Skip to content

Marching mountains help

GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
So in the fire giant stronghold. I found all the ward stones and put them in the central orb. I got the xp and a message saying that the doors are open, but I still can't get up the stairs. It says that a magical force is blocking it.

Am I doing this wrong or is this a saga ending bug?

Comments

• dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    You could ctrl-J your party over it, especially if you already got the XP. If cheating is out of the question, I'd say it's a bug.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    How can I do that on my iphone?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2015
    @Troodon80 might be able to help you here. I just did the quest myself on a mac and it worked ok. So it might be an iphone specific issue.

I do vaguely recall this being an issue in an earlier build.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    @Grum Ehh...you can't. Sorry.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Grum If I could have a look at your save I may be able to figure out what is going on. Could you upload it?
    @Tresset: Thank you. I'll try to figure out how to the file onto here.
    I do not know the exact file structure of an iPad, but I suspect that you will need to transfer the folder that looks something like "00000####-your save name" to your computer and then zip the entire folder and upload the zip with the "attach a file" option under your comment space.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    This was a known issue in the v 1.2, there are workarounds for that

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29967/ipad-gamebreaking-force-field-in-yaga-sura-s-lair-not-dropping-in-spite-of-quest-xp-being-awarded

Don't you have v1.3 the latest patch? It was supposed to be fixed.
    Thank you for the link! I had just brought up Ifunbox to get the saved game up here and that thread had the answer.

I was almost ready to say "To end...like this?!" But now I get to die at the business end of a fire giant's axe instead. :)
    @lunar I suppose it is possible he visited the area before updating in which case the area would not be fixed by the patch.