Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Corey_Russell Hard luck.
    Corey_Russell
    @lroumen You can be other races if you have the appropriate mods. Even without them you could create a character and then use EE Keeper to change race, though I suppose that you knew that.
  • JabberwockJabberwock Member Posts: 75
    So I've been using holy word in my current playthrough, after reading about semiticgod and others using it to good effect. I'm a little bit shocked by how good it is (or seems to be).

In fact, it seems to effectively be 100% spell failure by messing with mage AI scripts and convincing them not to cast at all (other than special abilities).

Am I missing something? That's such a wildly, grossly overpowered spell effect but it gets almost no accolades in any of the "best spell discussions" and seems to have very low awareness for how good it is.

A 1 cast time, AoE, no save effect that shuts down enemy casters and goes through all their spell protections. That's incredibly powerful. It has made every lich fight in the game a joke so far. Slight difficulty once as one of them ability cast a dark planetar.

Am I missing something?
    Mantis37CrevsDaaklolien
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    @Grond0 in your post #12 you mentioned several times you only have 1 APR - is your character not allowed to use haste potions? Also, I do remember @Alesia_BH saying Abazigal has infinite stoneskins (his ability for being part god I guess).
    Wise_Grimwald
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Grond0 in your post #12 you mentioned several times you only have 1 APR - is your character not allowed to use haste potions?

The War Hulk kit's limited to one ApR.
    StummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwaldsemiticgoddesslolien
    CrevsDaak said:

Grond0 in your post #12 you mentioned several times you only have 1 APR - is your character not allowed to use haste potions?

In that case, it's incredible Grond0 can make progress in ToB with only 1 APR...there are so many enemies there.
    semiticgoddessCrevsDaaklolien
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508

@lroumen You can be other races if you have the appropriate mods. Even without them you could create a character and then use EE Keeper to change race, though I suppose that you knew that.

True, but IA is kind of special in the modding scene so I don't really want to gamble anything there. I could always extend the class but meh, too much work. I'd rather play :)
    Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

CrevsDaak said:

In that case, it's incredible Grond0 can make progress in ToB with only 1 APR...there are so many enemies there.
    Attacks may be few and far between, but when they're doing 120+ damage each even ToB enemies notice them :p.
    Wise_GrimwaldCorey_RussellCrevsDaaklolien
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Grond0: I've also wondered about Abazigal's Stoneskins. How often did he cast them? It seems like you'd have to spend 10 rounds cutting through a single Stoneskin.
    edited July 2018

Diary of Nigretta

Drasus et al proved to be no problem as I was expecting them.
    Tylus however was not expected and killed Ajantis.
    We took advantage of the trip to Beregost to hand in a wyvern skull thus gaining a considerable amount of gold. This was used at the FAI to pay for the creation of a powerful helmet from another wyvern skull.
    We then returned to the Cloakwood mines.
    I have been told that gold is no problem in the Sword Coast. You could have fooled me!! Every time that it is necessary to raise a friend it costs me 800 gold pieces!!
    EnuhalStummvonBordwehrCrevsDaaklolien
    edited July 2018
    @Corey_Russell The priests of Lathander however are GOOD, as is Aerie. (Also rep and charisma are both 20.) Because I am good too. :)
    @Wise_Grimwald I don't think the sticker shock had to do with alignment, but more a function of low CHA, low reputation, and possibly Imoen's high level - think she was a level 5 thief dualed to mage and was level 9 in mage.
    Wise_GrimwaldAerakarCrevsDaaklolien