Skip to content

Two unrelated questions, one about mechanics/modding, the other about Bard RP.

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
Hello, all!

Soooooooooo

First, is it possible to use EEkeeper or a mod to give neutral clerics the rebuke undead that evil clerics have instead of turn undead? My Chaotic Neutral Cleric/Mage of Velsharoon needs power over the undead, not make them run away >_<

Also, can a class RP as something it's not?

Like, use the Bard to RP a failed mage who learned to steal as well. Or maybe a Blade Bard that only learns Necromancy spells and treat him like the rogue version of a Blackguard.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I think whether they get turn or rebuke is hard coded, but if you roll a cleric/paladin as an evil character I think you could just change their alignment to good and they would keep their rebuke. Haven't tested it though.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Hi there!

1) I have searched throughout the game for a 2da file that lets you edit turn undead, but couldn't find any. In fact, I haven't seen any mod yet which allows us to change that. Maybe a modder can you help you!

2)Yes, certainly.

Well, first of all in AD&D there is a bard kit called "charlatan", which is a bard who pretends to be something he is not, and usually makes people believe that. If that is not you're case, and you intend to treat him as a different class, then it is up to you.

If I were you, I'd just change the bard's biography to make his "class" more believable.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Vallmyr said:

Also, can a class RP as something it's not?
    Like, use the Bard to RP a failed mage who learned to steal as well. Or maybe a Blade Bard that only learns Necromancy spells and treat him like the rogue version of a Blackguard.

Sure.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Keep in mind that an evil Cleric will only control undead on higher levels. At first they always run away regardless of alignment.

• VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459

Haha, for the bard roleplay question: I did my first BG2:EE play-through with a blade and my roleplay was inspired by the "Access Every Stronghold" mod that I installed.

My blade was an actor... but not just an actor, a method actor! He had to feel his role. He couldn't just play a mage... he had to be a mage. So he picked up all his skills from learning to play his roles.

I did it because I needed to justify how my guy got to use all the strongholds.

Why would the Order of the Radiant Heart allow a foppish failed-actor buffoon into their most sacred order? Why, because he convinced them he was a paladin of course!

Why would Nalia trust me to protect her family home? Because I spoke like Ahnold in an 80s B-Movie action flick (she's quite naive anyway)

Why would the shadow thieves want a stage performer who can't even disarm a simple trap? Just pick their pockets and they will be impressed enough to forget to ask you about backstabbing.

Why would Imnesvale ask me to be their ranger or the druid enclave to be their archdruid? Because I'm all into nature, brah.

Oh, priest of Lathander you say? Why yes father, we are all humbled before the dawnfather (does Helm pay more?)

It wasn't the most serious play through... but it was fun to fool around with

I feel like bards could literally fit anywhere and everywhere XD

I guess that is a bonus of being a jack-of-all-trades.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Blades are already really showy figures who look like more capable fighters than they actually are. Also you can roleplay as a gloomy, pessimistic, nihilistic bard obsessed with the grave and death. There was even a dirgesinger kit in some mod for bg2. There was also the chorister kit for the more priestly bard that got some cleric spells. Really, you can add any flavour to bards.

Just don't play like that 'Brother' Ellraish in the Black Pits 2, that dude is a terrible actor and a very unconvincing supposed priest. (The character, not the voice actor, I mean. The voice actor does a very good job)