Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 2,371
    @lroumen You can be other races if you have the appropriate mods. Even without them you could create a character and then use EE Keeper to change race, though I suppose that you knew that.

• JabberwockJabberwock Member Posts: 17
    So I've been using holy word in my current playthrough, after reading about semiticgod and others using it to good effect. I'm a little bit shocked by how good it is (or seems to be).

In fact, it seems to effectively be 100% spell failure by messing with mage AI scripts and convincing them not to cast at all (other than special abilities).

Am I missing something? That's such a wildly, grossly overpowered spell effect but it gets almost no accolades in any of the "best spell discussions" and seems to have very low awareness for how good it is.

A 1 cast time, AoE, no save effect that shuts down enemy casters and goes through all their spell protections. That's incredibly powerful. It has made every lich fight in the game a joke so far. Slight difficulty once as one of them ability cast a dark planetar.

Am I missing something?

Mantis37CrevsDaaklolien
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 694
    @Grond0 in your post #12 you mentioned several times you only have 1 APR - is your character not allowed to use haste potions? Also, I do remember @Alesia_BH saying Abazigal has infinite stoneskins (his ability for being part god I guess).

Wise_Grimwald
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,128

Grond0 in your post #12 you mentioned several times you only have 1 APR - is your character not allowed to use haste potions?

The War Hulk kit's limited to one ApR.

StummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwaldsemiticgodlolien
    CrevsDaak said:

Grond0 in your post #12 you mentioned several times you only have 1 APR - is your character not allowed to use haste potions?

In that case, it's incredible Grond0 can make progress in ToB with only 1 APR...there are so many enemies there.

semiticgodCrevsDaaklolien
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 1,839

@lroumen You can be other races if you have the appropriate mods. Even without them you could create a character and then use EE Keeper to change race, though I suppose that you knew that.

True, but IA is kind of special in the modding scene so I don't really want to gamble anything there. I could always extend the class but meh, too much work. I'd rather play :)

Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 5,321

CrevsDaak said:

In that case, it's incredible Grond0 can make progress in ToB with only 1 APR...there are so many enemies there.
    Attacks may be few and far between, but when they're doing 120+ damage each even ToB enemies notice them :p.

Wise_GrimwaldCorey_RussellCrevsDaaklolien
  • semiticgodsemiticgod Member, Moderator Posts: 13,524
    @Grond0: I've also wondered about Abazigal's Stoneskins. How often did he cast them? It seems like you'd have to spend 10 rounds cutting through a single Stoneskin.

edited July 2018

Diary of Nigretta

Drasus et al proved to be no problem as I was expecting them.
    Tylus however was not expected and killed Ajantis.
    We took advantage of the trip to Beregost to hand in a wyvern skull thus gaining a considerable amount of gold. This was used at the FAI to pay for the creation of a powerful helmet from another wyvern skull.
    We then returned to the Cloakwood mines.
    I have been told that gold is no problem in the Sword Coast. You could have fooled me!! Every time that it is necessary to raise a friend it costs me 800 gold pieces!!

EnuhalStummvonBordwehrCrevsDaaklolien
    edited July 2018
    @Corey_Russell The priests of Lathander however are GOOD, as is Aerie. (Also rep and charisma are both 20.) Because I am good too. :)

@Wise_Grimwald I don't think the sticker shock had to do with alignment, but more a function of low CHA, low reputation, and possibly Imoen's high level - think she was a level 5 thief dualed to mage and was level 9 in mage.

Wise_GrimwaldAerakarCrevsDaaklolien