping that my brother, my boyfriend and I can all play together on the same day :)
  • phyltybophyltybo Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2012
    I took 18th and 19th off so i can play for those 2 days right after release! oh and I also told my girlfriend that she needs to have some kind of road trip/vacation/reunion with her out of town friends/not-at-home time for those days!!!
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    I anticipate a sleepy, grouchy Wednesday, September 19th.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    I will be working, maybe get some time to play after that. If only the release was one week earlier - we are visiting my wife's sister the weekend prior and she and the kids will be staying there for a week. Yes that's right, I will have the house all to myself for the week PRIOR to the release :(

Dear Beamdog,

Please let me pre-download and activate the game a week before launch, I won't tell anyone I swear ;)

Regards.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    On the 18th I have a symposium about empowerment followed by a barbecue, so I'll only be able to play it in the evening, but I surely hope I'll have the discipline to quit playing after a few hours of tasting, as I have to do a lecture for a class of students next day at 10:30. For me, that's early (I know, not for regular 40 hour-working-people, but I'm not regular, with my disability, 7 hours a week as a volunteer is heavy, and telling a class full of students what living with a handicap is like at 10:30 in the morning is extra heavy. So it's quit Baldur's Gate and take sleeping medication at 23:00, if I'm lucky enough to find the discipline.)
  • Bynary_FissionBynary_Fission Member Posts: 202
    Yeesh, reading the comments I just realized that the 18th is on a Tuesday, and I have classes for most of the day then...fortunately after 5:30 PM all the rest of the day can be spent playing, so I guess it won't be too much of a loss. ^_^
    Xavioria said:

I'm hoping that my brother, my boyfriend and I can all play together on the same day :)

Nice; me, my sister and mom will probably have a save together. That would be pretty sweet.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    @Quartz: Wow, your mom is pretty cool.

@Quartz: Wow, your mom is pretty cool.

Yeah she is. xD She's 54, too. She was the smartest of all three of us with the original Baldur's Gate ... ran a bard, my sis and I ran mages. xP I didn't beat the game until ~10 years later.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I'm actually off that day, so that's pretty cool.
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    19 days to go!
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    No plans for me so far.
  • TulimyrskyTulimyrsky Member Posts: 17
    Like most of us, I'll be at work for the day. But I get 2 days off after that :D
  • XylinaXylina Member Posts: 1
    I requested two days off from work to play. Looking forward to it.