Skip to content

GOT: Which Great House would you wish to see extinguished?

SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
edited March 2015 in Off-Topic
Just more GOT nonsense, wanna see how strongly people hate certain houses and their reasons for their hate.
  1. GOT: Which Great House would you wish to see extinguished?27 votes
    1. House Stark
        3.70%
    2. House Targaryen
      22.22%
    3. House Lannister
        7.41%
    4. House Baratheon
        3.70%
    5. House Greyjoy
      14.81%
    6. House Martell
        0.00%
    7. House Tully
        3.70%
    8. House Tyrell
        0.00%
    9. House Arryn
        3.70%
    10. Other/None
      40.74%

Comments

• SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    This is a close thing for me, I can't stand the Targaryen's inbred idiots the lot of them, weak or stupid or cruel or mad or any combination of the above. So in the end i had to go with them.

The close second or me is House Tully, which is strange because I quite like the Black Fish and his nephew, and the river folk seem a pretty reasonable bunch all in all, but they did give us both Lysa Arryn and Catelyn Stark, which to my mind kills all good will I could of had for that house.

The other day I was trying to figure out who i hated the most in the GOT world and it was a no-brainer in the end.
    Nobody comes close to Catelyn Stark, maybe it was reading all those early chapters from her perspective, maybe it was the way she treated Jon, maybe all the whining and really stupid things she does, but yeah I hate her the same way I hate Skyler from breaking bad.
    I laughed my ass off during the red wedding, "must admit watching that scene was way better than reading it, good job TV people, good job.".
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Well, Joffrey Baratheon has been extinguished. Let everyone else live:)
    bengoshi said:

Yeah but what about

Ramsay Bolton

Maester Pycelle

Cersei Lannister

not to forget Danaerys Targaryen and a hundred or so horrible minor characters.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

Ramsay Bolton

I didn't think I could ever hate a character more than I hated Joffrey...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Just kill Danaerys already :naughty:
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    TheElf said:

Frey needs to be an option. I'm looking forward to something happening to Walder..

Not a great house though, personally I'd probably go for Bolton if it was an option.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    All.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Men.
    Must.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Poop.
    Valar poopolis.
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    House Spicer. They're not in the tv show but in the books they had a huge hand in orchestrating the Red Wedding.

From the tv show, it'd have to be the Boltons, though given their history with the Starks, I'm surprised they haven't been extinguished already.
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    Ramsay Snow/Bolton and his friends, he's ruining the story for me.
  • MaconaMacona Member Posts: 70
    Kill the Greyjoys so I don't have to endure all their long boring chapters anymore. They spoiled 'Feast for Crows' in my opinion
    Macona said:

Kill the Greyjoys so I don't have to endure all their long boring chapters anymore. They spoiled 'Feast for Crows' in my opinion

No ways, Victarion's chapters are amazing and really like the Crow"s Eye Euron, hopefully Martin will do something interesting with him.
    Hey but each to his own.
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    TheElf said:

Frey needs to be an option. I'm looking forward to something happening to Walder..

I'm going with Frey too.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

bengoshi said:

Yeah but what about

Ramsay Bolton

Maester Pycelle

Cersei Lannister

not to forget Danaerys Targaryen and a hundred or so horrible minor characters.
    I've been thinking about your question, @SmilingSword , all these days. And I have to say I don't hate those people.

In fact, I think that Cersei has a big, huge problem and she is rather a victim than a killer.

I don't hate Daenerys Targaryen. She's a little woman that has to fight in the men's world.

Maester Pycelle - well, he's just doing his job, isn't he?

Ramsay Bolton - probably, the hardest one. But in the end, even taking all the tortures he made, I think he'll find his own destiny - to be killed one way or another. He doesn't need our wishes for it.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    House Targaryen with House Lannister a close second.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Surprised to see Targaryen in the lead. For watchers of the show, that's only one person. :(
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    TheElf said:

Surprised to see Targaryen in the lead. For watchers of the show, that's only one person. :(

So it would be the easiest to do! If it werent for those blasted dragons....
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    TheElf said:

I hear she gets a lot less likeable in the future (just a show watcher here, didn't read them)
    CrevsDaak said:

Just kill Danaerys already :naughty:

NOOOOOO.... need eye-candy

Ramsay Bolton

I didn't think I could ever hate a character more than I hated Joffrey...
    I still hate Joffrey more! That kid was just... ugh
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Baratheon. They're soooo booooring. =P

There are a number of houses I wouldn't mind never seeing again, but at least they're interesting in some horrible way.
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2015

Baratheon. They're soooo booooring. =P

There are a number of houses I wouldn't mind never seeing again, but at least they're interesting in some horrible way.

With the exception of Renly, the Baratheons are badass. In his younger years Robert wielded a freaking warhammer so heavy Ned couldn't lift it and used it like a pro. Stannis the Mannis held a castle for a year even though there was a blockade and his men were reduced to eating rats. Of all the contenders for the Iron Throne, I'm rooting for Stannis.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    It's kind of tough choice because there are members of each house that I really like.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

I just started watching this, bought the first two seasons. I think they're all assholes for the most part except Starks.

Then boy are you in for a treat. :naughty:
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Stopped watching during season one, actually. TL:DW (more DC for the don't care). I'm in the minority with this view, but can't help it. Dragon blonde girl cannot act to save her life. So much nudity/sex that it comes off as a cheap sell, rather than a project I can take seriously... *shrugs*
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2015
    I'm going to go with House Bolton. Those guys are jerks. Especially Ramsey.