Skip to content

"We're All Doomed". Blackraven's No-Reload SCS runs, latest CHARNAME: Streg, Half-Orc Cleric/Thief

Comments

• EA1EA1 Member Posts: 31
    Few words:
    Great run!
    Take the armor!
    E
    Blackravenlolien
  • ScourgeScourge Member Posts: 97
    edited December 2014
    1) I recommend the helm of Balduran, sincerely. Especially if you are going to use item revision in bg2:ee

Gaax ring and the ring of protection +3 beat everything

if you are evil you won't use the ring of course, because you would be using the skin armor. So your take if you still wish the helm of balduran or not, really.

2) yes, take the armor.
    Post edited by Scourge on
    lolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    +1 to @bengoshi‌ ! You have here a very interesting new character, and I'm already liking him a lot !

Can you throw your special traps in your setup ?
    JuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaakBlackraven
  • EA1EA1 Member Posts: 31
    edited December 2014
    You can throw traps in BG2EE no problem, as long as you dont change that by RR. TBH I dont think a bounty hunter would be able to make it solo to Melissan.. ever.. Their traps become absolete in TOB. At least the assassin would be able to abuse time traps + poison, but a bounty hunter becomes a vanilla thief. Of course its still fun to play. :)
    Gr E
    BlackravenJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    edited December 2014
    - Blackraven, how do you recharge items? You can sell them only once, then if you steal them, you are doomed to not recharge them.

- also, how do you take all the stuff you need with yourself? I mean, I'm finding my inventory quite limited for what I need to take with me (from belts, to different weapons, etc)
    Blackravenlolien
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited December 2014
    Hey @Scourge, how are things? I see you've updated on Bane, will read in a minute.

As to your questions:
    - I don't generally recharge items, though with my WS I sold a RoR and bought it back with 10 charges. I didn't know you could only sell them once.
    - In my BGT install Thalantyr sells a Bag of Holding and Mulahey drops one when killed, so inventory management doesn't trouble me (in BGEE it's a different story of course). I think that in BGEE Thalantyr sells a potion bag, Firebead gives a scroll case for fetching his book in Beregost, and Neera can be killed or recruited and dismissed for her gem bag. If you haven0t already acquired those items, I'd recommend you to do so.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    edited December 2014
    Yes, I've updated, but it was less storyline and more of a report :P

Thanks for telling. I didn't save Neera yet.
    Blackravenlolien
    No more noreload? :'(
    Goturallolien
    Hey @Scourge :) Glad to see you're still interested in these runs! A couple of months back I kind of promised @CharlestonianTemplar to roll a Mythical/Historical hero so that his Gawain wouldn't be all alone in that thread. You can read about William Tell the crossbow from here onward. Strictly speaking it's a minimal reload thread, but I'm playing it as no-reload. Otherwise I'm following CT's rules (including the rule that the character has to be roleplayed and the rule that all quests including TotSC quests have to be done).

I also have an axe-wielding dwarven Fighter/Thief who butchered his way into Amn without reloading, but I haven't posted about him yet. I've somehow enjoyed that playthrough less than my Priest of Talos (which was a lot of fun with Divine Remix giving the kit a selection of Cleric spells and Druid spells).

GoturalJuliusBorisov
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    This sounds amazing. I just wish it wasn't so tedious to install mods on ipad.
    Blackravenlolien
    @Blackraven‌ I tried and failed repeatedly to get scs working in bg2ee after having so much fun with in bg1ee. No idea what I did wrong but it just refused to work for me despite multiple attempts and reinstalls.

Maybe you could zip up your overdrive folder and post it somewhere?
    Blackraven
    @Wowo, atm I don't have a BG2EE install with SCS or any other mods because I still need to switch to the new patch and then decide on mods. Will do so probably one of these days, and will then let you know.
    JuliusBorisovlolien

@Wowo, atm I don't have a BG2EE install with SCS or any other mods because I still need to switch to the new patch and then decide on mods. Will do so probably one of these days, and will then let you know.

I was only semi serious but that would be really cool.

I was only semi serious but that would be really cool.
    Blackravenlolien
    Not a lot of progress to report, but a careful start in Athkatla. has been made. Nymand solved the troubles at the Circus without difficulty (not letting the Shadows distract him, focusing instead directly on Kalah). Stealth helped him through the first ambush. He would have liked to acquire Arbane's Sword there, but felt himself insufficiently prepared to deal with a cleric and a mage, and so he walked off. A second ambush soon followed: poisoned Renfeld. Again, no blood was spilt. Nymand approached the ambushers hidden in shadows, picked up Renfeld, and brought the man to Rylock.
    At the Copper Coronet he discovered that its owner, Lethinan, was keeping slaves to perform for his public. He battled the Beastmaster for the prison keys. This battle was complicated when Nymand inadvertently entered one of the fighting rings (locking himself in), rather than walking around it. Invisibility + oil of speed + duhm gave him the edge however against the Beastmaster. As soon as he found a way, he left the pit and used his increased speed to hide and backstab the pets.
    imageimage
    The slaves were released, Lethinan was slain with a backstab, and Hendak took control of the Copper Coronet. Nymand promised Hendak to deal with the rampant slavery in the city in a more permanent way, but he postponed that job. Before he left, he slew a Dwarven child killer for a stuffed bear that the spirit of the murdered chuld had asked him for at the Graveyard District. In the Bridge District he investigated the Skinner Murders, but the culprit, Reijek, eluded him. He was nevertheless rewarded for his efforts by Lieutenant Aegisfield.
    A lone wolf, Nymand isn't one to associate himself with a Thieves Guild, but eager for gold he went to offer his services to the local Shadow Thieves nonetheless. He accepted to infiltrate a guildhouse for Renal Bloodscalp and look for proof of treachery by the manager of the guildhouse, Mae'Var. He did a simple job for Mae'Var and was then sent to work for Edwin, the Wizard of Thay. The first job for Edwin was to dispatch a mage called Rayic Gethras, but when Nymand sought the latter out, he had a change of heart. The fact that Rayic Gethras had more than a handful of pet Mephits and two huge Stone Golems suggested that the mage was probably too powerful for him to take on without better equipment.
    Difficulty again with the Mephits:
    Nymand, not at all amused by Edwin's idea to set him up against the powerful mage, struck a deal with Rayic Gethras: Nymand would leave a 1500 GP bail and return with Edwin when convenient, at which moment Gethras would deal with Edwin, and Nymand would get his gold back plus a reward for his work. Thus, Nymand continued to work with/for Edwin and Mae'Var until written evidence of Mae'Var's betrayal of the Shadow Thieves was secured. (Nymand could have doublecrossed Renal Bloodscalp and inform Mae'Var of what was going on, but he decided he liked Renal better, so he didn't.) Edwin was brought before Rayic Gethras, and slain by Gethras right in front of Nymand. For one moment Nymand felt a pang of guilt, but he realized that he had only exposed Edwin to the exact same danger that the Red Wizard had exposed him to.
    imageimage
    (I had never used this option before, and so I didn't know what was going to happen exactly. Edwin - no longer in the party - tried to fight Rayic: he cast a spell but was interrupted. He was already slowed and injured by one of the Stone Golems. I wonder how a well-buffed Edwin at full health and with good spells memorized, would have fared, but that'll have to be something for another playthrough.)
    Before he would no longer be welcome at Mae'Var's guildhouse he quaffed five potions of master thievery (for 240 or 250 pickpockets) to rob Gorch. This was done initially for the potions such as those of invisibility and speed, but Nymand ended up appropriating weapons and other items as well. This was all so thrilling, not in the least because of the slight chance he'd get busted, that he went shopping for free at other stores as well in the Docks, Bridge, Promenade and Slums districts, including Bernard at the CC, and even in the sewers (Roger the Fence). Nymand never got busted and he now keeps more than a thousand enchanted arrows in an ammo belt, and he owns dozens of useful potions, and plenty of spells that might become useful at some point. Also, the fencing of stolen goods netted him more gold than he had ever had (>50k GP), which allowed him the purchase of items that could not be stolen, such as Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise and Mercykiller Ring at the Adventurer Mart, and a Deep Red Ioun Stone identical to the one he had bought once at the High Hedge, as well as the Black Cat's Claw (Ninja-To +2, +1 Dex, +1 Luck), an enchanted buckler useful mainly for its daily Improved Invisibility ability, and a cowl that gives immunity to backstab and poison, all from his friend Marina at the Thieves Guild.
    At the Graveyard district Nymand entered one the tombs where he met Pai'Na, a Hive Mistress, and agreed to retrieve Spiders's Bane for her from its wielders in the Sewers. Hidden in shadows he snuck past Spiders and Beholders to complete this quest.
    imageimage
    (Near the spiders' den Nymand triggered an Enfeeblement trap I had forgotten about. I was afraid it was a Charm, so I had Nymand quaff a potion of Clarity; when he got enfeebled, invisbility kept him safe from the spiders.)
    He was rewarded with Kitthix, the Black Spider Figurine, and had Cromwell upgrade it to make it a bit hardier in battle. In the Bridge District, Improved Kitthix immediately proved her worth against Tirdir's buriers.
    Nymand has just met Lynn, and he has agreed to work for her. (Assassinations mod)
    He also still has the Slaver Compound, and the dismantling of Mae'Var high on his to do list.
    Nymand is currently level 14, with Find and Set Traps around 100 (thanks in part to items), with his average stealth around 120 (thanks again to items), and with 100 Detect Illusions. He was already proficient in Short Swords/Ninja-To and Shortbows, and has achieved *** in Two Weapon Fighting. If he reaches level 16, his next proficiency will probably be Clubs so that he can work with blunt weapons as well.
    lolienRavenslightJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak