Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    ussnorway said:

@Ygramul a pally no reload tends to be a solo run or a stand at the back fighter... I assume both these options are out unless you are ok with throwing daggers | axes?

Due to RP habits, I could never bring myself to use daggers on a Pally.

Due to similar OCD habits, I always party with a full team.

I don't think I have the discipline to survive a solo noreload -- with anything other than maybe a Sorcerer.

Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
    @Alesia_BH @Grond0

Thank you for the excellent advice and detailed comments!

Some followup thoughts:

- The Claw: almost surprised to hear it, actually.
    I thought the +4 penalty to death saves was too risky. Can one reliably use Death Ward? (Probably dispelled at the worst moment.) Also, 2HP/lvl is not to cheap either.

The Ioun Stone seems... wasteful. Essentially TWO slots used then to achieve some +3 saves (except Death which barely breaks even).
    Helm of Balduran + a ring with +2 saves seems to give the same without the 2HP/lvl loss.
    Do I miss something here?

O, more generally, what Ring + Amulet + Cloak combination do you go for BG1->ToB?

Maybe:
    cloak: [Balduran -> +2 protection]
    rings: [Free Action] + [fire prot -> +2 prot]
    amulet: [something with save bonus]
    ?

- Don't Free Action items protect again Stun now? I'm surprised to hear that Stun is a problem late game (which I rarely survive to with a melee character).
    (Also, is there a Free Action ring in BG2?)

- (Forgot what 'NPP status' stands for.)
    Why should I not melee Vampires? (Assuming I have level drain protection.)

Thanks again.

Arctodus said:

Soooooo....

After much researching, I have a preliminary list of Honorable Mentions and the list of successes from the Bioware forum for you @Ygramul. This is not an exhuastive list. Please, pretty please everyone, feel free to suggest other memorable mentions.

Just added these to the OP.

Thanks!

ArctodusJuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 558
    There's no 'd' in 'parting,' other than that thanks for the title shoutout.

• Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 159
    edited September 2017
    Arctodus said:

Note : the links to the Bioware successes won't work, because these runs are now on the archives provided by @Serg_BlackStrider.
    BG1
    BG2

Most of those success links (which were on the latest forum.bioware.com, not on the former social.bioware.com) will work if someone edit them this way:
    1. Add *blackstrider.net/forum_bioware_arhiv* at the beginning of the link
    2. Replace /?p=XXXXXXXX with proper /page-XXX.html#entryXXXXXXXX at the end

But to make #2 one need to browse those archives all over again to find needed entries. Which just means creating the most part of the Hall from the scratch.

Post edited by Serg_BlackStrider on
  • Alesia_BHAlesia_BH Member Posts: 408
    Arctodus said:

Soooooo....

After much researching, I have a preliminary list of Honorable Mentions and the list of successes from the Bioware forum

Thank you for your efforts, Arctodus! Excellent work!

Best,

A.

ArctodusSerg_BlackStriderJuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald
    edited September 2017
    Alesia_BH said:

.... When you get into the minutiae, the Claw looks even more appealing ....

Thank you for the very detailed response. I am convinced enough to make a RP reason for my character to hold on to the Claw on this run.

Also, the immunity list is very interesting:
    https://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/SpellsReference/Immunities.htm

I remember running into before, but never paid much attention to it.

Wait? What!
    The Jansen Spectroscopes provide immunity to Blindness?!
    I had no idea!

Okay, one more question:

Would you use the Amulet of Power for a Cavalier? (Remember I have a full party, so Imoen/Jan/Viconia/Jaheira etc. will be contending for it, but I want to make sure that charname gets the best protection.)

P.S. I am not sure if I actually use SCS-enhanced vampires. After getting frustrated at an earlier run on SCS-enhanced dopplegangers I had decided not to use components of SCS that change creature abilities drastically.

Post edited by Ygramul on
    Wise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovlolien