Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,169

Ygramul said:

Could you point to a sequence of links and an idiot-proof install guide if at all possible.

(I am running Mac/Steam.)

I'm not on Mac so can't comment on that. For my current setup I've used BigWorldSetup and it make sure all is installed in proper order. The link to Revised SCS is here. You might get some answers there. And check readme file for on MacOS installation and installation order with other mods (I just don't know which ones you might want to use). I also strongly recommend to use Item Revisions in conjunction with Spell Revisions or you might get some weird issues (fighting SR Basilisks without Pro vs Petrification and some items/spells not working as you are used to is not a fun, especially in no-reload run).

Hm, I've been running just SR in this run and noticed on one or two occasions that items didn't protect me as expected. I guess that's a possible explanation. I should really have done a full reinstall but wasn't sure of the BWS situation then.

Wise_Grimwald
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    @Ygramul Since I'm on a Mac too and I use IR/SR, here's my list of manual install order for BG1 and BG2.

Everything seems to be ok, but I have messed up strings on animal summons (be it for familiar, animal summons from druids, etc), so there might be optimization to be done with my lists. However, everything else works : armor changes, spell changes, wizard's spell choices, etc... That's the only thing I noticed on my install, and I went deep into ToB with it. It should be a good starting point for you.

Oh, and replace CDTweaks with Anthology Tweaks for the BG2 list. Since I know Anthology depreciated a bunch of tweak mods, I didn't replace it on my list.

And no, I don't always install everything on my list (specially in BG2), it's just a reminder for general order of things.

Hope that helps.
    Grond0Serg_BlackStriderJuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 995
    I'm having a problem in my run. I dual classed Imoen to mage, but things aren't working right. (I'm just BG 1 EE, no mods other than SoD) The Evermemory (the ring that supposedly doubles 1st level mage spells) didn't work for her. In addition, she got just go to level 2, and the game claimed she got another level 1 spell slot, but she actually did not. If I get her to level 3, but she doesn't get a level 2 spell slot, I may have to abandon her - and not ever dual in EE too, since maybe my own characters might get the same problem.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    Make sure you don't have any files left in the override folder and your game is indeed pure BG1:EE+SoD.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 995

Make sure you don't have any files left in the override folder and your game is indeed pure BG1:EE+SoD.

Since I never install mods, I don't know how it can be anything but a pure BG 1:EE + SoD. But I'll check the override folder when I get home.
  • Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 759
    Grond0 said:

That led them to find a baby green dragon in an encounter area and aiding it gained them a bit more treasure - including another ioun stone (though following up on a conversation with @Alesia_BH I did confirm that the new ioun stones in SoD don't provide critical protection).

Noted. So the newly introduced ones don't provide critical hit protection, but the old ones do?

Best,

A.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Alesia_BH said:

Noted. So the newly introduced ones don't provide critical hit protection, but the old ones do?

I don't think so. I think that the intention was to remove critical protection in all games, but that the fix didn't work in BG2. I suspect that when they release the next update that's likely to 'correct' the situation in BG2.
    JuliusBorisovAerakarWise_Grimwaldlolien
    edited September 2017
    Alesia_BH said:

Grond0 said:

I don't think so. I think that the intention was to remove critical protection in all games, but that the fix didn't work in BG2.

That's possible, too. The distinction could be SoD vs BG2, rather than old stone vs new stone. It would depend, in part, on how the change was implemented.

It would be easy enough to test, if we cared to.
    Grond0 said:

I suspect that when they release the next update that's likely to 'correct' the situation in BG2.

That's a possibility. EE's intentions regarding the stones seem clear. I like using them on warriors: they provide excellent bonuses and they look nice. But I do see the logic in stripping them of their critical protection abilities.

Best,

A.

Noted. Thanks!
    JuliusBorisov
    edited September 2017
    Condolences, Grond0 :'(
    Post edited by Alesia_BH on
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    @Corey_Russell Just to confirm, Evermemory is working for characters other than Imoen, correct?