Skip to content

[multiplayer?]The wrong Yoshimo shows up in Spellhold. (Spoilers)

HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
edited March 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
This bug occurred in my multiplayer game. Basically instead of the hostile Yoshimo that attacks the party once Irenicus flees, we got a generic Yoshimo that we could recruit back into the party. When we killed him, he did not drop any of the items he had pre-betrayal and the heart did not drop.

@ChildofBhaal599 should upload the save file shortly.
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited March 2015

first one (maeglin 50) is after the betrayal scene, second one is before. if you can, attempt to fix from the first one. if you must, fix from the second and upload it fixed from the same point I saved at. if we must do anything in that save to fix it then just give us the steps :)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @ChildofBhaal599 @Heindrich It appears as though this happened because Yoshimo's script was not switched to his post betrayal one. This should happen as a part of the cutscene in which Bodhi takes you to the Spellhold maze, but it obviously didn't for some reason... I suspect MP quirks are involved...

What items did he have pre-betrayal? Nothing important I hope. If he did have any items of REAL value then let me know and I will see if I can get them back for you.

Anyway, some options for a fix:

1. Minimal Effort: The only thing you really missed out on is getting his heart. No journal entries or variables or anything get added by Yoshimo's betrayal at this point so all you have to do is C:CreateItem("miscbu") to get his heart and you are good to go.

2. If you want, I fixed your "magelinyoshifix" save so that the encounter would work properly (had to use NI to fix it rather than keeper). I will upload it and you can just start from there if you want to experience yoshi's proper dialog.
    thank you, @Tresset. I'll go take a look at what items he had before the betrayal. likely we'll continue and just spawn the heart if the quest actually works properly without his encounter. we've all played before so we know how it goes and for those of us writing about it we can get reminders of it on youtube.

checked before posting. the most valuable stuff he has is leather armor +3 and worn whispers, so we should be fine without getting those back. I also suspect multiplayer due to another old thread somewhere of the same issue and the person specified MP.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited March 2015
    I looked at this a couple of times earlier but spent a bit longer on it today. I tried hosting on Windows with an Android client, and having Yoshimo controlled by the client. Everything worked as expected (he had the items I'd given him and was dual-classed as I left him) so I'm not sure what I'm missing.

@ChildofBhaal599 @Heindrich can you have a look through and see if there is anything obvious. e.g. was this sequence played through in 1 run or did you reload or split into several game sessions.
    Thanks

[Spoiler]
    1. Load the attached save in multiplayer.
    2. C:MoveToArea("AR1500") : Spellhold exterior
    3. Assign Jan and Yoshimo to a client device.
    4. Move Southwest and go through the door at x600 y1100 to enter Spellhold.
    5. Respond to the co-ordinator (1, 1, 1).
    6. Follow the co-ordinator, clicking through (ENTER) his introduction dialogues.
    7. Respond to Irenicus and Imoen when she is reached (all 1's).
    8. Respond to Irenicus when trapped in an oversized jar (all 1's).
    9. Complete the Bhaal dream.
    - Move to x1000 y1800 and respond to Bhaal (1)
    - Move to x2150 y1650 and respond to the demon (3)
    - Enter the building, move to Imoen at x900 y900 and respond to her (1)
    - Kill Bhaal (Ctrl/y), and click through his dialogue.
    10. Respond to Irenicus (1, 1).
    11. Respond to Bodhi (1, 1).
    12. Respond to Imoen (4, 1, 1, 1).
    13. C:SetGlobal("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",51)
    14. C:SetGlobal("WackoArmy","GLOBAL",1)
    15. From the Character Arbitration Screen (C), assign Jan to the main player so MoveToArea can be completed.
    16. C:MoveToArea("AR1515") : Spellhold interior
    17. Move to Lonk the Sane at x500 y900 and respond to him (1, 1).
    18. Kill Lonk (Ctrl/y).
    19. Respond to Tiax to confront Irenicus (3, 3).
    20. Respond to Irenicus (3).
    21. Get Irenicus to near-death (Ctrl/y), then move away in case he casts a horrible wilting.
    22. Once Irenicus teleports away, respond to Yoshimo (2, 2).
    23. When Yoshimo turns hostile, force him into the party (Ctrl/Q).
    [/Spoiler]

edit. I got a quicksave in after Irenicus left and before Yoshimo talked. Loading that sees him try to rejoin so that is part way there, but his levels and equipment were still as I'd left them rather than his original ones.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @Gate70 The sequence above was not done in one session, but two or three, so I guess that has something to do with the problem?

I don't see any save file attached in your comment. I guess you removed it? I'd be happy to help, though I don't know the mechanics particularly well so you might need to talk me through stuff like "Assign Jan and Yoshimo to a client device." (I'm not sure what that means.) Also does it matter who is hosting the game? @ChildofBhaal599 is the host in our weekly games.
    Heindrich said:

@Gate70 The sequence above was not done in one session, but two or three, so I guess that has something to do with the problem?

I don't see any save file attached in your comment. I guess you removed it? I'd be happy to help, though I don't know the mechanics particularly well so you might need to talk me through stuff like "Assign Jan and Yoshimo to a client device." (I'm not sure what that means.) Also does it matter who is hosting the game? @ChildofBhaal599 is the host in our weekly games.

honestly from the sound that to fix it we would have to go back to before our capture I've decided to forget about it and instead spawn the heart. I mean, if I am unable to actually turn it in then I can just drop it there as though I did and we give up on whatever reward we get. although I was slightly dissapointed by the lack of a yoshi fight, considering I was hoping to send Maeglin up to 1v1 him :)
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    OK. I was trying to work out why it happened for you but I couldn't recreate. At this stage I'm not sure if it is a general issue, multiplayer specific or a one off glitch. Short of playing through in full it may be trial and error.

Will see if I can test over multiple sessions. Which of you was controlling Yoshimo and what was his status when you met up with Imoen (dead/alive, visible/hidden, in sight/out of range or around a corner). I'm fairly sure he was in the party at that stage but if that's not the case let me know.
    Thanks
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @Gate70 I was controlling Kang and Yoshimo. @ChildofBhaal599 had the protagonist (Maeglin) and Viconia. Two other players controlled Donathal and Andre.

Also I can confirm that Yoshimo was in the party when when arrived at Spellhold... I very much doubt that he was in stealth mode because I leave most of that to Maeglin, though it is possible that Yoshimo was out of visual range of Imoen because he had fallen behind during the "Spellhold tour".
    edited March 2015
    @heindrich that actually explains a lot, come to think about it. you were controlling yoshimo. it may have screwed up with my client giving him the proper strings to fight us and all that.
    Post edited by ChildofBhaal599 on