Skip to content

Interesting bug

GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
So I am doing a monk playthroughs and I reached the part where you and Bodhi fight beneath spellhold. You are supposed to turn into a slayer, she freaks out, and you turn back into your normal self.

I gibbed her after turning into a slayer and before her dialogue option came up. Meaning that my character is now stuck as a slayer. So permanent Str25 Dex25.

It's weird though. I ran this character to see Rasaad's romance, and because having the male and female monk fighting side by side looks cool. Now I'm debating whether to keep this save or not. It is obviously a big...but it looks like a pretty powerful one. Maybe in part because her magic resistance just jumped from 70-100% and her AC from -9 to -20...and she got to use offhand weapons without any penalties.

Not bad for a lvl 21 monk!

---edit---

Drat. I had planned to turn this into a solo run with Charname staying as the slayer. I'd have given her a new soundset and picture to represent the change, RPing it as her losing her soul. However, upon the next dream sequence she turned back into her normal, mundane self.

Post edited by Grum on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    edited March 2015
    Bodhi should definitely have an HP1 item for that fight. If she somehow doesn't then that is a bug that should be fixed.

Edit:
    She actually has an HP20 item so I have no idea how you managed this... No mods I assume so...
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    @Tresset that happened to me as well with no mod, even with her 20hp item. I figured it was a bug and then I just went to the encounter without any buffs (I had IH the first time) and all went well.
    @Arunsun Do you also play on an iPad?
    @Tresset : I play on an Android Smartphone
    If anyone had this happen and has a save file from before the encounter I would love to see it. Actually, any save file from just before the encounter would save me a lot of time.
    edited March 2015
    Are you guys absolutely sure you are killing her, or is it possible that she is turning into a bat and flying away, because I can make that happen...

You can easily tell if she is actually killed because you will see the gas form appear.
    Mmh you just gave me some doubt, that happened a couple of months ago.
    I am pretty sure she turned into gas form.
    What is 100% sure is that I did not have her "What? A creature of murder itself I must warn Irenicus" speech. But I was still in Slayer form, suffering no damage (you do suffer damage when you transform voluntarily) for as long as I wanted. I am making another playthrough and Spellhold is my next step, I'll see if I can make that happen
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Arunsun said:

Mmh you just gave me some doubt, that happened a couple of months ago.
    I am pretty sure she turned into gas form.
    What is 100% sure is that I did not have her "What? A creature of murder itself I must warn Irenicus" speech. But I was still in Slayer form, suffering no damage (you do suffer damage when you transform voluntarily) for as long as I wanted. I am making another playthrough and Spellhold is my next step, I'll see if I can make that happen

Pretty much Arunsun said, minus the next run. I'm restarting from BG1, so it'll be quite awhile...
    Hmm, my best guess is that you guys turned her into bat form instead of killing her, because I don't see how it would be possible for her to die while wearing that minhp item. For next time keep in mind that the bat form change has a very similar animation to the gas form change. Both of them play the "dispel magic wandering wisps" animation as they occur. The most obvious difference is that the gas form change will spawn a neutral creature with a cloud animation and a visible blue circle in place of the dead Bodhi that will wander off. The bat form has no blue circle and so you will not see it unless you look closely.

To be honest though this is likely a bit of a fluke. I doubt it will happen to you a second time unless you reload repeatedly to try to see it happen again. I will bring up my concerns about this encounter with some of my developer buddies and see what they think.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    As far as bugs go, it's not the most game breaking one out there. Simply resting takes care of it. That, and it was kind of cool to have Charname turn into an avatar of destruction...literally.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    So if resting removes the bug, then you could maintain Slayer form indefinitely just by never sleeping. You could just Wish-rest instead, and have a Charname with permanent 5APR. It would make a spectacular exploit if we could replicate it.
    edited March 2015
    Guys... If you really want to play the game as the slayer then I can make that happen for you... er, those of you with a console anyway...

To change into Slayer enter this code:
    C:Eval("ActionOverride(Player1,ReallyForceSpellRES(\"SPIN717\",Myself))")
    To change out of Slayer enter this code:
    C:Eval("ActionOverride(Player1,ReallyForceSpellRES(\"SPIN718\",Myself))")
    Boom. Enjoy the many bugs that this will indubitably cause.