Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Knuckles the bounty hunter has met his demise at the hands of a druid in the druid grove, who got him with a call lightning spell.

I screwed up: I could’ve used a prot from lightning potion, but downed a regenerate potion instead.

I think I’ll try a dwarf defender next.

What classes (aside from bounty hunter) haven’t made it yet?
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,860
    edited January 26
    Klorox wrote: »
    Knuckles the bounty hunter has met his demise at the hands of a druid in the druid grove, who got him with a call lightning spell.

I think that this list is up to date:

Ranger
    Stalker
    Priest of Helm
    Priest of Talos
    Shapeshifter
    Avenger
    Abjurer, Conjurer, Diviner, Invoker, Necromancer
    Thief
    Bounty Hunter

Journal of Talossus

x5nc2y4dp0rp.jpg

Due to the fact that this class hasn't been completed yet.

I must admit that I like the portrait. All that I have altered is the shield.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    Klorox wrote: »

I think that this list is up to date:

Ranger
    Stalker
    Priest of Helm
    Priest of Talos
    Shapeshifter
    Avenger
    Abjurer, Conjurer, Diviner, Invoker, Necromancer
    Thief
    Bounty Hunter

Cool portrait. Thanks for the list. Maybe I’ll try one of the druids.
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member, Moderator Posts: 952
    Not quite up to date - I've finished both Invoker and Shapeshifter, but sadly they haven't been added to the hall yet, propably due to a current lack of mod activity.
    Enuhal wrote: »
    Not quite up to date - I've finished both Invoker and Shapeshifter, but sadly they haven't been added to the hall yet, propably due to a current lack of mod activity.

Thanks!

What about dual classes, like berserker > druid, for example. Have these been done? Do they make the list?

• EnuhalEnuhal Member, Moderator Posts: 952
    We decided not to include dual classes into the "missing classes" post, because due to the fact that you could dual class at any possible level, and playing a fighter 1/thief 26 is a vastly different experience compared to playing a fighter 13/thief 14, so realistically, every single possible level combination of all possible dual classes would have to be included - which is just too much. Multiclasses, however, were added, because they are static, but they've all been successfully done by now.
    edited January 28
    Enuhal wrote: »
    We decided not to include dual classes into the "missing classes" post, because due to the fact that you could dual class at any possible level, and playing a fighter 1/thief 26 is a vastly different experience compared to playing a fighter 13/thief 14, so realistically, every single possible level combination of all possible dual classes would have to be included - which is just too much. Multiclasses, however, were added, because they are static, but they've all been successfully done by now.

A shame as I have been planning on a berserker druid, but I can understand why. When I do it I hope to dual at level 7 or 9. However I will currently continue trying with Clerics of Talos and Helm.

Journal of Talossus Continued.

My first run came to an abrupt end when fighting the ankheg near Tenya. Since I had several attempts after fleeing when near death, I came to the connclusion that a level 1 cleric isn't up to the task.

Second run.
    Talossus went south instead and an ogrillon left him with 1hp before he fled. After resting in Beregost it was the ogrillon that died! :)

The second one died easily so Talossus became level 2 and now has a ring of protection. :)

Went to Nashkel picking uo ankheg armour there and then going to FAI on the way to Tenya who was pleased to get her bowl back. Then killed three ankheg and sold their shells. Used the gold to get rep up to 13, boosten it to 14 by returning the Colquetle amulet, then 15 by taking a tome to Firebead. Returned Joia's ring. Rep 16. :)

Helping out Farmer Brun turned me into a hero. :D Anyone would think that I was doing good things out of the goodness of my heart, when the only reason that I do them is to get bargains in the stores! >:)

A few more ankheg shells and it will be time for a shopping spree!
    ncerwdudjy00.jpeg
    I present, the First Avenger who will ascend!

At least, I’m giving it a shot LOL. Just had a great roll and I’m gonna explore Candlekeep.
    edited February 6

The first ankheg that I killed was the one near Tenya. This was followed by others. They became easier and easier as I levelled up.

i5ex73gbkf83.jpg

Unfortunately I was unable to help Melicamp who died. :(

Bassilus was silenced and then attacked by skeletons followed by myself. He wasn't difficult to kill.

gvd1i8m8rryp.jpg

The skeletons were a big help when I fought Greywolf.

23asrtneazg4.jpg

I took Samuel to the FAI for healing and then killed Tarnesh.

68285485amfu.jpg

The battle with Droth wasn't easy as Shoal had almost killed me. However I prevailed against both Droth and Shoal. :)

635887wavi1h.jpg
    kaui0gmbgojs.jpg

I used skeletons against some sirine. Both the skeletons and the sirine fell leaving me victorious.

e00okv26uqf1.jpg

The skeletons also proved invaluable when fighting Zargos and some other sirine.

k57tcn9mh6vj.jpg
    gz8euuznzrpc.jpg
    kvlujrunwcuw.jpg

Near Candlekeep I recruited both Xzar and Montaron and Montaron has helped me to acquire various goods without payment. :)

A visit to High Hedge impoverishe me despite the prices being just about as low as they will get. :(

Landrin gave me 6 potions that will help against poison and we ran into a rather rude half-orc named Dorn.

At Ulgoth's Beard Montaron acquired still more goods. We discovered a great store there but we only had 6 gold pieces so shopping will have to wait. :( Perhaps we will have to find some more ankheg in due time.

South of Nashkel the rude half-orc that we met at the FAI gave us some help against some bandits. I suppose that he cannot be all bad despite him being a Blackguard. He is joining up with me as we may be able to help each other.

We killed Kryll and are now hunting ankheg.

We earned enough to buy shadow armour.

Montaron got caught thieving and upon trying to bribe the guards our rep fell by 1.

I bade them farewell as I don't want to get tarred with the same brush as them.

I then bade Dorn farewell and a while later Ajantis joined the party. Together we will hunt ankheg until he levels up.
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 1,002
    Trio 57 Update 1
    Cordan - human priest of tempus, protagonist (Corey_Russell)
    Nappa - half-elf dragon disciple (Gate70)
    Saki - gnomish cleric/thief (Grond0)

So the party cleared out the Caldo and Krumm area, and obtained the CHA easily enough and without incident.

So since Cordan has skeletons, Cordan decided to try to take out the sirines at the pirate cave area. This turned out to be difficult as Cordan got charmed despite skeleton distractions but the party prevailed against the sirines all the same. Cordan tried some silences which helped somewhat. The caves were a bit dicey with one party member unable to hurt the golems at all. But with strength bonuses for Cordan, potion of absorption on Cordan, and backstabs, we were able to kill the golems after all.

Next up was going after ankhegs. With the many sleeps and commands we were able to clear them out. For safety, Cordan had used protection from acid to help insure success. Good thing as one ankheg hit on him was a critical which dropped him 1/2 life even with his protection! Yikes! But luckily his armor (-6) was making it difficult for the ankhegs to hit him.

We had some good money, so Cordan purchased some full plate. We then tried out Durlag's tower. Magic missiles were from Nappa were useful to wear out battle horrors. We skipped the powerful enemies at the surface and tried to go inside. We got the attention from some ghasts and poor Nappa got held and killed. So we did the long run to resurrect her. We came back and avenged her. We took on basilisks, pretty straightforward with skeletons and PfP (arcane spell) on lead characters. Then Cordan got the wand of heavans, returned and took down the battle horrors on the surface - succeess! Everyone got a level here.

A brief stop to hold Greywolf was done for the experience, then we obtained the fire resistance ring and rescued Samuel.

an0q4y9cdvez.jpg

By now, it seemed high time to venture into the Naskkel Mines. Our levels were about level 6, and the kobolds naturally were easy prey with our good equipment and HP. Mulahey was silenced which made defeating him a breeze. We ran out of time here, amazons will be our next target next session.
    edited February 6

Once Ajantis had levelled up, we bought him a +1 sword in Beregost. Together, we went mto the Lighthouse area where Safana joined us.
    We looted the cave and then headed south where we helped Charlstonian Nib and Brage.
    We then headed for the gnoll stronghold where Dynaheir joined us. We returned to Nashkel where Ajantis was replaced by Minsc. Now looking for a potion to help Dynaheir memorise spells. She has difficulty with some of the more important ones. :(

EDIT

By using a potion of genius, Dynaheir was able to memorise all the spells available at High Hedge. :) We then went to the FAI where she will identified all our equipment. We sold a lot of surplus weaponry and were then able to buy robe of the Good Archmage. We are now desperately poor: so poor that even Ilmater would give us the thumbs up!

Killing the wolves to the west of the temple of Lathander caused Dynaheir to reach level 6. We therefore rested at Beregost so that her spellbook was refreshed.

Fighting the basilisks something happened that hasn't happened to me before. Minsc got poisoned twice! Presumably, in the past my character has either been immune to poison or at least resistant to it.

Fighting Mutamin, I was panicked, but fortunately the skeletons that I had summoned were immune and killed Mutamin whilst I ran about aimlessly. Fortunately I didn't run into anything hostile. :)

Now at the FAI fully rested, but still in need of gold.

We killed Arghain and his cohorts using web and fireballs thus acquiring a decent two handed sword for Minsc.

It was as well that we did, for when we went to Durlag's, he and the second Battle Horror died almost simultaneously.

Unfortunately, no gold to raise him.

We will have to get some more gold somehow. Perhaps that is what we should have done BEFORE going to Durlag's.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

At least the battle horrors are dead. It made our return to Durlag's a lot easier.

We cleared much of the upper levels. One of the basilisks was allowed to live as I didn't want to use another potion of mirrored eyes.

We are about to descend but that will wait until a good night's rest.

We had no intention of killing love on this visit though it was good to acquire some good plate armour.
    We also decided that taking on the doppelgangers to get the gong was too risky since there was little to gain from it,

Whilst there, everyone except Minsc levelled up. :)

Khaled and Jaheira joined the party.

We reckon rhat we should now be strong enough to take on the demons in the Nashkel Mines.

Dynaheir's use of web saved Miner Beldin.

[IMO saving him should up reputation by 1. Since I already have Rep of 20, it makes no difference in this game though. ]

After killing Mulahey, I picked up Xan, leaving Khalid and Jaheira down there temporarily.

We charmed Oublek in the hope of Neira killing him. Sadly a summones skeleton killed him, then Oublek went hostile after which the skeleton killed him as well without a by your leave. Lost 10 peputation points! At least we got gold and the emeralds!

We bade Xan farewell, were reunited with Khaled and Jaheira and killed the Revenant, Narcillicus and his slimes.

Now back at Carnival.

Decided to lose a bit more reputation before taking on the bandits! Get that horror spell!

I wasn't going to do that, but with rep at 10 it makes sense!

We have left the camp and after killing the bandits north of Beregost, we killed first Tranzig and then the spiders in Landrin's house. Safana was caught breaking into a chest. Her offer of a bribe was turned down, reducing rep to 9.

The bandits at the camp were slain easily and I gained the ability to cast horror. :)

Time to enter Cloakwood.
    edited February 1
    In the original Baldur's Gate Game, if you rolled a Lawful Neutral Elf Enchanter whose attributes were higher than Xan in every category, he was able to use Xan's Sword. Is that still possible with EE? The blade could be fooled into thinking you were Xan if you were also called Xan.

EDIT

Tried it out. You can't. :'( A shame.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,837
    The original games used extremely specific requirements to limit the usability of NPC items. These could be overcome by certain very specific character builds.

The EE has a new system; a file item_use.2da which lists items and the NPCs allowed to use them. This cannot be overcome by any means; only that NPC can use the item, no matter what. Those overly specific race/class/kit/alignment/stat requirements are also still largely in place, so (for example) if Anomen puts on the Orc Leather armor and lowers his charisma by a point, he can't use his shield anymore. Or if you change Valygar to an Archer, he can't wear his armor. Or if you make Jan a bard, he can't use his gloves or goggles.

Xan's sword is one of the items on that item_use list. Only Xan can use it. Though in this case, the other requirements have been loosened. Xan can still use his Moonblade in the EE no matter what you do to his race, class, alignment, kit, or stats. Even as a cleric that can't become proficient with the weapon (it uses dagger proficiency), he can still wield it.
    edited February 1
    jmerry wrote: »
    The original games used extremely specific requirements to limit the usability of NPC items. These could be overcome by certain very specific character builds.

The EE has a new system; a file item_use.2da which lists items and the NPCs allowed to use them. This cannot be overcome by any means; only that NPC can use the item, no matter what. Those overly specific race/class/kit/alignment/stat requirements are also still largely in place, so (for example) if Anomen puts on the Orc Leather armor and lowers his charisma by a point, he can't use his shield anymore. Or if you change Valygar to an Archer, he can't wear his armor. Or if you make Jan a bard, he can't use his gloves or goggles.

Xan's sword is one of the items on that item_use list. Only Xan can use it. Though in this case, the other requirements have been loosened. Xan can still use his Moonblade in the EE no matter what you do to his race, class, alignment, kit, or stats. Even as a cleric that can't become proficient with the weapon (it uses dagger proficiency), he can still wield it.

Thanks for the explanation.

I suppose that if I exported Xan using EE, then I could play Xan, but then his starting experience would be too high.

Found that last comment isn't true. I have started Xan as a level 1 character with my own roll. Quite a good one!

Sadly he couldn't open the chest with the armour scroll in it. He couldn't have used it anyway!!

I have just discovered that if I change the scripts in EE, then I can play Xan. That could be interesting though I expect that it would be buggy. Going from BG1 to Dragonspear probably won't work as Xan gets kicked out. Still, it could be fun trying it out. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. The game would certainly be different and at least I don't have to install a mod to do it.

q2sycm1r3b85.jpg
    5khu7kr7t1z7.jpg
    The usage file targets by script name, as does the "leave the party after SoD's starting dungeon" scripting. While you can hack Xan into the party lead position with various tricks, any version of him that can use the moonblade will also leave shortly after SoD's start for a Game Over. No full trilogy for him; while he can take it to the defeat of Sarevok, his quest ends there.
    edited February 2
    The usage file targets by script name, as does the "leave the party after SoD's starting dungeon" scripting. While you can hack Xan into the party lead position with various tricks, any version of him that can use the moonblade will also leave shortly after SoD's start for a Game Over. No full trilogy for him; while he can take it to the defeat of Sarevok, his quest ends there.

I thought that would be the case, so I'll drop that idea. There is a mod called Xan's new groove that makes Xan into a fighter/mage and gives him some thankfully weak armour, but once more, he can't be taken to SoD. :( As Xan says, the moonblade isn't much use for an enchanter.

The Drizzt Saga also has a moonblade but that isn't designed for mages as it has long sword proficiency. Getting it is a task and a half!!

Mods are definitely needed to take more NPCs to SoD and preferably SoA too. One can get attached to them
    edited February 2

Every time I try the peaceful conversation with Aldeth and the Druids the game crashes. Anybody know what the problem is?

If nobody knows I can temporarily say goodbye to Jaheira and Khaled and then fight the druids, reuniting with jaheira later. I would prefer the peaceful route though.

My reputation is only 9. Could that be the problem?
    A repeatable crash like that? The game is trying to do something that invokes a broken/missing resource. Which, of course, means that it's something to do with one or more of your mods.
    edited February 2
    A repeatable crash like that? The game is trying to do something that invokes a broken/missing resource. Which, of course, means that it's something to do with one or more of your mods.

My Weidu log.
    Very short!

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~DLCMERGER/DLCMERGER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Merge DLC into game -> Merge "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC: 1.5
    ~KITTOMES/SETUP-KITTOMES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kit Tomes for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu: v2.0
    ~KITTOMES/SETUP-KITTOMES.TP2~ #0 #3 // Panver's Merchandise -> Panver Sells 6 Tomes per Kit: v2.0
    ~KITTOMES/SETUP-KITTOMES.TP2~ #0 #6 // Tome Locations -> Merchandise Only-> Panver is outside the Friendly Arm Inn: v2.0

And I haven't used any of the tomes!!

EDIT

I just ran it again. This time it didn't crash. I have no idea why. The only difference is that I didn't buff beforehand.

Aldeth thanked me for my help.
    edited February 3
    Trio 57 FINAL Update
    Cordan - human priest of tempus, protagonist (Corey_Russell)
    Nappa - half-elf dragon disciple (Gate70)
    Saki - gnomish cleric/thief (Grond0)

Last session we had just gotten through the Naskel Mines - Amazons were our next target - with sleeps, command, hold persons and silences skeletons and hold person, it was going to be a pretty lopsided fight and so it was.
    w8yohob3oqv5.jpg

Sirines and ogres were our next target. The ogres bot a bit messy with many resisting Nappa's sleeps and also he somehow got in the middle of them. While running for his life, his party members tried commands/wand of heaves to whittle them down - success! The poor sirines couldn't do much with the skeleton distractions keeping them busy while the party peppered the sirines with missiles.

Nimbul and Neira were our next targets. While Saki got a backstab and a command in, a cheeky Nashkel guard got the kill. Neira was backtabbed, wand of heavened and magic missiled. Needless to say her assassination attempt failed.

Tranzig was our next target. A single backtab was all that was needed.

TIme for the bandit camp. 3 skeletons lead the way with the party using spells, backstabs and missiles, the surface was cleared easily enough. For Tazok's tent, the cleric's sneaked in, and used silences and skeletons then attacked. It was a massacre, the enemies couldn't do anything of note.

We then made our way through the Cloakwood. As is our habit, most things were skipped although we did pick up a free invulnerability potion that no one can use....Drassus and friends were silenced/held/blinded and no surprise they couldn't win the fight. The hasted skeletons certainly didn't help them either.
    t4n7bk1113wb.jpg

As is our custom, we took the straight line to Davaeorn, only stopping to kill things in our way on the way down there. Davaeorn himself was taken out with 3 skull traps out of sight easy fight this way.

Time for the City of Baldur's gate. What's funny while Cordan was busy summoning skeletons his party killed all the enemies at the top floor of Sorcerous Sundries before his pets could even get a single swipe in1 No fair!

Nappa wanted to take down Ogre Mage - problem? He is the only party member who can't hide (Cordan used sanctuary). He ran for his life but with backstabs/wand of heavens/sleeps the first batch of carrion crawlers were defeated. While the party was looting the corpses in the hallway Nappa absent-mindedly walked and caused a 2nd set of carrion crawlers to spawn! And Saki was pretty far away. Nappa thought he was finished but no his party came through and just barely managed to save him - close! Saki looted a body while down here.
    objfmpbfy6tw.jpg

Then we turned in our corpse then killed the reward giver. Guess we weren't too grateful. We then sought out Nemphre.

But then a most unfortunate set of events occurred. You see, Nemphre wears RED and so does Nappa. Cordan was just about to wand of heavens Nemphre dead, but then the party moved in, shifted Nemphre's position and Cordan accidenttally used his wand of heavens on Nappa!!! Not be outdone, Saki followed his leader's lead and backstabbed Nappa dead! Oops!

vau3f4fgfwha.jpg

So Cordan was going to resurrect his friend, but for some reason Saki tried to backstab Nemphre, but she survived. She did improved invisibility, then a lightning bolt which destroyed Cordan - RIP Cordan.

5tngu6aiiaqt.jpg

This run sets a record I think - I think it's the first time a party member backstabbed another party member dead! On to the next set of lambs to the slaughter...
    Post edited by Corey_Russell on
    edited February 3
    @Corey_Russell :D I imagine that could happen if Xzar and Montaron got into a fight with a lawful good character such as Ajantis. I don't know if it has ever happened though!
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,326
    Trio 58 1st and final update
    Agrain - dwarf priest of Lathander (Grond0)
    Donthitme - half-elf dragon disciple (Gate70)
    Coredruid V - half-elf fighter/druid (Corey_Russell)

Well, the comedy of errors continued as these lambs didn't take long to slaughter ...

We survived Candlekeep and Agrain picked up a level by commanding Shoal to die a couple of times. Then it was on to Beregost where Agrain and Donthitme were doing a couple of quests before being rudely summoned when Neera survived an attack from Coredruid and thrust us into battle with a Thayan wizard. As soon as control was restored, Agrain ran away from the wizard, intending to leave Neera to suck up his spells. However, Donthitme wanted to try and get both the wizard and his pair of guards with a single sleep spell. Despite being sceptical that the wizard could be affected by sleep, Agrain reversed direction and ran back towards the wizard. Unfortunately, he got a fraction too close before turning back again - meaning the Thayan took his eye off Neera and targeted Agrain. Agrain failed to save against the resulting Flame Arrow and the level obtained from Shoal was now proved to be a mistake as he could no longer rely on level 1 protection to save himself ...
    lg2eleq2owkb.jpg
    yawno8gt5ppe.jpg
    edited February 7
    At last! It's taken an age to get back on this forum! Every time navigation is a real pain!

Journal of Talossus Continued

The Cloakwood mines were no problem. One charge of the wand of monster summoning was sufficient to use up all of Davaeorn's magic. We then used brute force and ignorance. :)

We returned to the FAI where Khaled and Jaheira were dropped off so that we could re-recruit Dorn.

We finished off his quest after which I gained another horror bhaalpower when we returned to the FAI. We boosted reputation somewhat whilst his presence lowered the cost. Upon requesting his departure reputation stands at 14.

We returned to the mines to hand over the river plug key so that the mine could be flooded. :) First we recruited Yeslick and took him to the surface in case he was needed in the future.

After handing over the key at the mines, and Mulahey's symbol at Nashkel we are back to being heroes. :) Just as well as we will soon be going to the Gate to do some shopping. :smile:

Before doing so we hunted more ankheg as Dynaheir was nearly at level 8. She reached it and then we did minor quests at the Gate to boost rep to 20. It would have been 21 as our last quest gave us two points. Sadly it is capped at 20.

We went shopping and though we had quite a lot og gold, it didn't go that far. We need more if we are to buy everything that we want to, however after selling surplus armour we were able to buy a dagger of poison and the army scythe.

We boosted Dynaheir's intelligence with a potion which enabled her to memorise a lot more spells. :)

Now down to 4000gp. Still more potions which we would like to buy. Not enough gold for everything we would like but we had better have a reserve in case of deaths!

EDIT

For some time I have been a little uncomfortable playing Chaotic Neutral so I am putting this run to one side while I play a Lawful Good Dwarven Cleric of Helm aided by a Human Inquisitor. I chose to have a party of two because SoD sadly gives no option for Paladin NPCs. :(

Further information of my Helmuth below.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,177
    Nice to see everyone still plugging away :). I picked up an old BG1 run with a Cavalier and finished it last year, so will have a go at BG2 again soon p'raps, as long as SCS seems stable.
    edited February 10
    Journal of Helmuth the Cleric of Helm.

7m938aers1df.jpg

Helmata and I have recently become followers of Helm due to the visits of one of his Priests to Candlekeep. As a result, at that time we changed our names to something more fitting. We are still learning the ways of Helm, but hopefully our behaviour will come into alignment with his, given time.

In Candlekeep we equipped ourselves as best we could, then at the behest of Gorion, we left Candlekeep with him. This sadly led to his demise.

Imoen then joined us and we supplied her with a long sword and some leather armour before leaving her in the relative safety of Beregost.

After finding a letter, we delivered it to Mirianne. We then found some boots that help stealth and some healing potions.

By going up and down the road from Baldur's Gate to Nashkel we both have +1 weapons of our choice. We are heroes and our armour is reasonable though there is some full plate available in Beregost that we would like to buy if we had sufficient gold.

We took Melicamp to High Hedge where he was transformed back to his human form. Whilst there we bought potions of freedom and mirrored eyes and also some +1 bullets. We are now most definitely so poor that Ilmater would be proud of us. Couldn't afford any more bullets!

We then sought out Bassilus and killed him but sadly the reward was not enough for the armour. :'(

After heading south we killed Greywolf before heading east where we found a ring that protects from fire. Shortly afterwards we were given a scroll of protection before agreeing o take Samuel to the FAI. This boosted my clerical abilities so that I can now animate dead. Hunting ankheg is now a LOT easier. Their shells enabled me to buy much needed armour pluys amulets and scrolls at the carnival. In addition the experience was very handy. I should however have killed at least two more!

After reuniting Albert and Rufie Helmata was raised to level 5, the same level as me.

We made our way to the gnoll stronghold and whilst there realised that if Dynaheir joined us, she wouldn't have fireball in her memory so we returned to the carnival where we rested.

Zargal and his cronies were killed and then we headed west where we killed Gallor and helped Charleston Nib. This brought our rep up to 20.

Now heading north where our rest was interrupted by a sirine. I cast command whilst Helmata attacked with her swords. I then used a charge of my wand of magic missiles which finished her off.

With the help of buffed skeletons Helmata used her bow to kill Sil and the other sirine. This caused me to become level 6. :)

We were assaulted by Shoal but her gamr didn't affect me. Everything was going swimmingly, but then the game crashed! :(

After reloading her spell put me to sleep, but skeletons together with Helmata were already doing well when I cast a silence spell. That settrled the matter. I consumed two healing potions and then we killed Shoal. We slept and then helped Arcand.

To the south Helmata aided by skeletons killed more sirines.

We then returned to Beregost. We are both 34000+ experience so it was now time to do some recruiting. Xzar and Montaron joined me and Montaron "found" me a nice cloak, a few scrolls and potions. What the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve over I suppose.

Xzar was of particular help when we were ambushed south of Nashkel. It was then that Dorn joined the party. He wanted me to help him deal with some traitorious bandits which I suppose wasn't a bad thing to do.

After helping him with that I bade farewell to both him and the pair who wanted help getting to Nashkel. I left them at the Carnival. They were most ungrateful for my help so I suppose that it is good riddance to bad rubbish.

Whilst the equipment that I and Helmata have is good, I wish to enlist others for whom my equipment is poor. I therefore sought to earn enough to buy decent equipment for a mage. Ankheg shells were the answer.

I then spoke to Bentan who encouraged me to divest myself of all my wealth which at the time was 16gp.

I expected him to take it, but he didn't. Clearly he was one of the more honest followers of Ilmater!

Have now picked up Dynaheir and returned to the carnival. Now quite wealthy 159gp! :smiley:

More hunting needed as I need to furnish a thief!

However I returned Landrin's items first and with the gold he gave me, I bought some potions. Then, to prove my sincerity to Ilmater I gave ALL my gold to the temple at the FAI.

08fgx9m33a0j.jpg

Since then having killed some ankheg we have been able to buy shadow armour and the army scythe, but no poisoned dagger yet.

We picked up Safana and raided the cave. We are now headed for the basilisks.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,872
    edited February 10
    Trio 59 Updates 1 2 end (link to 58's end)
    Picket - dwarf Bounty Hunter (Gate70)
    Trip- human Totemic Druid (Grond0)
    Yerox XXXI - human Undead Hunter (Corey_Russell)

Bonus points to Yerox for not being able to spell his own name backwards

We only had 9 minutes play at the end of last week for our third trio of the day, which was enough to clear Candlekeep and reach the edge of High Hedge to observe the Sword Coast.

This week was short but not sweet, being ambushed on our way to the aforementioned coast. Picket took an arrow as he made for the ambush exit. A yowl of pain but he made the edge and though he'd got away with it but a second arrow arrived just as he was about to click the party away to safety (or another ambush).

So about 10 minutes all in, meaning Trio 60 has to survive the remaining 1h58m minus character generation.
    edited February 11
    Journal of Helmuth the Cleric of Helm

We cleared the wolf pack near Lathander's Temple before going basilisk hunting. We weiped out a party of advenurers using web and fireball followed by ranged weapons.

Using a green scroll and skeletons we then cleared the basilisks finishing off with Mutamin.

We then proceeded to the FAI where we had a well earned rest.

Since we have less than 3000 gp we deemed it wise to collect more ankheg shells before recruiting Khaled and Jaheira.

No real problems so far.

Dynaheir also needed some scrolls.

Took Khaled and Jaheira to Nashkel, dropped them off and picked up Minsc.

We dealt with Mulahey and picked up Xan.

Upon leaving the mines we killed the Amazons, the Revenant and Narcillicus before returning to the Carnival to rest.

When we fought Nimbul he killed the charmed Oublek before being killed by a soldier of Amn.

After getting our reward from the mayor we bade Xan farewell. (Did that in the wrong order!)

We then proceeded to Beregost where we delivered scalps to Officer Vai.

After selling the emeralds that we found on Oublek's body we went shopping in Berehost for the poisoned dagger and minor equipment. We were left with 18gp.

Perhaps the correct time to pick up Neera. (If a wild surge takes our gold, it's no big deal.)

I have decided that for a no reload game, it is NEVER the right time to pick up Neera.

Reputation went from 20 to 3 due to one wild surge!

6gbyfpbn9apx.jpg

I think that I will abandon this game.

It would be a VERY long time before paladin status could be reaquired. :'(

Loss of gold is no way the worst thing that can happen if Neera is in the party.

Perhaps doing her quest early on would be better. Not so great a loss if you abandon the game.
    edited February 15
    Journal of Ham the Cleric of Helm

Starting with the same duo as last time. Only our names and appearance have changed to avoid confusion.

Pinterest sent me the inquisitor's image without me requesting it. I was quite impressed. :)

e9wojno8hkpt.jpg
    gt37f6ve6w3x.jpg

Starting gold insufficient for Hal to have armour. However with a paladin comrade he doesn't need it for Candlekeep.

After the death of Gorion we were able to help Melicamp.

In my modded set-up that gives 2000 experience and +2 to reputation. In this set-up I get neither. :'(

We calmed Marl, took a tome to Firebead and a missive to Mirianne.

That gave us +1 to reputation and a +1 ring of protection.

We bought a +1 sling and 3gp worth of bullets. We now have NO gold.

You would think that I was a cleric of Ilmater, not Helm. :D

Joia's ring was returned to her. Sonner waas killed and the bowl returnedd to Tenya.

The nearby ankheg was killed and we proceeded to Nashkel.

We turned down an undeserved reward and killed Greywolf getting badly injured in the process so we rested at the Carnival.

2g6ebeqftb0p.jpg
    Trio 60 - Update 1
    Corefighter X, dwarven fighter, protagonist (Corey_Russell)
    Steel, human illusionist (Grond0)
    Gloriana, human blackguard (Gate70)

Due to to the rather quick end to Trio 59, was time to roll another group. We have more fighter types this group which may help things. Corefighter nearly died to Montaron but his party came to his rescue. Shoal then didn't last long. We had then done a number of Beregost quests but Gate70 accidentally initiated a party transition (we normally have the protagonist do it). No one could go to the next area - problem though? Auto-save was BEFORE Beregost, which meant doing the Beregost tasks again. But we did so without much trouble including getting our gem bag from Neera.

Defeating the ogrillions just outside Beregost went OK and we got the stealth boots, not that anyone can use them. We then made a bee-line for Nashkel to get the ankheg armor for Corefighter, who passed his hand-me-down splint mail to Gloriana. Corefighter thought basilisks needed a lesson to headed there. He had told Steel to rest and prepare before going to basilisks area, but Steel didn't understand and so didn't have the arcane PfP memorized. No matter, will use a green scroll. Most basilisks were cleared without too much trouble. Problem though? Steel got too close to the greater basilisk and got petrified. This meant it needed to be killed as it would be a threat on our return and it could even petrify her again. But issue is now she is pretty far behind in levels as at one point Corefighter was level 5 and Steel was only level 3. But in any case we obtained the green scroll to put Steel back together and with Gloriana's fear immunity Mutamutin wasn't going to stand too much of a chance (he didn't). Kirian's party was subjested to two stinking clouds and combined with missile fire the party was victorious! Whew.

Forgot to mention is party needed weapons before this. We discovered that two party members were using two hand sword Corefighter and Gloriana (we heard her complain at Candlekeep "Where's the two hand sword?"). So we quickly paid a stop to Arghain and let Gloriana have the magical two hand sword. Somewhere on the way we encountered flinds which had some non-magical two hand swords for Corefighter. Also he said he would use halberds and we picked up a magical one on the way to the gnoll fortress.

We paid a stop to just below FAI to pick up a belt of piercing for Steel and a magical ring. Also picked up a magical ring for Steel at the FAI.

So by this point Corefighter had decent HP (64) and -4 AC so he and his party headed to the ankheg farm area. While we did kill the ankhegs without death, they got quite a few hits in so Corefighter needed to use a fair number of blue potions. We finally arrived at Ulgoth's Beard bought a few goodies. and saved our session here.
    edited February 16
    Journal of Ham the Cleric of Helm

After resting we went east of the mines where we found a ring to protect from fire. We were given a scroll of protection after which we were asked to take Samuel to the FAI. This we did and when tarnesh attacked us, we killed him. Inside we were given potions to help clear a house of a spider infestation. We spoke to an unfriendly half orc and left.

In Beregost we returned the Colquetle amulet and headed south once more where wed met the half-orc once more. This time he was a bit more friendly towards us and helped us against a mutual enemy. In return we agreed to help him agaist people who had betrayed him.

This battle was different. We killed Kryll and healed Hagar. However he was still lying unresponsive on the ground.
    Perhaps other spells might revive him. We'll see. I berlieve that he has full health points, but is dead. His body is whole.

I strongly suspect that the game wouldn't be able to cope with Hagar being resurrected!!

We bade farewell to Dorn.

0fz6tsxjdasj.jpg

We then reunited Albert and Rufie. I am now level 4.

It was time to look for more ankheg.

Having sold the shells we were able to buy some full plate armour and the army scythe. However no gold for buying the Shadow Armour or a Robe of an Archmage. :(

I'm still wondering how we managed to kill Kryll without her casting the spell that destroys those with her.

Has it happened to anybody else?

I presume that you have to tell Taris that he died peacefully. Since we weren't there at the time, who is to know differently?

EDIT

I then went ankheg hunting and then went after Bassilus. Due to careful planning there were no problems. Batard saved against rigid thinking and I sent in skeletons which were immune to most of the spells. I however was held by him, but my party were more than capable of finishing him off. After claiming our reward we went to the carnival and bought more equipment before killing Zondral.

We then killed Zorgal, Malkax and Geltik with ease, but prior to that I was held by a ghoul due to one of my skeletons starting the battle before I was fully prepared. This caused bandits to get involved. :( By the time I dealt with Zargal's party the skeletons were near death. We went as far as we could westward and rested. Then travelled west where we met up with Brage. Upon helping him our reputation reached 20.

We hunted ankhegs until Batard's level went up to 6 and then we recruited Neera. She went with us to the lighthouse area and helped us against the first party of sirine. However a poisoned arrow killed her too quickly to be helped and she died.

We then recruited Safana and I summoned some skeletons to fight the next group of sirine.

We also used skeletons against the golems inside the cave whilst Safana dealt with the traps.

We returned to Lathander's Temple and we had Neera raised. Immediately she told us that she wanted to seek out Adoy and thankfully we were able to meet him. He gave us a useful belt and Batard now has a second bastard sword +1.

We dropped Neera off at the FAI and re-enlisted a number of NPCs.

We also killed a lot of ankhegs.

Our party now consists of Ham the Helmite, Batard the Inquisitor, Minsc, Dynaheir and Safana.

With the gold frm the ankheg shells we topped up Dynaheir's spell book and bought her a robe of the Good Archmage.

We also bought a wand of sleep with the result that we are poor again having no gold whatsoever.

We then headed west where Droth and Shoal followed by some sirine were killed.

The Nashkel mine has now been entered.