Skip to content

Adding files to override folder not working

Hi,

I am trying to apply some hotfixes to my game, but they are not working properly. I have installed a few mods, so I already had an override folder created in my Data folder. However, when I dropped the hotfixes into this override folder, I saw no change in my game (I am trying to fix the APR issue with MMM, but adding the hotfix changes nothing).

Am I overlooking some setting I need to enable in my game to get this to work? Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    The override folder should be in the game (e.g. 00783) folder not the game data (e.g. 00783/Data) folder. If you unzip to that location and restart the game that should work.
  • MasterChefMasterChef Member Posts: 43
    Apologies for being unclear above, but my override folder is actually in the 00783 folder and not in the Data folder. Is there anything else I could be doing wrong?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I haven't looked at that override, it might be the case that it only works the next time MMM is cast.

There are a couple of other things I can think of, both may be obvious but worth mentioning in case one was overlooked.
    - Overrides should be added with the game closed.
    - Zipped files should be unzipped and the contents placed in the folder. The game won't recognise zipped files.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Make sure you spelled it right I guess... I dunno...
  • MasterChefMasterChef Member Posts: 43
    Thanks for the help - I realize now I did not unzip the files.