Skip to content

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited October 2022 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    I'm going to be a Wild Orlan Cipher who, at first at least, hates hunams. Party makeup I'll figure out as I go along I suppose, mostly depending on who I like.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    edited March 2015
    I know I'm going to play a Chanter because necromancy spells.

Race. . .Val'myr would either be a Pale Elf or a Death Godlike.

Piro would definitely be a Orlan Chanter.

It's odd, Piro is a Bard and the Bard is the Chanter, and Val'myr is a Necromancer which is also the Chanter XD

Not sure who I'll have as far as NPCs go.

Edit: The chanter spell names ARE COOL AS HELL
    "White Worms Writhed in the Bellies of the Dead"

It's a corpse explosion that summons 3 grub-things! IT'S SO COOL.

Post edited by Vallmyr on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Well, I semi-know who I want in my party on my first playthrough.

Charname is...

Name: Ayaka
    Race: Wood Elf
    Class: Wizard
    Culture: Old Vailia
    Background: Aristocrat

Then, I'm probably going to recruit...Edér, Aloth, Durance, and either Hiravias or Kana Rua.

I'll create a custom character in Defiance Bay..

Name: Iniigo
    Race: Wood Elf
    Class: Rogue
    Culture: Deadfire Archipelago
    Background: Raider

Oh, and until I can get Durance, I'll also have a Custom Priest, created at Gilded Vale.

Name: Amara-Lee
    Race: Meadow Human
    Class: Priest
    Deity: Eorthas
    Culture: Aedyr
    Background: Clergyman
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Human paladin. Party members will be chosen based on how likable they are, but I know I'll want a priest and a wizard. I assume there's a companion wizard or two but if he/she is the stereotypical arrogant douchebag wizard or "I'm a sorcerer so I'm therefore unpredictable and chaotic and it's so funny" sorcerer-type, they get the boot and a custom created character takes their place.
    Wait.
    So I can make both Val'myr AND Piro for my party? WELP I'M DOING THAT!
  • PlagueNatePlagueNate Member Posts: 2
    I've been searching around and haven't found a conclusive answer yet. Any idea on rogues being essential to a party (locked doors, chests etc.) It seems like you can have a party without them. There's just so many other classes I want to play with that I don't want to have an obligatory rogue if its largely unnecessary. I'll echo the chanter love above. Pretty geeked.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Macona said:

I'm going in blind, so I haven't done much planning.

I'm rolling a Paladin PC, and I'll just pick up the NPCs as I find them.

Human paladin. Party members will be chosen based on how likable they are, but I know I'll want a priest and a wizard. I assume there's a companion wizard or two but if he/she is the stereotypical arrogant douchebag wizard or "I'm a sorcerer so I'm therefore unpredictable and chaotic and it's so funny" sorcerer-type, they get the boot and a custom created character takes their place.

Hey... everyone is doing what I'm doing!
    I really like this game. It's very Baldur's Gatey, yet it's still something new and unique.

Custom party members can be added as early as the inn at the first town you reach.
    Ended up making Val'myr, my primary character, a Pale Elf Chanter and just now created Piro at the tavern as a Hearth Orlan Druid. I figured in this setting the closest thing to fey magic would be druid magic and ORLAN ARE SO CUTE.
    I just bought it! Downloading now!

Can't wait. I'm kinda an idiot... I bought it first day it came out instead of pre-ordering it and getting special goodies. Missed it by an hour!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I've been playing as a death godlike priest but I'm getting my butt kicked. Reminds me of starting BG1 all those years ago for the first time :)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Guys I accidentally (yeah, right :smile: ) ran the game... and this was a huge mistake. Now, I need to put myself for a torment by shelving it out:( It's so good that I'd play it to death... if I could. I've work to do first... oh crap, it hurts:(
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @booinyoureyes - Don't feel bad. I did exactly the same thing. and for the same reason that @mlnevese indicated. I wanted to see if it lived up to the hype before I put my hard cash on the counter. I've been burned enough times that I wasn't going to buy into the sales and marketing. But so far I am not disappointed. Not one bit. Who needs the shiny extras? Which I am sure will become available later on in any event.

@booinyoureyes - Don't feel bad. I did exactly the same thing. and for the same reason that @mlnevese indicated. I wanted to see if it lived up to the hype before I put my hard cash on the counter. I've been burned enough times that I wasn't going to buy into the sales and marketing. But so far I am not disappointed. Not one bit. Who needs the shiny extras? Which I am sure will become available later on in any event.

Since the game seems to be mod-able I'm sure it'll be like how NWN2 has a mod that gives you the pre-order bonuses.

Also, Pillars of Eternity is ruining my game cycle. I was supposed to beat Inquisition and Pools of Radiance and then go play NWN1 expansions and NWN2 OC+Expansions.

Now I'm like CRAP THIS GAME IS SO GOOD and everything is put on hold.

/cries.
    @Vallmyr - wait, I hope you mean "Pool of radiance" rather than "Pools of radiance" (which was a total crap game). The Pool (singular) was that Awesome Gold box game that you've been posting. Pools (the plural) was a game that came out so broken that I uninstalled it and chucked the disk after about the 11th try to get through it.

And is it my imagination, or is the forum unusually quiet today? I almost imagine that I hear crickets. It's creepy.

@Vallmyr - wait, I hope you mean "Pool of radiance" rather than "Pools of radiance" (which was a total crap game). The Pool (singular) was that Awesome Gold box game that you've been posting. Pools (the plural) was a game that came out so broken that I uninstalled it and chucked the disk after about the 11th try to get through it.

And is it my imagination, or is the forum unusually quiet today? I almost imagine that I hear crickets. It's creepy.

Er, yeah, Pool of Radiance. I didn't know there was another game with a similar title.

I still plan on binging on the game this weekend as previously planned, though. I love CRPGs <3
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @the_spyder It´s usually quiet on weekends... Actually we had 359 new comments, 11 new discussions and 32 new users just today :)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Nah, everybody just play Pillars. Hence the silence :smile: Game is frigging gorgeous. Shame that I must put it on "shelf" for awhile.
    @vallmyr - LOL. Sorry for the gloom and doom. Yeah, there was a game that came out in 2001. It was a HORRIBLE game and so broken at launch that it redefined the term at the time. I mean ToEE was a mess, but this game was like pre-alpha horrible.

Things like, if you saved the game while invisible, it corrupted your save game. No member of your party could go outside of a very limited sphere around the group, so no scouting of any kind. No Wizard class, although you could play Sorcerer, which some say makes it just about equal, but still. Needless to say it was a royal mess. The full name is Pools of Radiance: ruin of Myth Drannor. Don't ever spend a dime (or a minute) on this game. I've played all of the D&D games, including the Game Boy game and Hillsfar. This game was BY FAR the worst.

@mlnevese - thanks for the info. I suspected that a lot of people were merely playing PoE like I intend to do when I get home.
    edited March 2015
    wow... my first character kinda sucks, may need to restart tbh. Made a "light" paladin who uses rapiers and stuff... poor choice!

Is everyone using companions or making custom party members?

I find the lack of rogues among joinable-NPCs odd... maybe an homage to Shadows of Amn??

Is everyone using companions or making custom party members?

I find the lack of rogues odd, and I'm not quite sure who I should have be the "mechanics" expert

I've only made 1 custom character, a rogue. I've avoided spoilers on the companions, but I know there's no rogue RPC. I've found a wizard and priest as I hoped I would and they're quite okay... well the wizard is an elf, but still.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yea the only custom character I made was a rogue as well.