Skip to content

Baldur's gate locked even after successfully completing Cloakwood

I was playing multiplayer with 2 characters I created. After I completed Cloakwood, I headed to Beregost to finish Vai's quest and, then, went to Baldur's Gate.
However, it was still locked: the Flaming Fist guard was still there, saying that the gates had been closed, and the bridge was up!
I read some scattered reports saying that it could be a bug related to using haste, boots of speed or going straight to Baldur's Gate from Cloakwood Mines. I was in fact using boots of speed, but so did I in many other ocasions and the bug didn't happen.
I didn't go straight to Baldur's Gate either, since I first stopped at Beregos to finish Vai's quest and then stopped at the area north of the Friendly Arm Inn, since I hadn't ulocked the Baldur's Gate bridge area yet.
I thought this was a multiplayer related issue, but my wife also played multiplayer with her own characters, all of them using boots of speed, and none of this happened. So I'm completely clueless about what could cause this!

If you wish, I can send the save file from which I can't go to Baldur's Gate.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @mctanaka
    Is it possible you killed Davaeorn on a different level of the mine to where he is encountered, or you left the area within a few seconds of killing him (journal probably shows chapter 4 if that is the case). If it is, and you have the console enabled you could try the following steps.
    Press the X key and make a note of your current ARnnnn location.
    Open the console and type C:MoveToArea("AR1804")
    Wait to see if a chapter transition happens. If it does, type C:MoveToArea("ARnnnn") as noted.

If you can't use the console please attach a save.
    Thanks
  • mctanakamctanaka Member Posts: 14
    Hello,
    I can't use the console, so here is the save file. It was in a multiplayer game, if it helps.
    Do you need the other files, such as the character portraits and the BALDUR.gam?

BTW, my journal does show the completed cloakwood quest in chapter 4. :smile:
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @mctanaka To upload a save file just zip the entire "00000####-your save name" folder and upload that.
  • mctanakamctanaka Member Posts: 14
    I did manage to circumvent the bug: I loaded the game in a previous location (3rd cloakwood forest) and went through the quest again. Strangely, this time everything worked fine, and not a long time after I killed Davaeorn, I checked the journal and I already was in chapter 5, as it should be.

However, here is the save file anyway. Might be useful.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Hmm, yeah. The instant I have your party enter AR1803 the script kicks in and advances the chapter. I suspect you killed him on another floor.